Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all.

Decided to go with the format suggested by @ickihun

Started 101.1 kg (222.8 pounds) December 2016
Today 67.7 kg (149.2 pounds)
Lost 33.6 kg (73.6 pounds)

So an 0.4 kg loss this week. Weight loss definitely slowing as I get closer to my target of 63.5 kg (140 pounds).
Wow. How fantastic is that!
Low carb diet?

Reactions: rainbow79

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Using @ickihuns new format (great idea BTW)

Started 115.3kg 5.4.17
Today 70.3kg
Lost 45.0kg (that's just over 7 stones)

That's another 1.0kg gone this week.

Have thought a lot about target weight etc over the last week. Have decided to aim for 68kg which gives me a bit of wriggle room with a healthy BMI - so just over 2kg to go. Going to add in a little extra fat/calories from this week to see if it slows down weight loss.
Well done on your further 1kg loss. Your post reminds me to keep at it.
Its a marathon not a sprint is a great motivator too.
I now know how to lose weight without athletic exercise. Which ive never been able to find til now. Do you exercise other than walking?
Wish I could exercise to hurry mine up.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sorry for the questions this morning.
I was told weight loss would be hard, their not joking.
I have lost this week from 119.20kgs as I'm 118.60kgs this morning so less than 1kg loss thou.
I just need my enthusiasm back.
If anyone finds it please message me. lol
Frustration as not enough money to buy the foods I need, isnt helping.
On a positive note. We had a family day out on a Halloween farm on wednesday. 4yr old still getting over the fact he had to share the go-karts. Kids!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have lost 0.7kg this week which takes me to 90kg. I can smell the sub 90kg weight and 4 stone total weight loss, I’m so close. Next Friday I hope!

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 90.0kg 27th Oct’17
Total lost 25kg = 3st 13lbs

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. Going to use ickihuns idea.

Starting 101kgs 26 june 2017
Today. 71kgs
Total loss 30 kgs.

Thats 2 kgs over the last 2 weeks.
So want to get below 70. Dont know why, hope I have not become fixated on the numbers.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I like the idea of this thread. Just got on the scales. 18th September 2017 I was 19st 11lb, I am now 17st 3lb according to my scales this morning.

Hello robbie. So good to see you here!

I have been following your journey and can see you getting to grips with it all. Hope you and mrs robbie and all the little signets are well today.
X

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Going to use ickihuns idea.

Starting 101kgs 26 june 2017
Today. 71kgs
Total loss 30 kgs.

Thats 2 kgs over the last 2 weeks.
So want to get below 70. Dont know why, hope I have not become fixated on the numbers.
I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be fixated on numbers! From 115kg in May I need to loose 50kgs to get my BMI into the healthy range, that’s such a daunting prospect. I therefore have broken it down into smaller targets. As I posted this morning my next target is sub 90kgs which equals four stone weight loss.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am getting to grips with it slowly but take great comfort in others stories

Slowly is absolutely fine. You have had to make such big changes. I know everyone focuses on the physical health side( quite rightly, or you would be in hospital for ever) but I think the mental challenges are even more daunting.

You have had to face the fact that you are mortal. So did I, and most of us on here. For the first time in my life I had to face the fact that I could go blind, lose my feet or just die. Its a hard thing to do.

So huge physical changes and huge mental health changes. But I would not want to go back to the way I was before dx, even tho my diabetes was fairly asymptomatic.

Back to the subject of this thread(!) I have lost 5 stone. Last night I went to aquafit and today I am taking my grandchildren swimming. Change can be messy, uncomfortable and hard. But focus on the prize (watching your children grow, getting old with your wife) and all becomes doable.

But slowly is good!!!