Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is Smashing news! Today is a Good Day, well done.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks all it's good to start the week with good news I am chuffed.:)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely fabulous, @JohnEGreen . Nobody could deny you haven't worked every step of the way to acjieve that result.

There's only one person who can do those hard yards. You seem to be ticking off those complications.

Again, well done.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@walnut_face and @Bluetit1802 Thanks I hope it helps encourage others that with persistence in BS control you can improve your situation

It's an important message and (as you stressed yesterday) a strong argument in favor of self-testing. If you don't mind my asking, in what BG/control context did the (now-gone) normal retinopathy appear?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
To start with I had retinopathy when diagnosed and on two subsequent screenings since then Over the intervening time I have been able to bring my blood sugars into the normal range and keep them there within reason bringing my HbA1c down to 35 it had been said on here that it is possible to reverse retinopathy by constantly keeping levels and spikes to a minimum which I have tried to do over the last year or so, this meant testing was necessary for me any way. the last two screenings before this one still shew retinopathy to be present, almost felt like giving up but with some good advise and support from members I persisted so after keeping low blood sugar levels for the las year I'm now clear of it, mind you I'm not fooling myself into a false sense of security if I don't maintain control it may be a different story this time next year. I hope this helps clarify things a little yes good control in order to help has to be maintained things don't improve over night it's taken me aboutr two years but it feels good now a small victory maybe in the scheme of things, but massive for me.

I must add it was possited on her some while ago that you really need to keep spikes below 6.8 that is what I striven for not always succeeding had my ups and downs as it where but you keep plugging away.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just received a letter in the post result normal retinopathy gone. :D

One less complication to worry about.
Funnily, I've just got mine through the door saying normal for retinopathy.
But I need my eyes testing again as my distance is getting just as bad as my reading sight! Need glasses for both or varifocals.
Can't afford them! Hoping to find a deal somehow!

Anyway, well done mate!

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must add it was possited on her some while ago that you really need to keep spikes below 6.8 that is what I striven for not always succeeding had my ups and downs as it where but you keep plugging away.

Thank you very much. I am so glad for you, and you have also helped me in figuring a few things out.

At the very least, it has prompted me to add a new argument for when I personally would start self-testing: "At the very first whiff of a diabetic complication." The more cautious among us would add: "Even if you have no whiff of such, test anyway, to reduce the chance it will ever happen."