Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
13/7 - Morning.

9.6 at 8.30am :banghead:.

Ate out last night with friends and had a 3 course meal.
Where's mine?
I've missed my chance now on tier3. No more big meals, for ever. :) :) :) i'll have to have cordon bleu from now on :) without sweet. :) :) :) Great excuse for better restaurants? I've always had expensive taste. I wonder how much they affect my bgs? I must find out. Do you want to tag along once i'm working again?
I love posh dinning! Used to work for turner's fine foods. Great posh produce for little portions.
I do miss the good hotel lifestyle. I must become a diabetic/low carb food critic. What a job? Ha ha
Poor chef would have to put the syrup and caster sugar away!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning All

7.9 for me today, definitely going the wrong way. Bit of a lie in this morning as todays appointment is not until this afternoon - first with a dietician, then a quick blast on the radiotherapy machine just in time to catch the Leeds rush hour on the way home.

I'm hoping the dietician will be happy enough with my weight progress that I can return to being more strict about my FBG, but we'll see.
Hope you have good dn support Tim. Thinking of you. :)

Reactions: bigjim19 and P1ckle

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My doctor took me off my preventer as he thought I had too much steroids in my system already I really miss it.
Asthma nurse said so low amount of steriod aimed at lungs so has little effect on bgs. Is that true?

Reactions: P1ckle
D

Deleted member 308541

My doctor took me off my preventer as he thought I had too much steroids in my system already I really miss it.

I hope you get it back John

Asthma nurse said so low amount of steriod aimed at lungs so has little effect on bgs. Is that true?

Of the three different inhalers I use for emphysema, Symbicort 400 has Budesonide in it. I use the all three inhalers after breakfast, but I have not noticed a increase in bgls

The other two inhalers Airomir and Spiriva Respimat I use, do not have steroids in them as far as quick Google search shows.

Reactions: P1ckle and bigjim19

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hope you get it back John

Of the three different inhalers I use for emphysema, Symbicort 400 has Budesonide in it. I use the all three inhalers after breakfast, but I have not noticed a increase in bgls

The other two inhalers Airomir and Spiriva Respimat I use, do not have steroids in them as far as quick Google search shows.
I've only noticed higher bgs from pain but suppressing with tramadol and insulin. Had to increase toujeo300 insulin to help. I thank god I'm on it otherwise my toes would be totally numb.

Reactions: P1ckle

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It does help. Without inhalers this week I would have been seeing gp about my euthanasia options. I couldnt continue living like that. The fear is the worst part of it! Much happier now thou :) :) :)