ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Reflection is always good. Inner peace cannot be prescribed and delivered.

Recently read how much stress affects the heart.
Alot!

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I hoe on my allotment. Having osteoarthritis I cannot dig but I have mattocked instead. Just this week I found the magic key that unlocks the fortified gateway to enough material to go no dig. Yay. There is nothing better than having lunch gathered from the crops with a cuppa and admiring the results of my work. I knit and do crosswords. I try to do mindfulness but the family keep joining in and I collapse with laughter which can be very painful.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I take my camera for a walk in one or other of the local parks find a nice quiet spot either by one of the lakes or one of the high spots with a good view and just enjoy the view and the solitude.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love being out in the countryside with my border collie. I alway take my camera and binoculars. Have learnt so much about wildlife and always new things to see. Spotted an otter for the first time last month.

We have a campavan and I am really lucky to be able to camp in some special places with friends at least 6 times over the summer.

We used to go to a lot of small music festivals in the summer and concerts in the winter but they have become quite budget breaking at the moment. I still listen to a lot of concerts on the radio/internet etc. I love music and play the drums which is like meditation for me.

Just_Me_Rachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Fish
I spend hours sitting on the couch, mug of coffee in hand, listening to music / watching movies / on social media :)
I write too, pages of poetry and journal and blog posts. Random letters or emails. Anything, as long as it is made of words!

Without a blink - showering. It works its magic every time.

And, my all time favourite: the beach. I love nothing more to sit at the beach watching the waves bob up and down, watching the sun reflect into the water, seeing the blues and greens and white all join together to join a mass colour of beauty.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My life is relatively stress free so I am often relaxed. I walk in the woods, cook, go on the internet, watch films and nap. I am happy with this. Other people may cause stress since I don't see some of them until they have a problem but I can often fix it so no great stress.

S

Sable_Jan

At the moment sat in a pen with one of the dogs whilst he chews on his ball....relaxing cos other nights until now it's been play ball with me, play ball with me..... he's on his holidays with me whilst his foster Dad is up Scotland with his own 4 boys

Just happy being me