Double cream in coffee?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I prefer to stick to organic dairy products. I've been searching for organic cream but can only find Sainsbury's Organic double cream. Please can anyone tell me if this will work in coffee?

Reactions: Guzzler

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't see why not. Double cream works for me in tea (don't drink coffee).

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have double cream in my coffee at least twice a day.. I did have it in tea (as it is lower carb than milk) but it just a bit too creamy.. for coffee it's great tho..never worried about organic although Yeo Valley seem to do one.. I just have Waitrose Essential or whatever I can get from the supermarket.

Reactions: dbr10

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I shouldn't have coffee but on the rare occasion I do I always use double cream. I may be wrong but I could have sworn that M&S do an organic double cream and an extra thick version, too.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
IF I tolerated cream I would think double cream would be double better.

I used to LOVE cream on my cereal when I was a kid.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have double cream in my coffee at least twice a day.. I did have it in tea (as it is lower carb than milk) but it just a bit too creamy.. for coffee it's great tho..never worried about organic although Yeo Valley seem to do one.. I just have Waitrose Essential or whatever I can get from the supermarket.

I've been doing pretty much the same PLUS cornish clotted cream with my berries - scrumptious !

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been doing pretty much the same PLUS cornish clotted cream with my berries - scrumptious !
Thanks very much everyone. Google only mentioned Sainsbury's, but I'll check out Yeo Valley and M&S. Interesting that Goonergal likes it in tea. In the 19th and early 20th centuries those who could afford it regularly put cream in their tea. I've always thought that must have made it a completely different drink, and I daresay it mellowed the taste of much stronger tea.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yuk! Cream in tea is disgusting!! I am a tea drinker but can't even drink it with semi skimmed milk. It has to be fully skimmed for me. However, I do have one decaf coffee a day with double cream. Lovely, and a go-to comfort food for me.

Reactions: dbr10
B

badcat

Sometimes they only seem to have some stuff for online shopping / at the big stores - often really nice stuff - i get it in online shops ( too dangerous to go into physical shops - i always seem to go in for 1 or 2 items and come out with £30 worth

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes they only seem to have some stuff for online shopping / at the big stores - often really nice stuff - i get it in online shops ( too dangerous to go into physical shops - i always seem to go in for 1 or 2 items and come out with £30 worth

That reminds me of when I was first married a million years ago. We were very short of money. One morning there was no milk. I took what money we had and hot footed it to the corner shop (they still had those). I came home, not with milk, but a lovely bunch of daffodils. :hilarious:

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That reminds me of when I was first married a million years ago. We were very short of money. One morning there was no milk. I took what money we had and hot footed it to the corner shop (they still had those). I came home, not with milk, but a lovely bunch of daffodils. :hilarious:

Ah the joys of being a newly wed - I was living in the back of a transit van at the time. We parked it in a car park in Sandwich one evening, only to find the next morning the stall holders had "integrated " us into the market, using our van to secure various scaffold poles.

Before diagnosis I used to drink tea with skimmed milk in a never ending supply. Now I moved to my spicy coffeewith cream instead and the tea is a once a day treat -