Fast meals

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Where you store your other pans.

Reactions: azure

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Yes, the OP has shown for a very long time he is more than capable of using Google to add fairly obscure links.

So Google would be preferable as the current topic is out of the realm of diabetes related issues.

Gree..Carbolysis, Google is your friend

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So wok is just a cast iron pan?

A wok is a Chinese pan with a rounded bottom and deep, slanting sides that's made of rolled or stainless steel, cast iron or aluminum and comes in a variety of sizes.

Woks are the preferred cooking vessel for making a stir-fry. The bottom gets piping hot, allowing you to quickly sear ingredients in a small amount of oil, then push them up to rest on the wok's sides while you cook the remaining ingredients, and finally mix them all together with the flip of your wrist. But woks are also all-purpose stovetop pans that can be used to stew, steam, braise or deep-fry food.

Flat-bottomed and electric woks are also available for those cooking over electric burners or wanting a stand-alone heat source.

http://www.cookthink.com/reference/2480/What_is_a_wok

Reactions: Paulwgun
D

Deleted member 308541

Will this clean just by putting it under the sink and then wiping it with kitchen paper?
You clean it by putting it in the sink and wipe it with kitchen paper, then you rinse it in hot water in the sink. You can let it drip dry, or wipe it dry with a clean tea towel.

Your basic cleaning 101 should kick in here, my grand kids understand this bit about wiping up...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You clean it by putting it in the sink and wipe it with kitchen paper, then you rinse it in hot water in the sink. You can let it drip dry, or wipe it dry with a clean tea towel.

Or you can quickly heat it up on the cooker to dry it out.

Woks do rust if you don't dry them properly.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Will this clean just by putting it under the sink and then wiping it with kitchen paper?

You still haven't explained why you want a pan tgat you can do this with?

How do you wash your plates? Why can't you wash a pan in the same way?

What happened with the halogen oven? I thought you wanted to cook meat in that?

How did you cook your meal this evening?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There is no such thing, at least that I've heard of that is a self cleaning pan

101 on pots and pans.
Tephlon should never be used for high heats and searing. It emits chemicals we don't want in our food. It's more for sautéing.

Cast iron should not see soap but rather just hit water and needs to be oiled after each use or it will rust. It also needs to be ' seasoned ' before use by putting it in the oven with fat multiple times so help stop sticking. However cast iron will still stick until very well seasoned. It's the best for searing and it can go right in the oven to roast further cooking.

Stainless steel can also be used at high heats and go right in the oven. I have no idea what the secret is but EVERYTHING sticks.

I like ceramic as it does wipe clean with a paper towel though I wash mine. Your choice. I believe it can also go right into the oven up to 425 degrees. I've started omelets on the stove and threw it under the broiler but it was only for a few minutes.

There's a new type out. Not sure what the name is but also stands high heat and is nonstick. It has a copper colored finish. Maybe someone else knows what it's called

I don't think you're looking for a wok bcause of the shape. It's narrow on the bottom and looks more like a cone. Not good for flat meats like steak but better for cooking meats in small amounts of oil and stir frying veggies. Moving things around.

I use a cast iron grill pan to seat steak and lamb chops. Then in the oven they go to finish roasting. Veggies are great I it too.

I use ceramic for saluting and low to medium heat foods

I use stainless steel for boiling, steaming veg and soups or simmering.

I have no more tephlon anything.

I also have a soap wand that has a sponge and a handle that holds soap. No fuss. Faster than a paper towel

D

Deleted member 308541

Woks do rust if you don't dry them properly.
I know that cast iron pots and pans rust if you do not oil them. The OP is jumping about into woks and teflon pans, I answered to the teflon one, I think... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I know that cast iron pots and pans rust if you do not oil them. The OP is jumping about into woks and teflon pans, I answered to the teflon one, I think... :confused:

tbh I'm all woked out, off to bed @Tipetoo :wacky:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So we have established that you don't know how to store food, don't know how to cook and can't manage washing-up. Also you find all the food you buy to be tasteless.

Hotpepper20000

So we have established that you don't know how to store food, don't know how to cook and can't manage washing-up. Also you find all the food you buy to be tasteless. Instead of a diabetes forum I suggest you need to ask your mother or a suitable school teacher.
Or google:arghh:

D

Deleted member 308541

So we have established that you don't know how to store food, don't know how to cook and can't manage washing-up. Also you find all the food you buy to be tasteless.
Eloquently said @Mr_Pot, I could not have written it better.
4F2mf.gif

Or google:arghh:
Must not forget that one...

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is no such thing, at least that I've heard of that is a self cleaning pan

101 on pots and pans.
Tephlon should never be used for high heats and searing. It emits chemicals we don't want in our food. It's more for sautéing.

Cast iron should not see soap but rather just hit water and needs to be oiled after each use or it will rust. It also needs to be ' seasoned ' before use by putting it in the oven with fat multiple times so help stop sticking. However cast iron will still stick until very well seasoned. It's the best for searing and it can go right in the oven to roast further cooking.

Stainless steel can also be used at high heats and go right in the oven. I have no idea what the secret is but EVERYTHING sticks.

I like ceramic as it does wipe clean with a paper towel though I wash mine. Your choice. I believe it can also go right into the oven up to 425 degrees. I've started omelets on the stove and threw it under the broiler but it was only for a few minutes.

There's a new type out. Not sure what the name is but also stands high heat and is nonstick. It has a copper colored finish. Maybe someone else knows what it's called

I don't think you're looking for a wok bcause of the shape. It's narrow on the bottom and looks more like a cone. Not good for flat meats like steak but better for cooking meats in small amounts of oil and stir frying veggies. Moving things around.

I use a cast iron grill pan to seat steak and lamb chops. Then in the oven they go to finish roasting. Veggies are great I it too.

I use ceramic for saluting and low to medium heat foods

I use stainless steel for boiling, steaming veg and soups or simmering.

I have no more tephlon anything.

I also have a soap wand that has a sponge and a handle that holds soap. No fuss. Faster than a paper towel

Good info, but I think you misunderstood that I want to buy a frying pan to put it in the halogen oven??
I want to buy a frying pan that can clean easily and ditch the halogen oven. I want to fry stuff instead.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You still haven't explained why you want a pan tgat you can do this with?

How do you wash your plates? Why can't you wash a pan in the same way?

What happened with the halogen oven? I thought you wanted to cook meat in that?

How did you cook your meal this evening?

I use disposable plates.
The halogen oven doesn't cook good, it dries the meat too quickly, I think frying is better method.

D

Deleted member 308541

Good info, but I think you misunderstood that I want to buy a frying pan to put it in the halogen oven??
I think you misunderstand what you are being told, and you will not fit a frying pan in to the halogen oven ever.

Whether you are being deliberately obtuse. or you have lost the plot... :meh: