Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still ill but beautiful fbgs. This morning at 5.4 :) :) :)
Will go back to gp next week if no improvement. I think asthma not controlled properly but new to asthma so haven't a clue really. Gulp!
Ask me about diabetes and I know a few things but asthma? Haven't a clue.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Judt been put on metformin today

Good you should notice the difference in a week or so but also adjust your diet to help lower the carbs you don't have to stop the foods you like just take smaller portions and fill the plate up with salad or no carbs like egg ,mushrooms

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
8.1 despite my very low carbing during this infection. I hope it goes down soon, I finish the antibiotics tomorrow.
Give it a few more days? We carnt rush getting well. We have to ride it but be sometimes extra strict. I know much easier if on insulin injections like me as insulin takes over. Give your body a chance to heal if no better in 2-3 more days ask to see dn hun.

Reactions: P1ckle

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
7.6 this morning
Very little sleep last night as we got a msg just after midnight to say a very good friend had been rushed into hospital with severe stomach pains. After a CT scan she was taken into surgery for an emergency operation. Either a bowel blockage or a hole, they were not too sure until the operation. Very worried.

Add on at 16.50hrs
Friend has a twisted stomach. Op went well and recovering. Gave us all a good fright.

Last edited:

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

7.9 for me today, definitely going the wrong way. Bit of a lie in this morning as todays appointment is not until this afternoon - first with a dietician, then a quick blast on the radiotherapy machine just in time to catch the Leeds rush hour on the way home.

I'm hoping the dietician will be happy enough with my weight progress that I can return to being more strict about my FBG, but we'll see.