Unbelievable!

cath67plum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm having difficulty reordering pump supplies because CCG haven't been paying the bill!!

It's the patients who suffer

ce81ar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No happened to me a few weeks ago. I was appalled because I put 2 orders through online which didn't go anywhere and I had no feedback to say that they weren't processing it. The first time I assumed I hadn't clicked the final stage on the order as I was in a hurry. The 2nd time I then called them and they explained that there was a funding issue. I was running pretty low by that point as it took me over a week to realise there was no order on the way, They over rode the system to get some supplies out to me. Am planning to raise it at my next review next week. Which PCT did you have an issue with?

Chris1957

Haven't had trouble ordering the trouble is that i have to many sets.had to phone and cancel any more for the next 9months

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have you written to your MP pointing how much it will cost to keep you in hospital if they every arrive late due to the CCG not paying on time?

Reactions: tircoed

cath67plum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've written to MPs

I've written to CCG and made formal complaint.

I've written to INPUT.

Heard NOTHING from my DSN for 2 weeks. Sent her email this morning.

Phoned Medtronic to find out if the issue has been resolved as heard nothing. Apparently the issue is still under review!!

Doing my head in :arghh::banghead::bigtears::confused:

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I've written to MPs
I've written to INPUT.
Phoned Medtronic to find out if the issue has been resolved as heard nothing. Apparently the issue is still under review!!

Yup, does it make you feel vulnerable?

I had an issue a couple of years ago where my prescription ran out for my insulin (where I live if you get a prescription you get a government subsidy off the price) but here again - this is a process for a subsidy and one day as I went to get some insulin the person at the pharmacy said they couldn't sell me any insulin because my prescription ran out - stupid people.

Looks like you're caught in an internal healthcare process followed by people who have no idea what it's like to have diabetes. I think we all get confronted by that from time to time. Sure hope your situation is remedied and you have enough to last you until you get it resolved. Can you go back to old fashioned injections if you don;t get it resolved soon enough? Hope so ....

Reactions: cath67plum

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've written to MPs

I've written to INPUT.

I hate to say it but it may be time to give your local newspaper a call!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @cath67plum Not sure if this is much help but I have spare Medtronic supplies if you are running short ? Mios and reservoirs ?

Reactions: cath67plum

cath67plum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @cath67plum Not sure if this is much help but I have spare Medtronic supplies if you are running short ? Mios and reservoirs ?

Thanks so much. I got a message today from Medtronic - they have agreed to send me another box out while issue is being resolved. The saga continues but at least I will have necessary supplies for a couple more weeks.

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Thanks so much. I got a message today from Medtronic - they have agreed to send me another box out while issue is being resolved. The saga continues but at least I will have necessary supplies for a couple more weeks.

That's good news, if you are running short I do have an unopened box of mios, I don't use them anymore so happy to post them out with some resevoirs.

Reactions: Gaz-M