Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
What a day I've had . Will fill you all in when I get Ron home from hospital. Another A&E visit . This time we were in pain clinic when heart problems started.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Your dinner sounds lovely @JohnnyBaker12021970 , I cooked a roast yesterday as well. It's my son's birthday tomorrow so my mum and 2 brothers visited us. I cooked a roast chicken with cauliflower peas and carrots for me and mum and Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes for the boys. Mum is also diabetic so she's trying to reduce her carbohydrate intake. I hope your friends appreciated your lovely cooking!
Thank you very much indeed, my lovely friend on the Diabetes Forum, @Diamum5972, and a very good morning to you. Yes, it was delicious, superbly wonderful. I think that's the essence of having Asperger Syndrome, meticulousness, perfectionism and eye for detail. I was very methodical in my approach to the meal preparation, measuring the right proportion of vegetables, potatoes (I cheated, I used the Sainsbury's £1.10 pre-cooked frozen roast potatoes!), and cooking the Beef on a moderate heat (160 Degrees Celsius), checking it every half an hour and basting it an tilting the pan so that all the fat would be extracted. I also roasted it in this moderately heated oven in aluminium foil so that the steam and fat would permeate the meat, hence tenderising it and giving it flavour. Plus the seasoning; just half a teaspoon of fresh sea salt distributed in a shaking motion all over the surface of the meat and a good distribution of ground black pepper from my pepper mill, not to mention an even, but not over-abundant, distribution of dried thyme.

And last night I roasted a medium-sized pork joint, scoring the skin, and painting with a pastry brush onto the skin a little sunflower oil (but not too much as to make it too greasy) and a pinch of salt and finely ground black pepper to make the crackling. I cooked it also on a moderate heat (160 degrees Celsius), checking at 30-minute intervals. I roasted some frozen roast potatoes, in a moderately sized roasting tin, taking my dear friend Ioanna's tip, of seasoning the potatoes with half a teaspoon of sea salt distributed evenly over each potato and finely ground black pepper and a sprinkling of dried thyme plus three-quarters of a mug of cold water, which gives the potatoes a lovely, smooth, slightly, but not overwhelmingly, moist consistency and texture and once the water has evaporated in the hot oven enables the potatoes to turn a beautiful, golden, crispy colour and texture, plus they don't stick to the roasting pan so much and that saves arduous and toilsome scrubbing whenst washing up the pan. As well as roasting the pork with crackling and roasting potatoes I lightly steamed some asparagus, courgettes and broccoli florets. I put a dinner up for Ioanna and her friend who is caring for her throughout her foot injury since it's been in a cast.

Much love to you, dear @Diamum5972, and your lovely son Michael and to all my awesome friends from the Diabetes Forum at http://www.diabetes.co.uk.

John David Baker (JohnnyBaker12021970), a sufferer of full moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome, suspected Adult ADHD (late diagnoses) and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. xXx.

Reactions: bluelybell
D

debrasue

Thank you very much indeed, my lovely friend on the Diabetes Forum, @Diamum5972, and a very good morning to you. Yes, it was delicious, superbly wonderful. I think that's the essence of having Asperger Syndrome, meticulousness, perfectionism and eye for detail. I was very methodical in my approach to the meal preparation, measuring the right proportion of vegetables, potatoes (I cheated, I used the Sainsbury's £1.10 pre-cooked frozen roast potatoes!), and cooking the Beef on a moderate heat (160 Degrees Celsius), checking it every half an hour and basting it an tilting the pan so that all the fat would be extracted. I also roasted it in this moderately heated oven in aluminium foil so that the steam and fat would permeate the meat, hence tenderising it and giving it flavour. Plus the seasoning; just half a teaspoon of fresh sea salt distributed in a shaking motion all over the surface of the meat and a good distribution of ground black pepper from my pepper mill, not to mention an even, but not over-abundant, distribution of dried thyme.

And last night I roasted a medium-sized pork joint, scoring the skin, and painting with a pastry brush onto the skin a little sunflower oil (but not too much as to make it too greasy) and a pinch of salt and finely ground black pepper to make the crackling. I cooked it also on a moderate heat (160 degrees Celsius), checking at 30-minute intervals. I roasted some frozen roast potatoes, in a moderately sized roasting tin, taking my dear friend Ioanna's tip, of seasoning the potatoes with half a teaspoon of sea salt distributed evenly over each potato and finely ground black pepper and a sprinkling of dried thyme plus three-quarters of a mug of cold water, which gives the potatoes a lovely, smooth, slightly, but not overwhelmingly, moist consistency and texture and once the water has evaporated in the hot oven enables the potatoes to turn a beautiful, golden, crispy colour and texture, plus they don't stick to the roasting pan so much and that saves arduous and toilsome scrubbing whenst washing up the pan. As well as roasting the pork with crackling and roasting potatoes I lightly steamed some asparagus, courgettes and broccoli florets. I put a dinner up for Ioanna and her friend who is caring for her throughout her foot injury since it's been in a cast.

