Idiotic person judging me!!!

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Crazy, it reminds me when my wife used to breast feed the babies in public. Being the Dad, it was uncomfortable as I would tend to get somewhat "ready for battle" every time some one gave my wife a hard time. Funny thing is my wife was much more dangerous than I ... LOL. I've given my shot in public before (restaurants) it's pretty easy to be discreet. No one has said anything to me or called the cops on me yet - but of course there is always the first time :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apologies to all offended by my original post on this topic.
:(:(:(.

No problems Rower.

I feel we all got to appreciate regarding @Chloesnavy 's "FB chap" that he doesn't even know how his own body works, let alone Diabetes.
He's doing "insulin" all the time in public... Just don't know what's ticking under the bonnet... ;)
Drawing a car analogy. (again!) The only difference is us IDs do "running repairs" on the "journey". Where as this guy highlighted has not got his hands dirty. Yet!?!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we all understand the sentiments behind the comments regarding the person making the comments to Chloe in that FB message. We do have to remember that the forum has a wide audience, though.
It is possible to convey our distaste at the thoughtless comments made to Chloe in that FB message, and our support for her, without identifying the person, and without resorting to vulgar name calling.

scorpius14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my insulin allows me to inject before i go out for dinner or somewhere i think ill be longer than 3 hours so i don't have to deal with these situations. nonetheless i prefer a private space to inject because i treat it like going to the toilet, i don't want people watching me going to the toilet so the same goes for injecting

FuryG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol there is some people who smoke in public and affect other people , anyways no 1 gives a sh*t or 2 about them lol

Reactions: Freema

cassie091

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is difference between injecting publicly and injecting discreetly in public. I have had type 1 diabetes for nearly 60 years and have been obliged to inject in public places but I always try to do it discreetly and have never had anyone object probably because they don't even realise what I am doing. My advice is don't flount it. Consider the sensibilities of others and be discreet about it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
There is difference between injecting publicly and injecting discreetly in public. I have had type 1 diabetes for nearly 60 years and have been obliged to inject in public places but I always try to do it discreetly and have never had anyone object probably because they don't even realise what I am doing. My advice is don't flount it. Consider the sensibilities of others and be discreet about it.

Maybe the Op was discreet, or maybe not, she may of had a sleeveless top on or dress and people saw her inject, but at the end of the day it is something we have to do and no one should hide or be uncomfortable or embarrassed in doing it, The needles are very small and usually injected with what looks like a pen,so no big hypodermics.
I do use my arms and other area's of my body.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone!!! I'm gonna inject in public even more now don't worry love ya guys xxx

Next time someone makes a comment about you injecting yourself, ask them if they would like to try some. Even offer to inject them as well. Personally, I usually go into a toilet cubical for privacy.

Reactions: Chloesnavy

ailsa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I went to a toilet in the restaurant of a hotel. The cubicles were full and it was quite busy. I went into a corner and injected into my leg very discreetly I thought. A woman came in and said omg what are you doing. I snapped back at her and said I was a diabetic and if I didn't inject I would die. At least she got a bit of a red face.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just don't understand people who don't like us injecting in public.

Our pens and needles are so small and discreet; it's not like they are witnessing anything disgusting or "scary". I remember reading about a woman who shouted at a man who was injecting in a shop and said that he was "scaring her son and making him cry". Absolutely awful; I would have been mortified.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's because you are 'different' . People don't understand so they totally over react. They don't realise that every one of us is 'different' in some way. My Mum would say that 'people like that are to be pitied' because they are so ignorant they don't know any better.

sassycat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The trouble is, everyone's heard of Type 2 diabetes, but most people are just too flamin' dim to consider this might mean that there's also a Type 1 and what this might entail. I vaguely remember something like this happening as a very young child (I was diagnosed at 3 years old) when mum just laid into them, thankfully I've not had to deal with this since. I really feel we need more education about Type 1, very few people know much about it at all. And now I'm (ahem!) middle aged I apparently have to be suffering from Type 2 - aaaaaaagh!!