What did you have for dinner tonight ?

S

Sean01

On holiday and training hard twice a day. Today was leg day, so I was famished. Huge cheese burger with loads of fresh tomatoes and sweet potato fries and some salad followed by a very nice whisky. Test before dinner 5.6. Test 90 mins after dinner 5.9. Today, I think I won but I won't make a habit of this.

T2 oct 15. Diet, met and lots of exercise.

Reactions: heh and Kristin251

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
On holiday and training hard twice a day. Today was leg day, so I was famished. Huge cheese burger with loads of fresh tomatoes and sweet potato fries and some salad followed by a very nice whisky. Test before dinner 5.6. Test 90 mins after dinner 5.9. Today, I think I won but I won't make a habit of this.

T2 oct 15. Diet, met and lots of exercise.
Don't you love whiskey messing with your liver and keeping bs good?

Now I want a big a** burger!!! Lamb chops might have to do. Oh darn

Reactions: Looseboy

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kristin251, what do you want the creamy sauce to go with? Coconut milk/cream would work for some things.....but certainly not everything!!!!

Reactions: Kristin251

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kristin251, what do you want the creamy sauce to go with? Coconut milk/cream would work for some things.....but certainly not everything!!!!
Coconut is the only food I'm actually allergic to. Hives, severe nausea and cramps.

Really...not sure. Some chicken or turkey? Hate to ruin the taste of red meats with sauces. Maybe salmon or cod.
I just LOVE creamy foods. I get it with avocado and mayo but a nice hot sauce in cool weather would be great !!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch time I had a big fry and grill up so for dinner tonight it was just :

a small tin of salmon, 7 cherry toms, some hard cheese (Red Leicester), big dollop of mayo, all sprinkled with flaxseed, salt and pepper, with half a Lidle roll toasted and smothered in butter. Followed by strawberries and cream. A glass of red wine.

Reactions: heh

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @bulkbiker your stroganoff sounds delicious, can you post the recipe, I think my better half and son would also like this. Thank you x
We buy sliced pork belly then cook it for about an hour in the oven at 180. Or buy a slab and slice it yourself (we're just lazy!)
About 20 mins before that has finished cooking chop an onion finely and fry in butter/ghee/goose fat. Add finely chopped garlic (2 or 3 cloves) and mushrooms also finely chopped as many as you like. We usually add a chilli but only if you like it hot.
Once all softened take out the pork belly and cut into thin 1/2 centimetre strips and add into the onion garlic mix with about 4-5 tablespoons of full fat creme fraiche (more if you like it wet).
Cabbage is chopped about 1/2cm wide strips and fried in butter for about 10 minutes until opaque.
Serve strog on top of cabbage and enjoy.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Smoked bacon, poached egg and a few baked beans. Cup of black tea.

Reactions: heh and Kristin251

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Salmon with mayo on a bed of lettuce. Wedge of avocado and a few nuts. Later still hungry so half of a grass fed hot dog with mustard and mayo.
Bs running low all day so snack snack snack. Darn it !! Just kidding. Sort of.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We buy sliced pork belly then cook it for about an hour in the oven at 180. Or buy a slab and slice it yourself (we're just lazy!)
About 20 mins before that has finished cooking chop an onion finely and fry in butter/ghee/goose fat. Add finely chopped garlic (2 or 3 cloves) and mushrooms also finely chopped as many as you like. We usually add a chilli but only if you like it hot.
Once all softened take out the pork belly and cut into thin 1/2 centimetre strips and add into the onion garlic mix with about 4-5 tablespoons of full fat creme fraiche (more if you like it wet).
Cabbage is chopped about 1/2cm wide strips and fried in butter for about 10 minutes until opaque.
Serve strog on top of cabbage and enjoy.
Thanks @bulkbiker will give that a go this week. Hubble is an ex butcher so will buy a whole belly of pork and he will take the ribs off it ( great for the bbq) and cut into slices and joints for the freezer. I usually do chopped and fried belly pork with kale fried in butter with eggs a take on a dd recipe. X

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight it is going to be:
one small thin slice of crunchy (like toast) garlic bread with some mayo or half a toasted Lidl roll with butter.
a fillet steak (any fat always cut off) with a grilled tomato, loads of mushrooms and 10 homemade chips. May have the steak on a Romaine leaf if my tortoise leaves me some.
2 or 3 glasses of red wine.

I absolutely cannot eat fat from meat, any meat, except bacon. It has always made me gag.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It will be cold lamb chop ( fat cut off as well) large wedge of avocado either on a lettuce wrap or small salad. Maybe a few asparagus spears. Meals always followed by a few nuts.

I love warm OR cold steak or lamb on a lettuce wrap with mayo. Crumbled rare lean burger too with shared mushrooms.

And yup yup...2-3 glasses of wine.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ate out tonight, I had steak (and chips) but asked for salad instead of chips! Served with a large mushroom, half a tomato and 3 onion rings. Followed by one square of 85% chocolate when we got home. Blood sugar actually went down by 0.1mmols/l 2 hours after first bite :)

S

Sean01

Don't you love whiskey messing with your liver and keeping bs good?

Now I want a big a** burger!!! Lamb chops might have to do. Oh darn
No worries on the whisky. At my weight and with the amount of exercise I do, it barely touches the sides. It is an occasional treat. I don't drink any other alcohol.

Reactions: hca

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Last night had two slices roast beef, two potatoes, two mini Yorkshire puddings, mashed carrot and swede and Brussels sprouts.

BS at 1 hour 8.6 at 2 hours 6.7 fbg this morning 5.6.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Last night had a lovely chicken salad, tonight is pork chop with red pesto and dd cauliflower cheese. X

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Smoked trout and boiled egg with mayo on a bed of romaine drizzled with basil olive oil. Big wedge of avocado.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night I had roast lamb, 1 roast potato, cauliflower, broccoli and peas with a slurp of gravy. No pudding. I was too full.

Tonight's meal not yet Christened.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tonight I'm having Lorraine Pascals Thai Sweet Chilli Curry with cauliflower rice, totalling less than 20g carbs, leaving carb capacity for strawberries and cream and one or two squares of 85% chocolate if I have room!

Reactions: heh and Looseboy