Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Will you go swimming more often Johnny, now that you know you are entitled to free entry to the pool? Exercise is very helpful in lots of ways, it really helps to keep you generally fit, helps keep your blood glucose values low and swimming is a pleasurable activity, don't you agree?
@JohnnyBaker12021970
Good Morning, @13lizanne, my good friend. Yes, Matthew's going to pick me up next Wednesday morning and then pick Lee up from his safe house in his secret location and take us both swimming. I've just eaten a delicious meal of 2 lightly fried thick pork sausages cooked on a moderate heat, with mashed potatoes with margarine and milk and steamed asparagus with a pinch of salt.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Sound delicious Johnny, I also had two thick pork sausages for lunch [98% meat] but I had an egg chopped up with butter and salt as the accompaniment. I'm glad to hear that you are going swimming next week with Matthew and Lee will enjoy that too. Hope you have an enjoyable afternoon and evening today. Blessings
@JohnnyBaker12021970

Reactions: debrasue

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you so much. This morning he's seeing his cardiologist , but getting up was a problem as he couldn't move his left arm . So therefore he couldn't use his normal aids so I've had to help .

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
How did Ron get on yesterday Tina? Any more treatment options offered?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Yesterday, I ate a meal that Ioanna very kindly let me have; a roasted chicken drumstick, roasted potatoes and Jelloff Rice. And I also ate cheese on toast made with 2 slices of toasted soya and linseed bread and mild cheddar cheese. And I drank 2 mugs of instant coffee with coffee mate light and granulated sweetener and also drank 4 glasses of tap water. I didn't take my blood glucose reading yesterday, though.

My fasting blood glucose reading this morning, Saturday, September 9th, 2017 Anno Domini at 5:46 Ante Meridian British Summer Time was a very good 5.8 Millimoles Per Litre.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thinking of my type2 life friends. :) :) :)

It's nice to get back to normal after the 6wks of wall to wall expense.
I need to be more prepared for next year. I need to start saving now! Ha ha

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Very tired today. Woke tired.
Did 2 things yesterday and has wiped me out and in a lot of pain.
Very emotional this morning before I took levothyroxine. Seems to be settling down now.

How is everyone?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my fine, lovely Type 2 Life friends,

Yesterday, Wednesday 13th September 2017 Anno Domini, at 6:00 Ante Meridian British Summer Time, I went to visit my best friend Lee Collingwood in his temporary accommodation hostel and he commuted with me to Tulse Hill from where he lives in Herne Hill on the Route 201 little red bus where we went to Tulse Hill Cafe where he gave me £11.00 (a beige ten pound note and one pound coin) as a loan repayment that he owes me for all the ready meals and money that I have given him over the past few weeks and months and I bought a £6.00 Full English Breakfast which consisted of one rasher of bacon, two jumbo sausages, two fried eggs, two half slices of fried tomato, one portion of baked beans and two halved slices of white toast and a glass of Diet Coke. We then caught the P13 bus back to his temporary accommodation hostel in Herne Hill where I drank 3 mugs of water and we chatted until our elderly evangelical Christian friend of 70 years of age called Matthew should come and take us swimming at the Crystal Palace Leisure Centre. Lee decided after an hour had passed that he didn't want to go swimming because he was feeling "as sick as a dog" and had terrible diarrhoea due to taking one too many antibiotics for his ear infection so I let him go to the bank to transfer some money to his mum's bank account that he owed her. Matthew arrived at Lee's hostel at a little after ten o'clock and I made him a mug of tea as Lee permitted me to and explained to him of Lee's queasy tummy and Matthew and I went to Clapham Manor Leisure Centre in Clapham, South West London, SW4 where our Freedom Passes permitted us free entry. In the pool I swam 20 lengths of Breast Stroke and 5 lengths of Back Crawl, bearing in mind that most of the pool was cordoned off by a barrier to accommodate school children in the deep end having swimming lessons. At the barrier the water was 12.5 metres deep and I could stand on tiptoe but if I stood on my heels I would have been submersed under the surface of the water so I mostly trod water and held on to the barrier in between lengths. I was weighed on Tuesday 12th September 2017 Anno Domini and I weighed in at 81 kg which is approximately 12 stones and 10 pounds which is good and indicates I've lost a few pounds in weight, getting on for one stone in weight loss. I didn't take my blood glucose yesterday and when I got home from swimming I visited Ioanna and she gave me some toast and jam (four toasted slices of Sainsbury's Basics forty pence a loaf bread, Clover Margarine and Sainsbury's Basics forty pence a jar strawberry jam.

