ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
must sleep, but still steaming after reading a health summary that included the patronizingly pejorative words WELL NOURISHED. My BMI is under 21 and so I wonder whether the dude expects women to be anorexic or what? He also used the sobriquet TIGHT CONTROL to refer to my need to change my normal cholesterol.
My consultant is brilliant. He treats everyone as individuals.
Mind u cardiologist was anti-weight. Thankful I don't need to see him again! :)
Some medics don't realise how much we rely on them and how damaging their references from books can be. :(

We know how well you do @Contralto . Keep going, your doing your best and that speaks volumes.
Never mind a blind medic.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. Friday again! I'm happy to report……
I'VE REACHED DOUBLE FIGURES!!!
98.6kg today, down from 100 last week :):D:happy::playful:

Last edited:

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read all your posts. I always have the same questions concerning them and that is how tall are you, how heavy is your frame and what's your age. Only with this data can you really tell if your weight is appropriate or whether you are cruising for osteoporosis. If you are over 40, say, and your BMI is under19, I would definitely go for a DEXA.

Hello, I am 5ft 7in/170.2cm I am 55.3kg/8st 10lbs bmi is 19 and I am 38. What is a DEXA?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, I am 5ft 7in/170.2cm I am 55.3kg/8st 10lbs bmi is 19 and I am 38. What is a DEXA?

Rainbow, the following link gives information on DEXA scans: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/DEXA-scan/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Where do you live in UK (roughly, say county), and do you take any medication? The reason I ask is I know of a study actively recruiting, which involves a DEXA scan at the outset, then another 6 months later. The qualifying criteria include certain medications. I'm just looking back for the criteria.

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rainbow, the following link gives information on DEXA scans: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/DEXA-scan/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Where do you live in UK (roughly, say county), and do you take any medication? The reason I ask is I know of a study actively recruiting, which involves a DEXA scan at the outset, then another 6 months later. The qualifying criteria include certain medications. I'm just looking back for the criteria.

I am in Berkshire and taking no medication, thanks for the link about DEXA

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in Berkshire and taking no medication, thanks for the link about DEXA

Ah. A bit of a step out too far for regular study meetings, and actually just realised, I'd have to tell myself off for potentially soliciting a member!

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah. A bit of a step out too far for regular study meetings, and actually just realised, I'd have to tell myself off for potentially soliciting a member!

It's ok :) the study sounds really interesting, shame I am too far out

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's ok :) the study sounds really interesting, shame I am too far out

There is a lot of research under way onto T2, in various places. There's some fab stuff on Pre-diabetes and also the psychological aspects impacting on self-management.

There are a few NIHR business units throughout the country, who are always reaching out for both trial/research participants, but also for focus groups to give feedback on ideas the researchers have for their research, prior to going for funding, so they are taking feedback from real people, which is comforting to know.

Anyway, we're taking the thread off topic, so I'll bow out.

DavyPaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negative moaning people.
hi guys. just saw this thread.

I had my type II diagnosis sep/oct last year (2016) but I'd already been starting to increase my activity and cut back on the carbs.
currently hovering around the 72kg mark, but my body shape is much 'healthier'. see my fitbit Aria scales history. Actually, the fitbit has been quite useful in marking the increased walking I've been doing, too. my latest one (fitbit charge HR 2) can track exercise type as well.

in work we have a fat fighters club - Jan to Jun and we have a fri morning weight/fat-ration weigh in - all pay £1 and if you go up, pay an extra pound. money to our charity and some prize money (which we normally give back!)

my single cut-the-carbs tip? if you are going to have potatoes, pasta or rice with something, then have chilli and greens (kale/brocolli/cabbage etc) or curry and greens etc. instead! OR spiralise a courgette/zucchini instead of pasta.

Attachments

• dpm-1yr-loss.JPG
    dpm-1yr-loss.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 175

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Lost my pound again back to 6 stone 13 Perhaps I haven't been in contact with enough dust !!
CAROL
I did have some spare but not now. Even changed my pillows to anti-allergy ones.
Surely everyone asthmatic whose allergic to dust would be overweight? I know I few very slim asthmatics who get irritated by dust. One has the house from hell and is a nurse.
It takes all kinds to make a world. The more variant the better for me.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I didn't post yesterday as I was disappointed that I seem to have put on about 3 lbs since the previous Friday.
But I suppose I should be honest, and my weight yesterday was 151.8 lbs. :bag:

Last edited: