Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Disloyalty, Bad Food
Hey all. I have been type 1 diabetic for 11 years now. Things you should know about me is i cant spell very well and i forget a lot of technical names like the name of the blood test that messures your blood levels over 3 months lol.

i am a fun guy who would like to get to know people and have a laugh.

i have other underline issues like asthma and anxiety.

i love to drive my car (rx8 if any one is intrested) and love to be free from the cage of diabeties aka i control it and not let it control me.

i dont really know what to put on this hense the garbage talk above.

any questions then feel free to ask me, i am a nice guy really.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome Dan. I think you picked a quiet part of the day otherwise someone would have replied by now.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @danthediabeticman :)

Welcome to the forum. I think a fair few of us have anxiety related to our type 1 so you're not alone, as someone recently described it to me, everyone has a mental cup, yet with us we have to deal with all of life's ups and downs and then our t1 on top of that, so it's little wonder that it goes hand in hand. Lots of good folk around so don't be a stranger :)

Reactions: baffour2057
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Disloyalty, Bad Food
Thank you @Juicyj for the welcome. And i love the mental cup analagy (cant spell) but my t1 isnt the cause of my anxiety, i just suffer from mental anxiety to the point i cant walk past certain shops and people. As far as my diabeties is concerned i dont care if people have an issue, if they dont like me injecting myself the can always look the other way lol. And thank you @Snapsy for the welcome :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all. I have been type 1 diabetic for 11 years now. Things you should know about me is i cant spell very well and i forget a lot of technical names like the name of the blood test that messures your blood levels over 3 months lol.

i am a fun guy who would like to get to know people and have a laugh.

i have other underline issues like asthma and anxiety.

i love to drive my car (rx8 if any one is intrested) and love to be free from the cage of diabeties aka i control it and not let it control me.

i dont really know what to put on this hense the garbage talk above.

any questions then feel free to ask me, i am a nice guy really.

Hi @danthediabeticman ,

Welcome to the forum!

RX8? Yeah I'm interested.. Well your alloys are a straight swap on my Jap import van, with tyres fitted to a minimum load rating of 98?

Welcome aboard! :cool:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Disloyalty, Bad Food
Hi @danthediabeticman ,

Welcome to the forum!

RX8? Yeah I'm interested.. Well your alloys are a straight swap on my Jap import van, with tyres fitted to a minimum load rating of 98?

Welcome aboard! :cool:
hahaha. I have r3 alloys on mine. What jap import do you have and do You have pics? And thank you for the welcome

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hahaha. I have r3 alloys on mine. What jap import do you have and do You have pics? And thank you for the welcome

The R3s are 19 inch? Stupidly big for my van.. Lol, (it's the "tin top" on the left taken at an owner's meet up earlier this year?

image.jpeg

Come on then @danthediabeticman , let's see yours..?

Reactions: danthediabeticman
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Disloyalty, Bad Food
if it was the orange alloys i would have done a straight swap lol. Unfortanatly not, if they where like the old skool steels i would have swapped. But it does look good @Jaylee. And yes and there the colour is like a smoked black /gunmetal colour. Do you ever go to jap fest?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
if it was the orange alloys i would have done a straight swap lol. Unfortanatly not, if they where like the old skool steels i would have swapped. But it does look good @Jaylee. And yes and there the colour is like a smoked black /gunmetal colour. Do you ever go to jap fest?

The old style steels like on the American GMC vans are nice!
Japfest? Never had the chance.. :( It's always cropped up when something else was doing?

@Jaylee its now my profile pic
:cool: Nothing like good weather to set off yer pride & joy! Looking good.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Disloyalty, Bad Food
you should go, its a great event with plenty to look at and plenty of food and new friends. Where abouts do you live (if you dont want to say then thats cool, just curious) @Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
you should go, its a great event with plenty to look at and plenty of food and new friends. Where abouts do you live (if you dont want to say then thats cool, just curious) @Jaylee

I don't think it will kill me to mention I live in Wiltshire...
& you?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
do you go to many club meets regularly? @Jaylee

A fair few in my time with my old van...
Including a meet up in Norrth Italy, driving through Germany & Austria..

& this little jaunt to meet up with Russian owners in Poland... My old van is dead centre. Pic was took while waiting for a rather long train to pass.. Lol, hardly the "fast & furious." :D

image.jpeg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Disloyalty, Bad Food
@Jaylee i can see you aha. That is a monster train. Im hoping to go to nurberg with the club next year. Should be fun. And i didnt realise there was such a following for mazda vans aha. That is a great picture btw.