What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning right back at you.. I don't know what it's like there but its absolutely freezing here this morning :)

Haven't stuck my nose outside yet, but it has definitely gotten nippy during the past few days. Weather forecast says sunny and 7 degrees right now, a max of 11 degrees centigrade later today. We are definitely moving towards winter now.

How about the weather where you are? How cold is it? Make sure to wear warm clothes when you go out.

Reactions: Granny_grump_
D

Diabeticliberty

Haven't stuck my nose outside yet, but it has definitely gotten nippy during the past few days. Weather forecast says sunny and 7 degrees right now, a max of 11 degrees centigrade later today. We are definitely moving towards winter now.

How about the weather where you are? How cold is it? Make sure to wear warm clothes when you go out.

2 degrees this morning and frosty. My doggie has not seen frost before and was quite amused when I walked her before work. I can't wait for snow. She is gonna burst at the seams with laughter :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

it's definitely freezing here too this morning, the car is frosted over like a big ice cube :( I got up at 4.30 am and decided it was too cold and too early and went back to bed for a while :)

@pavlosn what lovely pictures!

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Well not having seen many past photos I was just going to say what a beautiful photo of you and your wife and how well you look. So your aunt would be really pleased to see it.
What fabulous scenery and your right so diverse is the scenery from sea to mountains,lovely photos again lucky you! Kathleen

Reactions: Ixarix and Liam1955

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG 6.0 today
The sun is trying to break through but it is really cold,hubby said the temperature in car this morning was zero @6am on his way home from work. Winter woolly time for me I'm always cold! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
WOAHHHHHH!!!! Hang on a minute. I forgot to ask. How did you get on with your grandkids? Did they revive you or do you in?
they absolutely done me in our alex is like a tornado and never stops our jaxon is only 3 mths so he just sat gurgling all day as long as he was fed and winded was content just to watch the chaos around him when they went home i had to have a quick voddy an a lie down :p but a great day was had by all especially hubby who just sat round like our jaxon nearly winded him on a couple of occasions :D hope you had a good weekend ;)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.7 today - finally back online after being off work with gastroenteritis - so not fun! (heaven is being able to eat a piece of dry toast after doing a 48 hour starve!). Yuk - I can do without something like that again!

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Absolutely...don't do it often...sometimes a necessity...a minor rebellion...a taste explosion!
Just as long you come back to reality afterwards. I've been very straight and narrow since diagnosis in September but I'm feeling the urge to rebel a little.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
they absolutely done me in our alex is like a tornado and never stops our jaxon is only 3 mths so he just sat gurgling all day as long as he was fed and winded was content just to watch the chaos around him when they went home i had to have a quick voddy an a lie down :p but a great day was had by all especially hubby who just sat round like our jaxon nearly winded him on a couple of occasions :D hope you had a good weekend ;)
Sounds fun.

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just as long you come back to reality afterwards. I've been very straight and narrow since diagnosis in September but I'm feeling the urge to rebel a little.
Ixarix...I agree...initially like you I managed my diabetes pretty much the same ...definitely on the straight & narrow...but...as I learned more about my condition...grew more confident...tested regularly...I realised the occasional deviation from my strict routine would do no long term damage with my control...this year there have been several celebrations where I have relaxed that control...for that day...or a couple of hours...then reverted back to my usual regime...I adhere to a low carb high fat diet the majority of the time...I realise that would not suit everyone... however...my rare diabetes 'days off' are planned...have a structure...for me it is a very necessary diversion from the daily grind of diabetes management...I wouldn't advocate that for all...but...it works for me...I want to be in control of my diabetes...not have it in control of me.

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ixarix...I agree...initially like you I managed my diabetes pretty much the same ...definitely on the straight & narrow...but...as I learned more about my condition...grew more confident...tested regularly...I realised the occasional deviation from my strict routine would do no long term damage with my control...this year there have been several celebrations where I have relaxed that control...for that day...or a couple of hours...then reverted back to my usual regime...I adhere to a low carb high fat diet the majority of the time...I realise that would not suit everyone... however...my rare diabetes 'days off' are planned...have a structure...for me it is a very necessary diversion from the daily grind of diabetes management...I wouldn't advocate that for all...but...it works for me...I want to be in control of my diabetes...not have it in control of me.
The occasional treat is important, I agree. I recently added a square of dark chocolate as an after dinner treat. I sure do look forward to it, just the right amount to perk me up.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
rQUOTE="Ixarix, post: 1603221, member: 439065"]The occasional treat is important, I agree. I recently added a square of dark chocolate as an after dinner treat. I sure do look forward to it, just the right amount to perk me up.[/QUOTE]
My real dark secret is I sometimes allow myself a fresh cream eclair...only the ones from a certain supermarket with the carb content displayed...18 carbs per éclair...I substitute it for lunch (have to stress that is a rare treat for me)...follow it with a good walk...no massive spike in my BGs...again...its all about diet being individual for each of us...since I test I can make that call...are we in danger of becoming rebellious...no...don't believe we are...I can manage a small indulgence occasionally...as you rightly say... as long as we are careful...and it doesn't become habitual..

Last edited: