What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all. 5..3 today. Lowest for ages. I babysat for 2 grandchildren last night and didnt get to bed until 3.30 this morning. Had 2 yoghurts when I got home. Maybe I should do that every day!

Hope you all have a great day.

@Kentoldlady1 You've picked the wrong name on here Kentoldlady and able to keep up with the young ones 3.30am only seen that time when I couldn't get to sleep from my bed! Haha! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
3.9 this morning one day I’ll understand this Bg malarkey just not sure when

@Goacher55 totally agree when you think BG will be ok they are not and when it's the opposite they turn out fine, Complicated to say the least. K

Reactions: Ymdawd

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning. My BG at 7am was exactly 6.0. Waiting for my breakfast, and a little more resting afterwards. Not sleeping super well through the night.
Hi @lxarix their are so many people on here me included who don't sleep well if I manage to get to sleep when I go to bed the need for bathroom during night usually wakes me up and then no more sleep It's so debilitating at times, I usually get around three nights without much sleep then crash out,I though at first it was just me taking after my mother she was the same but reading about others on here it does seem we are definitely not on our own! K

D

Diabeticliberty

Hi @lxarix their are so many people on here me included who don't sleep well if I manage to get to sleep when I go to bed the need for bathroom during night usually wakes me up and then no more sleep It's so debilitating at times, I usually get around three nights without much sleep then crash out,I though at first it was just me taking after my mother she was the same but reading about others on here it does seem we are definitely not on our own! K

It is difficult to enjoy your sleep when your puppy bursts into your bedroom at 3.00am, plonks herself down on your bed and starts snoring loudly. Try to shift her and you get the really big , really soppy eyes 'Awwwwwww don't move me dad. You know that I love you zillions'

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BG this morning 5.9
Only had half lemon juice in water until brunch at 11 am tested before food was 6.7
2hours after food BG 6.0
1slice whole grain bread 2 thin slices smoked bacon 1 egg and 2 mushrooms cup coffee. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It is difficult to enjoy your sleep when your puppy bursts into your bedroom at 3.00am, plonks herself down on your bed and starts snoring loudly. Try to shift her and you get the really big , really soppy eyes 'Awwwwwww don't move me dad. You know that I love you zillions'
Hi Diabeticliberty our dogs can't jump on bed not big enough haha! But I still couldn't have them in bedroom I don't sleep much anyway but our Elle's snoring is deafening so no way. But no exactly what you mean about soppy eyes. K

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Some nights I do sleep well. But than I wake up through the night and it is a challenge to get back to sleep. I sometimes wake up hungry in which case a small snack can tided things over. I love sleeping well, and it is frustrating when I don’t. It is comforting to know for sure that we are not alone. I hope you’re doing well.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @Diabeticliberty,

I know where you are coming from. They can break our hearts, can't they?

Last year, the cat often used to sleep on the bed and curled up in the hollow of my knees. If I dared to turn around to sleep on my other side, she got up, moved to the bottom of the bed and started slapping my feet. I often had to laugh so hard and it was really difficult to get upset with her because it was so funny. Anyway, I didn't have the heart to kick her off the bed.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Some nights I do sleep well. But than I wake up through the night and it is a challenge to get back to sleep. I sometimes wake up hungry in which case a small snack can tided things over. I love sleeping well, and it is frustrating when I don’t. It is comforting to know for sure that we are not alone. I hope you’re doing well.
Hi lxarix I've got a nasty cold at the moment not been outside since Saturday but I'm sure when it's cleared up I'll be fine, not usually ill just wither coughs and colds sometimes it goes to my chest and causes nasty infections that's why I've stayed at home don't want anything worse just before Christmas,theirs too much to do. Any plans for Christmas we usually relax has hubby only gets Christmas Day and Boxing Day off, family calls round for food and drinks but I don't do the whole family thing for Christmas dinner anymore there are far too many of them. Take care of yourself and keep warm it's so cold where you live,but it's suppose to be -2C this week here so I'll stay put in house thank you.! Kathleen

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi lxarix I've got a nasty cold at the moment not been outside since Saturday but I'm sure when it's cleared up I'll be fine, not usually ill just wither coughs and colds sometimes it goes to my chest and causes nasty infections that's why I've stayed at home don't want anything worse just before Christmas,theirs too much to do. Any plans for Christmas we usually relax has hubby only gets Christmas Day and Boxing Day off, family calls round for food and drinks but I don't do the whole family thing for Christmas dinner anymore there are far too many of them. Take care of yourself and keep warm it's so cold where you live,but it's suppose to be -2C this week here so I'll stay put in house thank you.! Kathleen
One remember one year I got very sick right at Christmas, it was probably a flu of some kind. My parents at the time would host a Christmas Eve dinner, party, for our extended family, but I was so sick that I only last half an hour before I had to go back to bed. Then Christmas Day, I wound up missing the dinner at my aunt’s house I was still so sick.

I hope you get better soon. It is no fun being sick at all.

Reactions: ziggy_w
D

Diabeticliberty

Hi @Diabeticliberty,

I know where you are coming from. They can break our hearts, can't they?

Last year, the cat often used to sleep on the bed and curled up in the hollow of my knees. If I dared to turn around to sleep on my other side, she got up, moved to the bottom of the bed and started slapping my feet. I often had to laugh so hard and it was really difficult to get upset with her because it was so funny. Anyway, I didn't have the heart to kick her off the bed.

Hey Ziggy, cats rule the world. I used to have a Persian called Dave and he was a right filthy little beast. Always had old food stuck to his flat as a pancake face. He used to sleep above my head, snoring and drooling in my hair. He was also a really grumpy little spud but my then wife and i both loved him to death. When he died it took us both 12 months to get over.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 is by the way not great for me, but that said the next 1-2 weeks I´ll try to do without my metformin, just to know how much that´ll raise my numbers and if my eczema will go away when my kidneys don´t have to fight with the metformin.. my hand-eczema is really bad at the moment , and not even when my diabetes was totally uncontrolled did I have eczema.. so I´ll give it a try to see if my hands/skin get better. I do expect my morning numbers to be around 7 mmol then... My GP will anyway take the metformin from me if I stay in an area of an HbA1c of 34 .... so..i might just try to do without it anyway...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.2 is by the way not great for me, but that said the next 1-2 weeks I´ll try to do without my metformin, just to know how much that´ll raise my numbers and if my eczema will go away when my kidneys don´t have to fight with the metformin.. my hand-eczema is really bad at the moment , and not even when my diabetes was totally uncontrolled did I have eczema.. so I´ll give it a try to see if my hands/skin get better. I do expect my morning numbers to be around 7 mmol then... My GP will anyway take the metformin from me if I stay in an area of an HbA1c of 34 .... so..i might just try to do without it anyway...
Hi Freema wish you well hope leaving out the metformin works for you, eczema is terrible, your BG numbers are not at all bad in my book but we are all different, good luck Kathleen

D

Diabeticliberty

Guten Morgen und Hallo an euch alle und möge jeder von euch wie ein Audi durch Technik vorankommen. Waking number is 9.5mmols after correcting a really crazy hypo at 2.00am. I have also overslept so must avoid my customary morning silliness. Have a great day all :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Guten Morgen und Hallo an euch alle und möge jeder von euch wie ein Audi durch Technik vorankommen. Waking number is 9.5mmols after correcting a really crazy hypo at 2.00am. I have also overslept so must avoid my customary morning silliness. Have a great day all :)
Same here mr d must be something in the air hope alls well

Last edited: