What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HelenHak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi@ziggy_w
It would be wonderful to get a good nights sleep but cold or no cold I rarely do sleep well, can't see much chance at moment sleeping propped up has I can't breathe with this cold. I suffer all year rhinitis anyway but not been has bad this year for some reason and another, but nose and airways blocked I've used my sea spray but not helping has yet. Will probably get mid week before I'm feeling something like. But thank you for the crossed fingers. K

The sea spray does take a while to clear you out. At first I was using it 3-4 times a day. Now very rarely. Just when I feel bungled up. Hope you're better soon.

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.0 today

a little bit higher than usual for me but I was awake a couple of hours earlier and lay dozing and then forgot and drank some of a cup of tea before testing :( so I'm putting it down to that though I had a bit more protein yesterday than usual ;) (Yummy roast pork!)

I'm trying to tweak my food intake up a bit now I'm getting to a reasonable weight and balancing things is a bit of a task isn't it after having a very good idea of exactly what I could/would eat to have a small calorie deficit?

Balancing things for the long term is the new task :) looking in the mirror and seeing myself half the size I was is still a bit of a surprise some days :happy:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning everyone
Been lied here awake since 2 am BG today 5.7
They say feed a cold so I broke my usual fasting and had a supper around 8 pm two small slices toasted fruit loaf with butter cup of tea.K
Weather horrible raining! Got an appointment at the vets with Elle this morning,not urgent may cancel and rearrange still under the weather with this cold don't feel I want to go out in this after staying in over weekend to keep warm. Hope I've not got it for much longer. K
Get well soon Granny.

Reactions: ziggy_w and pavlosn

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9f310d8df70c1a71494db388973dd821.jpg

Weather dark and gloomy here too though sun did break through briefly this morningn long enough for me to shot this photo. The dramatically lid landscapes (the back garden in this case) against broody skies are amongst my favorite photos.

Hope you are better soon @
Granny_grump

D

Diabeticliberty

Can anybody watch the spectacle! K

Kathleen me darlin' you were right when you said I was nesh. I just couldn't go through with it. The dutiful diabetic does not take chances with their feet. With this in mind my doggie went completely nude and I went out in only a pair of leopard skin print carpet slippers. My podiatrist will love me forever more :)

D

Diabeticliberty

My wife has just pulled back the curtains. Its dull very cloudy and most likely cold. And I have the family car pool ( four cars ) to wash this morning.

Please ensure that you wear rubber gloves. If not the skin on your fingers will go really wrinkly with all the soap and water. That will really ruin your blood testing finger :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

5.0 today

a little bit higher than usual for me but I was awake a couple of hours earlier and lay dozing and then forgot and drank some of a cup of tea before testing :( so I'm putting it down to that though I had a bit more protein yesterday than usual ;) (Yummy roast pork!)

I'm trying to tweak my food intake up a bit now I'm getting to a reasonable weight and balancing things is a bit of a task isn't it after having a very good idea of exactly what I could/would eat to have a small calorie deficit?

Balancing things for the long term is the new task :) looking in the mirror and seeing myself half the size I was is still a bit of a surprise some days :happy:
Your numbers look good compared to mine,geefull.....I've reached my target weight,so have been tweaking the carbs to see how things go.My morning readings are a wee bit high,so I'll have a re think............. I still look in the mirror and wonder who this little granny is with the white hair.She reminds me of my mother when she was an old lady.It can't be me because in my head I'm in my thirties!;)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Kathleen

My only contribution to the Christmas decorations was taking the photographs.

1634923101017d3ec057609fa7825e8e.jpg

It's a bit embarrassing to admit but we pay for someone to come and decorate our trees. My wife and I both work long hours and have neither the time or the patience to do this ourselves.

066ab0bdade66785d8b0ac490fdf960f.jpg

Yes, we have two Christmas trees the more formal one in the front room and more fun one for the living room.
d863c5787fea4dbeac9c5153ec57efa9.jpg

My wife has some funny ideas sometimes.

ac2ea71b199bc043705792a72c70c6d7.jpg

But I have to admit the house does look spectacular over Christmas.

But for me right now is too soon to be drowning in Christmas spirit

Pavlos

Your house looks full of Christmas spirit not the drinking kindHaha!! Its absolutely fabulous,and I love the fireplace, not started on ours yet but I love doing the tree and window decorations,but I have loads of time since retiring. Sometimes too much. Have a lovely day Pav. K

Reactions: pavlosn