ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Today 71KG. Been steady for the past 6 months.
Are you pleased? I wish I recognized what 71kgs represents so is that you at your target, or more to lose?
I know my medical team would be happy if I was 71kgs but we are all different.
What was your starting weight?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all. Going to use ickihuns idea.

Starting 101kgs 26 june 2017
Today. 71kgs
Total loss 30 kgs.

Thats 2 kgs over the last 2 weeks.
So want to get below 70. Dont know why, hope I have not become fixated on the numbers.
I'm weighing more and getting disappointed but looking back is keeping me going. I hope same for you?

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you pleased? I wish I recognized what 71kgs represents so is that you at your target, or more to lose?
I know my medical team would be happy if I was 71kgs but we are all different.
What was your starting weight?

See my signature on the original post, or on this post. Yes I am pleased!

Reactions: Prem51

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Going to use ickihuns idea.

Starting 101kgs 26 june 2017
Today. 71kgs
Total loss 30 kgs.

Thats 2 kgs over the last 2 weeks.
So want to get below 70. Dont know why, hope I have not become fixated on the numbers.

Wow. That’s speedy!

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Starting weight 144.20kgs
Last week 119.20kgs
This week 118.60kgs
Loss to date 25.60kgs (over 4stones lost now).
No metformin as had an upset tum a few days ago. Will restart it on Monday to get a good week clear.
Maybe metformin will tick me along for more loss.
It is feeling very very difficult to do when kids are off. 6wks was the same. Constantly cooking something so when it comes to my foods I prefer I'm knackered. Back to school Monday. :) So skint with their needs. I dont get a look in.

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your further 1kg loss. Your post reminds me to keep at it.
Its a marathon not a sprint is a great motivator too.
I now know how to lose weight without athletic exercise. Which ive never been able to find til now. Do you exercise other than walking?
Wish I could exercise to hurry mine up.
Definitely a marathon not a sprint. I'm really aware of that - Hubby will have been diabetic for 8 years at Christmas (he wasn't diagnosed until the January - but the symptoms were there by mid December - if only we'd understood the signs :( ) I know that I am lucky to have had a relatively easy 7 months since my own diagnosis :) - there are lots of ups and downs to this disease.

I walk every day as you know - also try to swim twice a week - I manage that most weeks, 20 lengths a session.

I know that I am lucky to be able to exercise - I'm sure it helps me a lot.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be fixated on numbers! From 115kg in May I need to loose 50kgs to get my BMI into the healthy range, that’s such a daunting prospect. I therefore have broken it down into smaller targets. As I posted this morning my next target is sub 90kgs which equals four stone weight loss.
You can do it! Just keep going :)

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

Bill_Tanner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, after four weeks of a low carb diet it seems I have not been able to lose weight, even though my clothes are definately looser. I told this to my nurse on Tuesday who weighed me again and confirmed I had lost 4 kilos in four weeks.... which goes to prove, we should look only at the trends, not at the daily result. I was simply weighing at different times of the day ! I am now at 85 kilos, my target is 75 kilos
Now hitting 78 kilos, patience has paid off, feel much better and clothes shopping is once again a joy

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys. I having weighed myself this Friday but i did a few days ago. My weight is 93kg. I'm aiming for 80kg by Christmas. Might be a bit optimistic but hay ho
Hi Roxxy - welcome and good luck with weight loss :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi guys. I having weighed myself this Friday but i did a few days ago. My weight is 93kg. I'm aiming for 80kg by Christmas. Might be a bit optimistic but hay ho
Are you low carbing to do it?
I can definitely see 80 or less for you. ;)

Reactions: Polgara