What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

The Brass Monkey was a brass triangular plate with holes in upon which cannon balls where stacked to form a pyramid on board navel vessels. In extremely cold weather the cannon balls and plate would shrink at different rates causing the cannon balls to dislodge hence the term cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

An education for me. Thank you very much :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

4.6 today

We're taking mum's little dog for her pre-winter clip today, need to take a good blanket and some nice chicken titbits with us or she won't be friends with us afterward ;) she looks a bit like a shaggy teddy bear at the moment, lovely and fluffy but it's not a good look after she's been out for a walk and she takes ages to dry out. we'd rather put her in a little quilted coat for every walk than have her get rheumatism :)
Poor thing it will be a little chilly after for her /him.K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Kathleen my lovely I know nothing about gout only that it is extremely painful. I hope you can find something that works for you and doesn't cause you loads more pain. You don't deserve the pain as you are far too kind and sweet a lady
@Diabeticliberty Ahh!! thank you your so kind, the gout is under control at the moment, but was chatting to Kristin251 about it and followed a couple of links it's so much to take in and even Kristin251 hadn't realised there was so much information to digest.Its a real eye opener but when I'd calmed down I remembered my GP saying don't worry too much about the foods has it hadn't been proven that foods where responsible. So I'm just going to carry on Has I have been since diagnosis and reduce protein carbs and go low fat and see what happens,then take it from their. I just needed those kind words and support much appreciated. Kathleen

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well it depends this morning I took my first reading with one meter it was 5.2 then I changed to my new meter -exactly the same meter -it was 6.2 took reading again with new Meyer it was 5.8 so I’m picking 5.2 it’s my favourite reading diabetic review today

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Freema you may feel like a lone wolf but with us here you cannot stop us all from being a little bit worried for you. We all care for you and don't want to see you not doing well. We are not trying to interfere but I know I speak for all of us when I say we really all do care and care very much. I guess you are just stuck with us like it or not. We are your virtual extended family :) I hope that whatever is causing you stress eases for you.

By the way your HbA1c is absolutely fantastic and must have taken loads of work. Really, really well done.

Actually I expected my HbA1c to be in the forties because I had been eating very sinful for a very long period like 4 month and it must be my added muscles that does the main work here ... so not really hard work : I have been eating more than 200 grams in average Daily and the bad thing is I have also gained 12 kg in the same period so I need to change again back to a diet where I dont gain so less fruit and sugar and also less fat

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I call it brass monkey weather. ( if you are of a sensitive nature dont ask why. LOL )
Never mind the brass monkeys...when the cat refuses to go out...though he's desperate...and the dog won't put his lead on...even for a gravy bone...time to stay in...too cold for me...although need to go out to get for logs for the fire...could someone go out & warm the car up for me?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Frosty? It was absolutely freezing when I left home. I was out with my doggie at 5.30am and she was not at all happy.
Don't be soft quicken your speed it will warm you up,I was out early this morning with my two dogs it was chilly but I walked a little faster and was fine.What do the young one say, your mesh! I'm not sure I've got it right but something along those lines. Ha ha!! K

D

Diabeticliberty

Don't be soft quicken your speed it will warm you up,I was out early this morning with my two dogs it was chilly but I walked a little faster and was fine.What do the young one say, your mesh! I'm not sure I've got it right but something along those lines. Ha ha!! K

You are of course absolutely correct, well nearly correct. I am NESH not mesh. We have just got back from our evening jaunt and today's combined running and walking effort amounts to just over 13 miles. The hound is only a bambino and still ramping herself up for a life of gundog stuff. I on the other hand am a tired old buzzard and just wanna doss in my smoking jacket drinking whisky. She is joining me tomorrow clay pigeon shooting with a good friend. Let's see what the little blonde terrorist makes of this little venture.

D

Diabeticliberty

Hyvää huomenta teille kaikille herkullisimmille diabeettisille kurpikoille. As it's the weekend I have already started drinking heavily. In a 4.00am drunken stupor it seemed a perfectly reasonable idea to have a go at a do it yourself tattoo on the middle of my forehead using a fountain pen and an old syringe. I had tried to draw a snake with a dagger but unfortunately I am not the most wonderful artist in the world. I just ended up with a blue black splodge that looks like 3.4 if you screw up your eyes. My blood sugar share 3.4mmols. I am now on my to the walk in centre for a tetanus injection. Have a great day folks whatever you are doing. I am walking my dog and the looking up a very old friend and we are going clay pigeon shooting. Should be a very good day I hope :)