All women with the "hunter" gene get gestational diabetes.

Do you have the "hunter" gene

• No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • don't know

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi
You have not read correctly. Our condition is an auto-immune disease (think type 1 diabetes). We are not born with it and (anyone?) can get the auto-immune disease (1 type cell in the adrenal glands is destroyed by the body). The symptoms for people with our genetics are different then the symptoms for people with the "Normal" genetics. They get the standard reactive hypoglycemia.
I have been emailing with probably the world expert on adrenal gland functioning. I have had no responses questioning my theories from the health care professionals who look at my web site from my ad in google in the U.S. and India. My theories are "new?" and therefore shocking?
What is standard reactive Hypoglycaemia?
I have read extensively and there is no term or reasoning behind it!
Everyone who has posted with the condition has differing symptoms and other underlying factors that cause the condition.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Reactive Hypoglycaemia is definitely not an auto immune condition.
Otherwise it would be classed as Type1!

Our condition is endocrine, where the balance of glucose, glycogen and glucagon is in imbalanced and how our beta cells trigger the initial and secondary insulin response through our gut brain trigger.

Your theory of the hunter gene, even if you did have, is not the cause or reason behind reactive Hypoglycaemia or gestational diabetes.
Your theory is flawed.

Hence, why no one answers your email etc.
Hi

Lupus is an auto-immune disease. Chroic Fatigue Sydrom is probably an auto-immune disease(medicine's best guess). Narcoplepsy is probably an autoimune disease (One type cell in the brain is missing, how did that happen?). I just mentioned Type 1 diabetes because that is the auto-immune disease which has been most studied and known about. Why can't reactive hypoglycemia be an auto-immune disease. I had the normal symptoms of many auto-immune diseases in 1957. I lost weight and had(have) an overactive bladder. That would happen if 1 type cell of my adrenal glands was distroyed by my body and the products of the distruction was urinated out over about a 2 month interval.

Last edited by a moderator:

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Everyone who has posted with the condition has differing symptoms and other underlying factors that cause the condition.
Hi
The standard reactive hypoglycemia is very low blood sugar about 1 hour after eating sugar/starch/alcohol. I speculate that what is happening is that you are supposed to have a short time hormone release into the effects of the insulin release to prevent very low blood sugar. Without the hormones the glucose tolerance curve is up and then straight down. Fortunately, you usually survive the very low sugar episodes as the hormones are produced when the body goes into low sugar emergency followed by the liver changing fat into sugar.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi

Lupus is an auto-immune disease. Chroic Fatigue Sydrom is probably an auto-immune disease(medicine's best guess). Narcoplepsy is probably an autoimune disease (One type cell in the brain is missing, how did that happen?). I just mentioned Type 1 diabetes because that is the auto-immune disease which has been most studied and known about. Why can't reactive hypoglycemia be an auto-immune disease. I had the normal symptoms of many auto-immune diseases in 1957. I lost weight and had(have) an overactive bladder. That would happen if 1 type cell of my adrenal glands was distroyed by my body and the products of the distruction was urinated out over about a 2 month interval.

Because modern endocrinology has established that it is definitely not auto immune.
All metabolic conditions are about how our organs process food.
That's it!

Even if it was a genetic, the treatment would be the same.

Avoiding foods that you are highly susceptible to raise your blood sugar levels and then make you crash.
Avoiding these foods also makes you healthy.

Eating them makes you ill!

Reactions: zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi
The standard reactive hypoglycemia is very low blood sugar about 1 hour after eating sugar/starch/alcohol. I speculate that what is happening is that you are supposed to have a short time hormone release into the effects of the insulin release to prevent very low blood sugar. Without the hormones the glucose tolerance curve is up and then straight down. Fortunately, you usually survive the very low sugar episodes as the hormones are produced when the body goes into low sugar emergency followed by the liver changing fat into sugar.
I take a Gliptin that alters my beta cells.
This lowers my hyper if I mistakenly have too many carbs or glucose.
It changes the glucagon/glycogen process.
My other hormones are not out of balance.
I have had a myriad of tests to see if it is another hormone causing my symptoms.
Everything checked normal.
The thing that causes my symptoms to flair up is food or drink.
I am in perfect health for a man of my age.
Because I avoid the foodstuff that triggers my insulin response.

If you haven't read my posts, I spike very quickly, then after two insulin response, my blood crashes over the next three to four hours. That is described as Late Reactive Hypoglycaemia. We all differ how long this process takes depending on what we eat.

Insulin is not something to be having continuous high levels of, I know this because of my hypo hell period. I'm not going back there wether it is hormonal, genetic or how bad the weather is!

I have advised you to find a modern endocrinologist who has researched RH.
New thinking on how, why and getting help to treat it, is something that myself and my endocrinologist have discussed often.

Finding why, we have this condition, is not necessarily the way to approach having better health.

Best wishes

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi
I do not understand is type 1 diabetes an auto immune problem or not?

Neil
Because modern endocrinology has established that it is definitely not auto immune.
That's it!

Avoiding foods that you are highly susceptible to raise your blood sugar levels and then make you crash.

Eating them makes you ill![/QUOTE

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi

Standard reactive hypoglycemia is very low blood sugar after 1 hour + after taking sugar in a glucose tolerance test. What happens is that the blood sugar rises and then heads south and just keeps going until you get very low blood sugar. I guess what is happening is that you are supposed to release hormones to produce insulin resistance so that you do not get very low blood sugar. Fortunately, the emergency reaction where you release the hormones when you blood sugar becomes too low is not disabled. So you release the hormones and then the liver changes fat into sugar and the emergency ends. Some people end the emergency by eating sugar/starch. For the standard reactive hypoglycemia this works. For us that can lead to another episode about 3 1/2 hours later.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Yes T1 is an auto immune disorder. RH is not, it is a metabolic disorder.
Hi
Sorry just don't get it. Why couldn't other sugar problems be due to a different auto immune disorder. I have not seen any literature to support your hypothesis. I have not seen any literature to support my hypothesis. So....

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi

Standard reactive hypoglycemia is very low blood sugar after 1 hour + after taking sugar in a glucose tolerance test. What happens is that the blood sugar rises and then heads south and just keeps going until you get very low blood sugar. I guess what is happening is that you are supposed to release hormones to produce insulin resistance so that you do not get very low blood sugar. Fortunately, the emergency reaction where you release the hormones when you blood sugar becomes too low is not disabled. So you release the hormones and then the liver changes fat into sugar and the emergency ends. Some people end the emergency by eating sugar/starch. For the standard reactive hypoglycemia this works. For us that can lead to another episode about 3 1/2 hours later.
Wow!
Having been diagnosed and read as much as is humanity has written on RH!
I never knew another hormone intervened in producing a liver dump when in a hypo state, I always thought that it was a natural gut brain trigger to low glucose levels that released the glucagon.
By the way, having a liver dump is something to be avoided by RH ers!

I Do believe you are referring to dpp4! Which is derived from beta cells.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi
Sorry just don't get it. Why couldn't other sugar problems be due to a different auto immune disorder. I have not seen any literature to support your hypothesis. I have not seen any literature to support my hypothesis. So....
Sorry, it is a metabolic disorder!
Plenty of literature around the internet!
Wether you have other disorders is what I would ask, by discussing it with an endocrinologist who is up to date with metabolic conditions such as RH, gastric dumping and if you like, all the main types of hypoglycaemia, hyperinsulinaemia and other metabolic conditions.

Best wishes

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Wow!
Having been diagnosed and read as much as is humanity has written on RH!
I never knew another hormone intervened in producing a liver dump when in a hypo state, I always thought that it was a natural gut brain trigger to low glucose levels that released the glucagon.
By the way, having a liver dump is something to be avoided by RH ers!

I Do believe you are referring to dpp4! Which is derived from beta cells.
Hi

I know very little about the RH. I assume it is the actual chemistry that is taking place from the hormones,enzymes etc. released by the human body. I simply say that before the dump some hormones are (probably, there is indirect evidence for my type of hypoglycemia, I think we interbreed and most of what is true for me is also true for everyone) released which make the dump effective. I do not say it is good to have this happen, but you stay alive. I have been advertising on google to heath care professionals in the U.S. and India. I have been emailing with probably the world expert on adrenal problems. On my web site I beg for responses using 3 possible methods. Some are autonomous (actually if I was a troll I could find out what device was being used, but I am moral). I have over 9000 looks at my site about 1/2 of those are more than a glance. No one says my analysis is wrong. I have got a grand total of 2 (or maybe 3) responses which amounted to awe. Why does no one answer me.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
I take a Gliptin that alters my beta cells.
This lowers my hyper if I mistakenly have too many carbs or glucose.
It changes the glucagon/glycogen process.
My other hormones are not out of balance.
I have had a myriad of tests to see if it is another hormone causing my symptoms.
Everything checked normal.
The thing that causes my symptoms to flair up is food or drink.
I am in perfect health for a man of my age.
Because I avoid the foodstuff that triggers my insulin response.

