I hate having diabetes

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
I absolutely hate having diabetes it's horrible and I keep getting things wrong with me like my arm was sore then my ear and my sinuses and know I have a sore throat and a headache like you get when you have a cold and I keep sneezing.

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I absolutely hate having diabetes it's horrible and I keep getting things wrong with me like my arm was sore then my ear and my sinuses and know I have a sore throat and a headache like you get when you have a cold and I keep sneezing.

What! You don’t want to belong to our exclusive little club anymore?! I’m sending you BIG HUGS! It’s the pits isn’t it?! XXXXXXXXX

Vdb

It is hardly sth to like, but I learned so many things about nutrition and about how my body deals with food. The changes to the diet are for the better and I would not have made them otherwise. And low carb does gives a sense that this does not inevitably will have a bad ending. Hang in there.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Stay strong @Julia McCoulough its so important to have a positive mindset - don’t let it get on top of you x

Reactions: Natt and Dodo

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
It is hardly sth to like, but I learned so many things about nutrition and about how my body deals with food. The changes to the diet are for the better and I would not have made them otherwise. And low carb does gives a sense that this does not inevitably will have a bad ending. Hang in there.
Thank you

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Julia McCoulough If you’re feeling under the weather then everything is going to feel much worse, try and take it easy so run a relaxing bath and chill out or get some exercise, do things that make you feel better and take care of yourself x

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like my dad told me when I got it (he's a doctor too): I think you're going to find it's more of a big pain in the a#* more than anything else. It's not a painful disease like rheumatoid arthritis, it doesn't make you look different, might not shorten your lifespan. You just have to mess with stuff and eat different. You'll probably eat better. Eve though he never had it nor did he treat it he was kind of right.

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like my dad told me when I got it (he's a doctor too): I think you're going to find it's more of a big pain in the a#* more than anything else. It's not a painful disease like rheumatoid arthritis, it doesn't make you look different, might not shorten your lifespan. You just have to mess with stuff and eat different. You'll probably eat better. Eve though he never had it nor did he treat it he was kind of right.

I have to agree - my dad had RA, bless him. He never complained but how he suffered! Not thrilled with T1 but hell, it’s better that RA any day! Having said that it’s the same with anything bad - sometimes you just need a day off! Lol!

Last edited:

Wowsap18482

Diabetes is something nobody likes hope you fell better soon but I learned a lot about carbs and what your body does with your sugars

Julia McCoulough

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Hi @Julia McCoulough If you’re feeling under the weather then everything is going to feel much worse, try and take it easy so run a relaxing bath and chill out or get some exercise, do things that make you feel better and take care of yourself x
I'm I allowed to do yoga please

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
who in the right mind likes it? sorry but we all hate it but I for 1 get on with it as its all I know from having it since i was 2 1/2, sorry for being blunt but we need to get on with living and not thinking about what could have been or what was once. We are still alive and thats a blessing

Jazzman75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a type 1 diabetic and have been since the age of 6 and i hate it but since joining the diabetic forum and talking to other people with diabetes it makes me feel like I can do a lot better at looking after myself i only get distracted when I am hanging out with friends sometimes but not lately

Reactions: himtoo