What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all you lovely people. Just had a look outside and the weather is sunny, blue skies and no cloud in sight, but brrrh is it cold. Winter has arrived. How is the weather in your part of the world?

Blood sugars were 4.7 this morning.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
87dfad5fd0d3132ca84484225e822c49.jpg

6,2 mmol/l this morning. 6km walk done.

While I wait for the rest of the family to get ready, I spending some time in the company of our cats, Gaby the black and Min min the calico.

b5a6b035d3c10344153e1f68e1721dc0.jpg

fcb0ad81e726b642186259ece976fcef.jpg

Enjoy your day

Pavlos

What beautiful cats have a lovely day!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG today 6.2
Over indulged on veg last night if their is such a thing,I was cold and hungry that's the UK weather for you here comes winter I need to watch portion sizes. K. Have a good day everyone

D

Diabeticliberty

Good morning all you lovely people. Just had a look outside and the weather is sunny, blue skies and no cloud in sight, but brrrh is it cold. Winter has arrived. How is the weather in your part of the world?

Hey, hey hey Ziggy, Ziggy Zig, the birdies are tweeting. The sun is beating and I am just rubbing on some sun cream so that I don't burn my head. OK, OK already, enough silliness. It is damp, dark and a bit grim looking. Have yourself a stupendous Tuesday. Great waking number by the way :)

Reactions: Ymdawd and ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Hi Ziggy weather grey and damp full of clouds your so right about winter coming I'm more hungry this weather, more casseroles and hearty soups needed I feel, what warming foods do you eat when winter arrives.
Will not let weather keep me in if I can help, I'm off out for lunch with my sister later, nice speaking with you again take care keep warm. K

Reactions: ziggy_w
D

Diabeticliberty

Hi Ziggy weather grey and damp full of clouds your so right about winter coming I'm more hungry this weather, more casseroles and hearty soups needed I feel, what warming foods do you eat when winter arrives.
Will not let weather keep me in if I can help, I'm off out for lunch with my sister later, nice speaking with you again take care keep warm. K

Hey Kathleen me darlin' I have a suggestion for you. There is a butty shop on the main road just outside what used to be Rathbones Bakery. If you are coming from Ashton In Makerfield into Wigan it's on the right hand side They do a hot pot which will make your curly hair go even more curly. If you have straight hair it will be curly by the time you have eaten the fantastic hot pot. I highly recommend it. After a large dollop I always have a very strong urge to have a good long afternoon kip.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hey Kathleen me darlin' I have a suggestion for you. There is a butty shop on the main road just outside what used to be Rathbones Bakery. If you are coming from Ashton In Makerfield into Wigan it's on the right hand side They do a hot pot which will make your curly hair go even more curly. If you have straight hair it will be curly by the time you have eaten the fantastic hot pot. I highly recommend it. After a large dollop I always have a very strong urge to have a good long afternoon kip.
Hi Diabeticliberty the hotpot sounds great could do with some curly hair,haha!!
But directions a bit vague there are a few butty shops around Ashton and I'm unsure were the old Rathbones bakery was, can you give an old bird more informatio. K

Reactions: Ymdawd
D

Diabeticliberty

Hi Diabeticliberty the hotpt sounds great could do with some curly hair,haha!!
But directions a bit vague there are a few butty shops around Ashton and I'm unsure were the old Rathbones bakery was, can you give an old bird more informatio. K

|Kathleen, you are not an old bird. You are a beautiful exotic canary :) . The butty shop is called The Crispy Cob. If you are going down the dual carriageway from Bryn going toward Wigan Town Centre you will go past Goose Green Labour Club. Go under the railway bridge and there is a park on the left hand side. Keep going and the butty shop is on the right

D

Diabeticliberty

|Kathleen, you are not an old bird. You are a beautiful exotic canary :) . The butty shop is called The Crispy Cob. If you are going down the dual carriageway from Bryn going toward Wigan Town Centre you will go past Goose Green Labour Club. Go under the railway bridge and there is a park on the left hand side. Keep going and the butty shop is on the right

158 Warrington Road Wigan. Don' t you gotta love old Dr. Google?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for both lots of information I will look out for it next time I'm in area, love the exotic canary bit! You have a lovely wit and a way with words, don't ever change it's always a pleasure to hear from you and read your posts every morning. Look after yourself and watch out for those idiots on the roads they multiply rapidly,I was nearly mowed down yesterday with my dogs no signal has she came off the island just turned into avenue Has I was crossing this usually quiet street.K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
158 Warrington Road Wigan. Don' t you gotta love old Dr. Google?
Will put it on my phone, everything is on my phone these days memory awful! Thank you so much, I may ask my sister if she wants to try it today it's near to Asda so she can do her shopping, unless she has other plans? K