Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning
Very little sleep last night as we got a msg just after midnight to say a very good friend had been rushed into hospital with severe stomach pains. After a CT scan she was taken into surgery for an emergency operation. Either a bowel blockage or a hole, they were not too sure until the operation. Very worried.

Add on at 16.50hrs
Friend has a twisted stomach. Op went well and recovering. Gave us all a good fright.
Golly that sounds awful. Glad to hear friend mending.

Reactions: P1ckle

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All

7.9 for me today, definitely going the wrong way. Bit of a lie in this morning as todays appointment is not until this afternoon - first with a dietician, then a quick blast on the radiotherapy machine just in time to catch the Leeds rush hour on the way home.

I'm hoping the dietician will be happy enough with my weight progress that I can return to being more strict about my FBG, but we'll see.
Thinking of you honey. Keep safe:)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where's mine?
I've missed my chance now on tier3. No more big meals, for ever. :) :) :) i'll have to have cordon bleu from now on :) without sweet. :) :) :) Great excuse for better restaurants? I've always had expensive taste. I wonder how much they affect my bgs? I must find out. Do you want to tag along once i'm working again?
I love posh dinning! Used to work for turner's fine foods. Great posh produce for little portions.
I do miss the good hotel lifestyle. I must become a diabetic/low carb food critic. What a job? Ha ha
Poor chef would have to put the syrup and caster sugar away!
But could add butter to everything!:hilarious::hilarious:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Golly that sounds awful. Glad to hear friend mending.

Twisted stomach???? Twisted BOWEL! Very painful and will have to have further surgery in a few months time. But luckily she collapsed in the house and not earlier when walking alone in the woods.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Didn't have time to post this morning, but a BAD 8.0
Think it must have been the night of aching back, hands, knees and fingers as I've been applying a layer of protective coating gloss finish to our Beep Beep awful flooring. I've spent over 30 hrs since Sunday doing a bit a day and yesterday I finished it :) It's been hours of scrubbing the dirt off the floor then applying the gloss finish.
But later at 2.30pm my BS was 4.8 so I'd like to claim that as my waking reading and ignore the baddie this morning :p