1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Double cream in coffee?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Alexandra100, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

I prefer to stick to organic dairy products. I've been searching for organic cream but can only find Sainsbury's Organic double cream. Please can anyone tell me if this will work in coffee?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't see why not. Double cream works for me in tea (don't drink coffee).

3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I have double cream in my coffee at least twice a day.. I did have it in tea (as it is lower carb than milk) but it just a bit too creamy.. for coffee it's great tho..never worried about organic although Yeo Valley seem to do one.. I just have Waitrose Essential or whatever I can get from the supermarket.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

I shouldn't have coffee but on the rare occasion I do I always use double cream. I may be wrong but I could have sworn that M&S do an organic double cream and an extra thick version, too.

5. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Expert

IF I tolerated cream I would think double cream would be double better.

I used to LOVE cream on my cereal when I was a kid.

6. CherryAA

CherryAA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've been doing pretty much the same PLUS cornish clotted cream with my berries - scrumptious !

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Thanks very much everyone. Google only mentioned Sainsbury's, but I'll check out Yeo Valley and M&S. Interesting that Goonergal likes it in tea. In the 19th and early 20th centuries those who could afford it regularly put cream in their tea. I've always thought that must have made it a completely different drink, and I daresay it mellowed the taste of much stronger tea.

8. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

Oh yuk! Cream in tea is disgusting!! I am a tea drinker but can't even drink it with semi skimmed milk. It has to be fully skimmed for me. However, I do have one decaf coffee a day with double cream. Lovely, and a go-to comfort food for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

10. badcat

badcat · Guest

Sometimes they only seem to have some stuff for online shopping / at the big stores - often really nice stuff - i get it in online shops ( too dangerous to go into physical shops - i always seem to go in for 1 or 2 items and come out with £30 worth

11. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

That reminds me of when I was first married a million years ago. We were very short of money. One morning there was no milk. I took what money we had and hot footed it to the corner shop (they still had those). I came home, not with milk, but a lovely bunch of daffodils. :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. CherryAA

CherryAA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ah the joys of being a newly wed - I was living in the back of a transit van at the time. We parked it in a car park in Sandwich one evening, only to find the next morning the stall holders had "integrated " us into the market, using our van to secure various scaffold poles.

Before diagnosis I used to drink tea with skimmed milk in a never ending supply. Now I moved to my spicy coffeewith cream instead and the tea is a once a day treat -

• Funny Funny x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook