1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by cath67plum, Jun 1, 2017.

1. cath67plum

cath67plum Type 1 · Active Member

I'm having difficulty reordering pump supplies because CCG haven't been paying the bill!!

It's the patients who suffer

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. novorapidboi26

novorapidboi26 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am surprised that has happened.....

is it just you do you think?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ce81ar

ce81ar Type 1 · Member

No happened to me a few weeks ago. I was appalled because I put 2 orders through online which didn't go anywhere and I had no feedback to say that they weren't processing it. The first time I assumed I hadn't clicked the final stage on the order as I was in a hurry. The 2nd time I then called them and they explained that there was a funding issue. I was running pretty low by that point as it took me over a week to realise there was no order on the way, They over rode the system to get some supplies out to me. Am planning to raise it at my next review next week. Which PCT did you have an issue with?

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Medusa41

Medusa41 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @cath67plum - That's disgraceful. I hope the situation is soon rectified. @ce81ar - Hope yours is also rectified ASAP. Dreadful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris1957

Chris1957 · Member

Haven't had trouble ordering the trouble is that i have to many sets.had to phone and cancel any more for the next 9months

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. BeccyB

BeccyB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Disgraceful!
    Try contacting http://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk/ - they may have some advice. They would probably be interested in recording which CCG it is too in case they can advise any others in the future

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Have you written to your MP pointing how much it will cost to keep you in hospital if they every arrive late due to the CCG not paying on time?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. cath67plum

I've written to MPs

I've written to CCG and made formal complaint.

I've written to INPUT.

Heard NOTHING from my DSN for 2 weeks. Sent her email this morning.

Phoned Medtronic to find out if the issue has been resolved as heard nothing. Apparently the issue is still under review!!

Doing my head in :arghh::banghead::bigtears::confused:

• Hug Hug x 1
  9. fletchweb

fletchweb Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Yup, does it make you feel vulnerable?

I had an issue a couple of years ago where my prescription ran out for my insulin (where I live if you get a prescription you get a government subsidy off the price) but here again - this is a process for a subsidy and one day as I went to get some insulin the person at the pharmacy said they couldn't sell me any insulin because my prescription ran out - stupid people.

Looks like you're caught in an internal healthcare process followed by people who have no idea what it's like to have diabetes. I think we all get confronted by that from time to time. Sure hope your situation is remedied and you have enough to last you until you get it resolved. Can you go back to old fashioned injections if you don;t get it resolved soon enough? Hope so ....

• Like Like x 1
  10. BeccyB

BeccyB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but it may be time to give your local newspaper a call!

11. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @cath67plum Not sure if this is much help but I have spare Medtronic supplies if you are running short ? Mios and reservoirs ?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. cath67plum

Thanks so much. I got a message today from Medtronic - they have agreed to send me another box out while issue is being resolved. The saga continues but at least I will have necessary supplies for a couple more weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

That's good news, if you are running short I do have an unopened box of mios, I don't use them anymore so happy to post them out with some resevoirs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook