What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

4.8 today

it's a bit soggy today so far ;)
Hi geefull same here awful weather it's gone black, more rain. Great numbers bye the way!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning 6.7......with all this talk of butty shops I'm getting homesick for Lancashire!After 20 years away I still miss it all:)
Hi Glenmac which part of Lancashire do you hail from,and if I'm not being too nosey what took you away!K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Glenmac which part of Lancashire do you hail from,and if I'm not being too nosey what took you away!K
Thirty plus years in Lancaster,then moved to Scotland with Scottish Mr Mac when we retired.You can take the girl out of Lancashire but not Lancashire out of the girl!I still have the accent and can spot another one at a hundred paces!!;)We were checking into a hotel in Switzerland and the receptionist was from Preston and speaking to us in French !

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, hey hey Ziggy, Ziggy Zig, the birdies are tweeting. The sun is beating and I am just rubbing on some sun cream so that I don't burn my head. OK, OK already, enough silliness. It is damp, dark and a bit grim looking. Have yourself a stupendous Tuesday. Great waking number by the way :)

Hi @Diabeticliberty

Unfortunately, there no tweeting birds here. They are too smart for that. They have either left for warmer weather or are huddling together to keep warm.

Rainy weather ahead for us too starting tomorrow -- absolutely no fun. If I didn't have to go to work, I would light some candles, get a warm blanket and cup of coffee with whipped cream and a bit of rum and commiserate with the people, who have to be outside.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ziggy weather grey and damp full of clouds your so right about winter coming I'm more hungry this weather, more casseroles and hearty soups needed I feel, what warming foods do you eat when winter arrives.
Will not let weather keep me in if I can help, I'm off out for lunch with my sister later, nice speaking with you again take care keep warm. K

Yes, we are expecting the same type of weather here tomorrow -- a bit warmer, but grey and rainy. For me, winter is definitely soup time and maybe roasted vegetables -- as long as the don't contain too much starch. Usually don't really feel like salad in winter. Salad is much better when the weather is warm, in my opinion.

Do you enjoy cooking, @Granny_grump_ ?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Will put it on my phone, everything is on my phone these days memory awful! Thank you so much, I may ask my sister if she wants to try it today it's near to Asda so she can do her shopping, unless she has other plans? K
Hi Diabeticliberty my sister had other plans, but now it's my turn to do you a favour,we went to a pub I haven't been in not that I do pubs usually. But this pub is so nice family run three sisters and there brother is the cook all home cooked food absolutely gorgeous food lots on menu and not over priced and a specials board, it's not one of these modern microwaved food pubs it's an old miners pub many moon ago all been opened up real fire cosy corners and open areas to eat in now since this family took over extremely popular. It's called The Gardeners Atherton, from Wigan along Atherton rd. to lights at The Masons Arms take a right onto Lovers Lane through light at crematorium and just before next light near end of Lovers lane on right hand side is The Gardeners, try it for lunch in week not so busy then heaving over weekends. Promise you will not be disappointed and you will probably need your kip afterwards? I had home made hotspot made with thick pieces of beef slice fresh crusty bread butter, my sister had warm chicken and stuffing on a balm with home cooked chips. We shared a sweet white chocolate and raspberry cake with fresh cream 2 lattes and 2 white coffees. £17 from specials board. K

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes, we are expecting the same type of weather here tomorrow -- a bit warmer, but grey and rainy. For me, winter is definitely soup time and maybe roasted vegetables -- as long as the don't contain too much starch. Usually don't really feel like salad in winter. Salad is much better when the weather is warm, in my opinion.

Do you enjoy cooking, @Granny_grump_ ?
Hi Ziggy_w yes I do enjoy cooking love casserole meals in winter, and my home made veg or tomato soup but I have a new recipes and it's gone round all the staff at my local Aldi like wildfire they love it too so I'll give it you to try.
It's called Beer Baked Sausages with Dijon Mustard
You can use any sausage but I use German bratwurst with chilli gives it a nice flavour
1x400g pack pork sausage
1 onion
2 heaped teaspoons Dijon mustard
250 ml Aldi Banks Bitter
1x400tin chopped Tomatoes the tinned tomatoes the
1 beef stock cube
1 teaspoon sugar ( I know sugar) but it burns off when cooking
For Cheesy Mash to go with casserole
1kg potatoes
75gms butter
75gms Chedder cheese or strong flavoured cheese
100ml milk
500 g Chantenay carrots ( tiny carrots from Aldi in a bag)
Oil
Black pepper
Method
Preheat oven to 200centigrade gas mark 6
Wash and peel carrots peel, put into a roasting tin then, onion chop in to slices, Cut sausage into 3 piece chunks cook in frying pan with onion with a little oil until browned.
Add the tinned tomatoes,mustard and beer,crumble over stock cube season with black pepper sprinkle over teaspoon Sugar bring to boil then transfer to ovenproof dish cook in oven for 30 mins
Put carrots in a roasting tin drizzle with a little oil and put them in oven with casserole 200 centigrade gas 6 cook them for same amount of time each.
Cheesy Mash to go with casserole
Boil cut up 1kg chunks of potatoes until cooked Mash with butter and a little milk mix in to potatoes grated cheese about 75 grams
Serve along side of roasted carrots and sausage casserole. Cheap meal and tastes fabulous! Enjoy and let me know what you all think if you try it. K

Last edited:
D

Diabeticliberty

Hi Diabeticliberty my sister had other plans, but now it's my turn to do you a favour,we went to a pub I haven't been in not that I do pubs usually. But this pub is so nice family run three sisters and there brother is the cook all home cooked food absolutely gorgeous food lots on menu and not over priced and a specials board, it's not one of these modern microwaved food pubs it's an old miners pub many moon ago all been opened up real fire cosy corners and open areas to eat in now since this family took over extremely popular. It's called The Gardeners Atherton, from Wigan along Atherton rd. to lights at The Masons Arms take a right onto Lovers Lane through light at crematorium and just before next light near end of Lovers lane on right hand side is The Gardeners, try it for lunch in week not so busy then heaving over weekends. Promise you will not be disappointed and you will probably need your kip afterwards? I had home made hotspot made with thick pieces of beef slice fresh crusty bread butter, my sister had warm chicken and stuffing on a balm with home cooked chips. We shared a sweet white chocolate and raspberry cake with fresh cream 2 lattes and 2 white coffees. £17 from specials board. K

I will make a point of going there really soon :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My morning BG is 5.4. Going to rest a bit than get ready to head to Toronto for the day.
@lxarix
Just posted on here one of my favourite recipes for Beer Baked Sausage Casserole check it out and try it sure you will love this hearty meal at this time of year,let me know what you think of it!K