This morning, Thursday 14th September 2017 Anno Domini, I awoke at approximately 6-6:30 Ante Meridian British Summer Time and about seven o'clock I went to Sainsbury's and bought 3 loaves of Sainsbury's Basics forty pence a loaf white bread and two jars of Sainsbury's Basics forty pence a jar strawberry jam and came home and ate two slices of strawberry jam on toast made with strawberry jam, Sainsbury's soft spread and two slices of bread. I also took my GLP-1 injection for my type 2 diabetes mellitus and other medication including my 1000 mg metformin hydrochloride. Just now, after drinking two mugs of artificial granulated sweetener instant coffee at two different times my blood glucose was good, but slightly hyperglycemic, 7.2 Millimoles Per Litre at 10:08 Ante Meridian British Summer Time.

Have a lovely day, my nice friends.

From Johnny Baker, with fervent love and best wishes,

A sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Very emotional this morning before I took levothyroxine. Seems to be settling down now.

How is everyone?
Thinking of you and praying for you, @ickihun, my lovely friend. Hugs to you in abundance xXx.

Reactions: TooManyCrisps

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job

How is everyone?
I've been tired myself because of looking after Michael. Thankfully he seems to have turned a corner so I took him to the doctors to discuss our next steps in his care. The doctor agreed that the increase in his fits is worrying so he referred us back to the neurologist and suggested that I get in touch with Social Services to see if I can get a social worker for him.

Have a hug from us, I hope you feel better soon xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've been tired myself because of looking after Michael. Thankfully he seems to have turned a corner so I took him to the doctors to discuss our next steps in his care. The doctor agreed that the increase in his fits is worrying so he referred us back to the neurologist and suggested that I get in touch with Social Services to see if I can get a social worker for him.

Have a hug from us, I hope you feel better soon xx
I hope you get a chance to recoup your sleep hun.
Stay in touch. Just a line to say ok, if busy?
We are here for you. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You too @debrasue I understand you are busy.
Luckily my time to relax, for a change. I'm taking the time so I can be mentally stronger.

My mum and sister's are always relaxing and I'm at times at my wits end with responsibilities. No support over 6wks. One day of shopping together frightened the life out of mother. I had to spend nearly £100 on school shoes. Otherwise they would need new ones every week. Especially little one.
Kids needs are constant but no support. They are missing out on some fantastic fun and laughter, which makes it all very worth while. Shame. Shame for them.
I'm happy to be skint but happy. :) :) :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @mayoburt I'm going to tag @daisy1 for you so that you can receive some great information regarding controlling your diabetes as @Granny_grump_ mentioned on the fasting thread this morning. Hope that you find it helpful. Best wishes

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@mayoburt Here, in my signature, are links to the Basic Information and Low Carb Program which should be helpful to you.

Reactions: 13lizanne

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, to all my special, sweet and caring friends on the http://www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life thread of the Diabetes Forum,

It's Sunday, September 17th, 2017 Anno Domini at 8:23 Ante Meridian British Summer Time.

I had a good, productive day yesterday and cooked a roasted lamb shoulder cut of meat, roasted part boiled potatoes, steamed spring greens, steamed courgettes, steamed broccoli and steamed sliced carrots and steamed frozen green garden peas. The lamb and potatoes were roasted on a moderate heat for just over two hours on 160 degrees Celsius in my lovely new cooker and the vegetables steamed on number three on my hob for approximately fifteen to seventeen minutes. My two friends, an ex-British army retired war veteran friend called Stephen and his disabled schizophrenic with a learning disability and mild mobility issues called Mary whom he also carers for as her Care Worker.