Much love to you, dear @Diamum5972, and your lovely son Michael and to all my awesome friends from the Diabetes Forum at http://www.diabetes.co.uk.

John David Baker (JohnnyBaker12021970), a sufferer of full moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome, suspected Adult ADHD (late diagnoses) and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. xXx.
Mmmm, you have my mouth watering, Johnny - I am going to have to try your tip with the roast potatoes...
You are a very good, kind friend to Ioanna and I hope her foot heals quickly.
Hugs

Reactions: JohnnyBaker87

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning guys.
I'm shattered today.
Waking 4yr old up at 8am for toast or boiled egg and to brush his teeth for his 2nd day at school. Only 2hrs per day this week.
10yr old not home and the house is loud-chatter free.
Raining heavy here. Raincoats are out and ready for the walk to school. Yuck!
I cannot wait til next week when 4yr old eats with other school children for school meals. I hope he tells me what he ate. Unlike yrs ago other boy's response was "i cannot remember"
Have great day! Whatever everyone's plans.
Buzzzzz. Eggs are done. ;)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Of bless him, and you.
Are you both still in hospital? Has he had another heart attack?
Morning Vicky. Well Ron had pain clinic and like I told you I was going to take him to A&E to get him checked out like gp had told Ron to do a couple of weeks ago. Only on the way to hospital Ron started getting chest pain and then a couple more when we were at the clinic . So when we left I said to Ron . He has two choices either we go home or get him checked. He wasn't bothered so of to A&E we went . Getting him booked in he had another really big chest pain. Ron was called straight in. They kept him there for the rest of the day . Did tests and then on to ward . I went home but came back later as he was being let home . Got to go back this morning to collect new meds and discharge letter. He will be getting an appointment through to see cargiologist in outpatient more regularly he's been told . Last time Ron saw him was back in may

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My Fasting Blood Glucose Reading, today, Tuesday 5th September 2017 Anno Domini at 9:42 Ante Meridian British Summer Time after my morning administration of my Lixisenatide Glucagon-Like Peptide subcutaneous Incretin Mimetic Injection of 20 micro grammes and my 1000 milligrammes of Metformin Hydrochloride and other vital medications imperative for my health conditions was 5.2 Millimoles Per Litre. I haven't had any instant coffee yet, but I have drunk 3 glasses of tap water.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning Vicky. Well Ron had pain clinic and like I told you I was going to take him to A&E to get him checked out like gp had told Ron to do a couple of weeks ago. Only on the way to hospital Ron started getting chest pain and then a couple more when we were at the clinic . So when we left I said to Ron . He has two choices either we go home or get him checked. He wasn't bothered so of to A&E we went . Getting him booked in he had another really big chest pain. Ron was called straight in. They kept him there for the rest of the day . Did tests and then on to ward . I went home but came back later as he was being let home . Got to go back this morning to collect new meds and discharge letter. He will be getting an appointment through to see cargiologist in outpatient more regularly he's been told . Last time Ron saw him was back in may

No mention of a heart attack being confirmed?
Sounds like his angina must be getting worse so he needs more observation.
I'm relieved no heart attacks. But it could have been fatal for him. I'm just soooo relieved for you both.
I think meds can be changed as Angina gets worse. I wonder what cardiologist will advise to reduce risks of angina attacks?
I wish I knew more about angina. My grandmother had it due to old age. I wonder why Ron has it?

Last edited:
Reactions: tina_marie

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job

I shall have to try your tip with roast potatoes Johnny, they sound delicious! I wanted to say Michael is my brother, but don't worry about getting them mixed up it's an easy mistake to make.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My Fasting Blood Glucose Reading, today, Tuesday 5th September 2017 Anno Domini at 9:42 Ante Meridian British Summer Time after my morning administration of my Lixisenatide Glucagon-Like Peptide subcutaneous Incretin Mimetic Injection of 20 micro grammes and my 1000 milligrammes of Metformin Hydrochloride and other vital medications imperative for my health conditions was 5.2 Millimoles Per Litre. I haven't had any instant coffee yet, but I have drunk 3 glasses of tap water.
5.2 is perfect. :)

D

debrasue

I'm so sorry to hear that Ron is still suffering, @tina_marie, although I'm pretty sure that the hospital would have picked up on it if it was angina and would have treated him accordingly.

I think you can both take comfort from the fact that the experts have sent Ron home. Another poster on the forum has spent all this week visiting her brother-in-law in hospital following a suspected heart attack. Apparently he felt OK afterwards and it couldn't be definitively identified that he had suffered a heart attack, but the hospital still insisted on keeping him in for 10 days for observation.

Poor Ron's complicated and wide-ranging set of symptoms must be causing you both great frustration and concern, but I'm sure the experts will get to the bottom of it all eventually and resolve the situation for you. Take courage, in the meantime, from the fact that you have each other and all your friends here on the forum to keep your spirits up. Positivity and hope for the future are wonderful companions!

Sending big hugs...

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
No mention of a heart attack being confirmed?
Sounds like his angina must be getting worse so he needs more observation.
I'm relieved no heart attacks. But it could have been fatal for him. I'm just soooo relieved for you both.
I think meds can be changed as Angina gets worse. I wonder what cardiologist will advise to reduce risks of angina attacks?
I wish I knew more about angina. My grandmother had it due to old age. I wonder why Ron has it?
They have increased his Isosorbide mononitrate to 60mg and have also put him on bisoprolol 2.5 mg . They have prescribed him a statin but he won't take it lol.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
They have increased his Isosibide mononitrate to 60mg and have also put him on bisoprolol 2.5 mg . They have prescribed him a statin but he won't take it lol.

Keep an eye on him for low blood pressure hun. His breathing may get worse as Bisoprolol causes mine. Tiredness too. It can be worse on first using until body get used to these meds. Isosorbide mononitrate is angina preventer but not reliever.
Have you been asked to make a note of any first chest pains? Or call 999 if chest pains again?

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Keep an eye on him for low blood pressure hun. His breathing may get worse as Bisoprolol causes mine. Tiredness too. It can be worse on first using until body get used to these meds. Isosorbide mononitrate is angina preventer but not reliever.
Have you been asked to make a note of any first chest pains? Or call 999 if chest pains again?
No just to contact gp if he gets a headache

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
No just to contact gp if he gets a headache

I'm so sorry to hear about my lovely friend, @eldergarth, @tina_marie, my lovely friend. I agree with @debrasue, it does sound hopeful that the health care professionals involved in his care sent him home, but @ickihun's advice also sounds awesome when she advised to keep an eye on him and look out for any signs of respiratory abnormalities and tiredness, as side effects of the medication he is taking. I prayed for @eldergarth and I believe that Jesus has his healing hands on him. But to keep an eye on him, make a note of any early chest pains and dial 999 are all good strategies as @eldergarth (my dear friend, Ron) is diabetic and it's good to be conscious of an action plan to fall back on and comply with to prevent any further health complications of this disease. God bless you, @tina_marie and give @eldergarth a big hug from me.

Lots of love and thinking of you both and praying for you both, too, from @JohnnyBaker12021970 (John David Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and suspected Adult ADHD and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus) xXx.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I'm so sorry to hear about my lovely friend, @eldergarth, @tina_marie, my lovely friend. I agree with @debrasue, it does sound hopeful that the health care professionals involved in his care sent him home, but @ickihun's advice also sounds awesome when she advised to keep an eye on him and look out for any signs of respiratory abnormalities and tiredness, as side effects of the medication he is taking. I prayed for @eldergarth and I believe that Jesus has his healing hands on him. But to keep an eye on him, make a note of any early chest pains and dial 999 are all good strategies as @eldergarth (my dear friend, Ron) is diabetic and it's good to be conscious of an action plan to fall back on and comply with to prevent any further health complications of this disease. God bless you, @tina_marie and give @eldergarth a big hug from me.

Lots of love and thinking of you both and praying for you both, too, from @JohnnyBaker12021970 (John David Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and suspected Adult ADHD and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus) xXx.
Thank you so much. This morning he's seeing his cardiologist , but getting up was a problem as he couldn't move his left arm . So therefore he couldn't use his normal aids so I've had to help .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose reading after visiting my good friend, best friend, Lee, in his safe-house in a secret location, and going with him to a little cafeteria in the locality in which he's now living, and he treated me to a delicious Full English Breakfast of a portion of Baked Beans, a portion of Mushrooms, 2 rashers of Back Bacon, 2 slices of Black Pudding, 1 Fried Egg with the yolk all lovely and runny just as I like it, 1 Jumbo Sausage, Fried Bread and Bubble and Squeak and a glass of Diet Coke. He also treated me to 30 grams of Holborn Yellow hand-rolling tobacco. And my blood glucose after all that delicious food was a little hyperglycemic at 8.4 Millimoles Per Litre which is the price I had to pay for neglecting the LCHF Diet momentarily, even though there were minimal carbs in that breakfast, apart from the fried bread and bubble and squeak and the cereal in the jumbo sausage. I'm also going swimming with my elderly Christian friend this afternoon at a local leisure centre. The concessionary off peak adult swim, with my disability travel pass and Matthew's senior citizen travel pass, will only cost £2.05 for each of me and Matthew.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I had a really good visit to Clapham Manor Leisure Centre to go swimming. It wasn't a £2.05 off peak concessionary charge. I got in free with my concessionary travel pass (Freedom Pass) for my autism spectrum disability and Matthew who took me got in free because (a) he's a pensioner and (b) he came as my informal Carer.

I swam 5 lengths, some of the Breast Stroke and some of the Back Crawl.

And last night, around Ioanna's, I enjoyed 2 slices of toast with margarine on.

Reactions: ickihun

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Will you go swimming more often Johnny, now that you know you are entitled to free entry to the pool? Exercise is very helpful in lots of ways, it really helps to keep you generally fit, helps keep your blood glucose values low and swimming is a pleasurable activity, don't you agree?
@JohnnyBaker12021970