Lactulose and Blood Sugar Levels - Don't Read if You're Eating!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In fact the people who are having trouble low carbing and eating fat I would almost presume they are type A. A's are geared more toward a vegetarian lifestyle.

Hahahaha I have just disproved this theory. I am Type A. Never had bother low carbing or eating fat, and as I said, I could never be a vegetarian! I haven't heard of this blood diet. I must look it up.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a look.

Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

This is just the opposite of me. I also don't have a sensitive immune system. :)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a look.

Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

This is just the opposite of me. I also don't have a sensitive immune system. :)
Haha. Which is why I don't follow it anymore. Avocados are avoids according to him. It's rocket fuel for me. I just gravitate toward O foods. No worries there. I'm sure the biggest thing I did was cut out all grains and dairy but Im sure most people would fare better doing that especially if they have digestive issues. I now have some cheese every night with my wine and no troubles. It's the liquidy dairy like cream, milk, sour cream etc that I have trouble with. As well as very aged cheese like Parmesan, pecorino, Romano. Just happy to have some cheese again!! And it helps smooth the carbs in wine haha. So it's required. My new fav is melted havarti with basil oil and fresh basil. Or something like Colby jack with my concocted spicy seasoning.
My mom does act like an A. Burger with a bun and she's face down asleep on her plate. She doesn't like fat much and loves carbs. Go figure. Chocoholic to say the least. She s very healthy. Very. Just turned 87 and you'd think she was 67. My dad's another story.
My daughters stomach is worse than mine. Not celiac but buckles over in severe pain at the tiniest crumb. She went paleo and is much better but eats containers upon containers of fruit. I know that bothers her but I guess we're all only willing to give up so much and draw the line somewhere.

And there seems to be two types of type A. One does better more carnivorous and one vegetarian. Too many discrepancies in his work. Which is another reason why I stopped.

At the end of the day, our bodies know best !!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It may be as simple as needing a little more normal salt. try having a stock cube in a cup of warm water 2 times a day and see if you get an improvment after a week.
Salt? Really?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They digest OK. It is mostly because neither of us enjoys them a lot. We do have them with our Sunday roasts, but the rest of the week it is mostly limited to peas and mushrooms. Salad leaves very occasionally. Mushrooms at some point every day. I eat a lot of tomatoes, and have them daily, and yes, I know they are fruits, but counted as veg in this house! I also still eat a few potatoes as my meter says I can. Personal choice and it has never done me any harm. One thing I could never be, and that is vegetarian!
Just wondered how you keep to your low carb when you eat so few vegetables and don't you get bored with just eating just peas and mushrooms I thought the green stuff was important in low carb.. I have always eaten lots of veg I love them all including cabbage of any kind and all salad stuff, I am not much of a red meat lover so eat mostly chicken and I would not know what else to have with it if I didn't like vegetables

Reactions: donnellysdogs

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the great thing about low carb, you eat the low carb foods you like and avoid those you don't. :) Plenty for everyone to choose from. :)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondered how you keep to your low carb when you eat so few vegetables and don't you get bored with just eating just peas and mushrooms I thought the green stuff was important in low carb.. I have always eaten lots of veg I love them all including cabbage of any kind and all salad stuff, I am not much of a red meat lover so eat mostly chicken and I would not know what else to have with it if I didn't like vegetables
Avocado of course!! And it's GREEN. Just kidding. Sort of. If I didn't like avocado I think I'd be stumped too. Never bored of it though. I do like lettuce wraps with proteins and different herbs and spices.
I guess I'm just on autopilot now. No anxiety over counting carbs etc but I'm a.so type 1 and hard to get insulin and food to marriage. I just eat and move on not putting in lots of effort. I love my protein and avocado. As well as all veggies but I think I enjoy my flatter tummy more.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I have been doing this a long time and am not bored yet! I eat food I like. There is no requirement to eat vegetables, just like there is no requirement to eat meat. I don't understand what you mean when you say you wonder how I manage to low carb when I eat so few veggies?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been doing this a long time and am not bored yet! I eat food I like. There is no requirement to eat vegetables, just like there is no requirement to eat meat. I don't understand what you mean when you say you wonder how I manage to low carb when I eat so few veggies?
I agree. The reason I did a very short lived experiment into higher carb was so that I could eat alot more veggies. It didn't work out for me though so I am back to restricting them to less than 50g carb value.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand what you mean when you say you wonder how I manage to low carb when I eat so few veggies?

I would find it difficult to stick to low carb all the time if I only ever ate the same two vegetables with my meals and I would probably hate them eventually. I would find that so boring it would make me more inclined to relapse