It was a delicious meal and the meat was succulent and falling off the bone and Stephen said it was very tasty and lovely and Mary thanked me for it in abundance.

My Fasting Blood Glucose Reading, this morning, after three mugs of sucralose sweetened coffee with Nestle Coffee Mate Light and upon administration of my GLP-1 subcutaneous injection, 1000 mg of metformin hydrochloride and other medications was 7.2 Millimoles Per Litre bearing in mind that I had a full bath too washing meticulously in all the nooks and crannies with Mint and Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Lots of Love to a very special posse of revered friends,

From JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus xXx.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That meal sounds delicious Johnny, it was very kind of you to invite Mary and Stephen for such a wonderful feast. I hope that you have some lamb and veg left over for your dinner tonight. Have a lovely day @JohnnyBaker12021970

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my nice, caring and revered friends on the http://www.diabetes.co.uk Type 2 Life Thread of the Diabetes Forum, today, Sunday 17th September 2017 Anno Domini at 1:53 Post Meridian British Summer Time,

I had a good meeting at my local Kingdom Hall where the focal point of the Meeting was Praise of God and how kind He is to us in the wonderful blessings He provides. Not only did God provide me with a wonderful Mum and Dad and older sister Karen and lovely Aunties, Uncles, and Cousins as well as a lovely Nan, but He's also gracefully bestowing motivation and perseverance on me, even though I'm not out of the woods yet, so to speak. He also gave me a computer, a comfortable flat, and social media, which I love especially Type 2 Life, which is my favourite.

I have not long ago eaten a lamb sandwich and a half, toasted, made with three slices of Sainsbury's Basics 40 pence white bread, a good spread of Sainsbury's 90 pence soft spread and the cold lamb left over from yesterday. I'm also going to cook jerked pork shoulder steaks on a bed of lightly steamed basmati rice for Ioanna and me which I'll take round to her flat round the corner on a plate with cling film over it.

My blood glucose now is a bit hyperglycemic standing at 10.5 Millimoles Per Litre bearing in mind the bread was what Ioanna bought me the other day and wasn't the low-carb soya and linseed bread. I'm going to drink plenty of cold tap water to hydrate myself and bring it down in conjunction with my GLP-1 incretin mimetic injection.

Lots of loves and sincere kind regards to you with hugs in abundance from @JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus xXx.

Reactions: debrasue

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my lovely friends on http://www.diabetes.co.uk,

I've gone to visit my friends called Lily, an old lady of 70 years of age, and her mental health service user son who is 54 years of age called Gary. I used to know Gary and met him there at Effra Resource Centre, a day centre locally to where we both live.

I'm going to do some some weeding and raking in their front and back gardens at 10:00 Ante Meridian British Summer Time today on Monday, September 18th, 2017 Anno Domini bearing in mind it is a mere 6:55 Ante Meridian British Summer Time.

I'm also back on my Smoking Quit and have used four pieces of Niquitinell Nicotine Gum, and drank four glasses of tap water and one glass of Pepsi Max, checking meticulously the ingredients, noting it has caffeine and flavourings but an absence of sugar, compensating for it with sweeteners. I haven't eaten anything yet. I'm around at Lily and Gary's home logging on to http://www.diabetes.co.uk on the Samsung Chromebook Lap Top Computer that I gave Gary for his birthday after getting him back online so he can watch his favourite videos on http://www.youtube.com which are mainly old situation comedies from the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. His favourites are Steptoe and Son and Nearest and Dearest. He also likes to listen to 1960's music on You Tube as well as Elvis Presley. He is a very loyal Elvis Presley fan.

Lots of love to all of you with hugs and expressions of thankfulness for helping me in an online capacity. Thinking of you all. From @JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. xXx.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have a good day Johnny, it is very kind of you to help Lily and Gary with their gardens and good exercise for you too. @JohnnyBaker12021970