If you haven't read my posts, I spike very quickly, then after two insulin response, my blood crashes over the next three to four hours. That is described as Late Reactive Hypoglycaemia. We all differ how long this process takes depending on what we eat.

Insulin is not something to be having continuous high levels of, I know this because of my hypo hell period. I'm not going back there wether it is hormonal, genetic or how bad the weather is!

I have advised you to find a modern endocrinologist who has researched RH.
New thinking on how, why and getting help to treat it, is something that myself and my endocrinologist have discussed often.

Finding why, we have this condition, is not necessarily the way to approach having better health.

Best wishes
Hi

I just don't get it. I figured out that a strict low carb diet works and seems to improve my health. Your problem may be different than mine. I do not wish to ever get my body back in the state it was in before a strict low carb diet after several years. My glucose tolerance test in 1964 (U.S. old fashioned units) was 70 1/2 hour 130 1 hour 175 2 hours 185 (extended) 3 hours 100. My fasting blood sugar is now 98. It has risen slowly over years until I have stabilized at around this value. My cousin has proved that we can eat a little sugar/starch but she could never keep a job because she would fall asleep if she ate too much sugar/starch. I say I can not eat 1 potato chip (hope you understand). I am a scientist and finding out what was the problem was my response to no one knowing what was happening. I have an overpowering curiosity drive.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I also have been on a very low carb diet since diagnosis.
We have the same condition.
Potatoes are really bad for me. They make my blood glucose levels go above 14mmols (172) from normal levels.

Strange how your worst food is the same as mine, we must have the same condition!

Best wishes

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Potatoes are really bad for me. They make my blood glucose levels go above 14mmols (172) from normal levels.

Strange how your worst food is the same as mine, we must have the same condition!

Best wishes
Hi
I am getting feedback which indicates that there is one auto immune problem which creates reactive hypoglycemia. 1 set of symptoms for people with the "normal" method of sugar processing and 1 set of symptoms for people with the "hunter" gene. I have near certainty that all humans have the hormones produced by the placenta to create insulin resistance. There is a general problem that one type cell in the adrenal glands is subject to an auto immune destruction. If the problem is partially genetic I do not know. I assume that for me a certain innocuous virus created an immune reaction which lead to the destruction. Whether all people who get the auto immune reaction have that situation I do not know. People with the "hunter" gene have an advantage. Since they are usually insulin resistant they can eat a low carb diet without starving. They have a disadvantage as the symptoms can be much more subtle than the "normal" people who just get very low blood sugar. I have advised in my web site that health care professionals should watch out for people with the "hunter" gene who complain of chronic fatigue.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?

Best wishes
Hi

I think you sent me a private message with your web site. I have misplaced and think I should go to your web site even though I have very little to say about my diet since I am very strict. No grains, almost no fruit, no known starchy vegetables or legumes no sugar use baking cocoa 100% cocoa as my treat. If possible send me another private message.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi

I think you sent me a private message with your web site. I have misplaced and think I should go to your web site even though I have very little to say about my diet since I am very strict. No grains, almost no fruit, no known starchy vegetables or legumes no sugar use baking cocoa 100% cocoa as my treat. If possible send me another private message.

Sorry, I have not sent you a pm!

My diet is as near to yours with little minor differences.

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
That's it!

Eating them makes you ill!
Hi
My expert, years ago, started to sprout your theory. He shut up as I gave my theory. He has been very supportive for years. I suggest that RH is effected by the hormones and correlation does not mean causation but I am too dumb to know for sure.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
My expert, years ago, started to sprout your theory. He shut up as I gave my theory. He has been very supportive for years. I suggest that RH is effected by the hormones and correlation does not mean causation but I am too dumb to know for sure.

Given your deep interest on the topic, it might be interesting for you to start exploring Flash Glucose monitoring and also go for extended OGTT with insulin testing if available. That may help you connect more dots in the puzzle...

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

You are correct that there is another autoimmune disease which it might be worth exploring. It is called Type B insulin resistance - which is a rare autoimmune disorder which is characterised by extreme insulin resistance and extreme vitamin D deficiency . It appears remission - i.e. amelioration of hyperglycemia , normalisation of Hba1Cand discontinuation of insulin therapy is achievable through a combination of rituximab, cyclophoshamide and pulse steroids .

Type B it seems mainly ( but not exclusively ) presents in patients who are African and females

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2913034/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2913034/
You might like to take a look at this research and see if you think that may apply to you.