1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Glenmac

Glenmac Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Diabeticliberty Yes,lovely bread.One of the joys of being retired is having time for these things.When we both worked life was far too stressful for home baked bread.His latest purchase (and new toy) is a bread machine........trouble is the smell of baking bread is always very tempting.Id post you a parcel but it wouldn't be the same without that fresh smell!!!My contribution is making the low carb crackers we both like, and I can eat without a guilty conscience!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Goacher55

Goacher55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.9 at 8:30

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
  3. Goacher55

Goacher55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa having struggled to lose 3 stone since changing to insulin I’ve managed to put on 2.5 stone agIn I’m incredibly frustrated but never give in. Talking to my gp I wouldn’t have minded putting the weight on if I’d gone on a 3 month all inclusive . I keep trying trying to balance low Bg and losing weight

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. xlisa23x

xlisa23x Type 2 · Active Member

It very frustrating and I did give up for a few weeks but I'm gonna try n get on track again.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

Unfortunately have run out of test strips till later today so have not one iota of a clue as to my fbg this morning.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Diabeticliberty

Diabeticliberty · Guest

Hey we all slip, me more than the rest of you put together. My whole life is one slip after another. In your own case you have lost it once and can of course lose it again :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HelenHak

HelenHak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.3 High for me but had long lie in, so maybe DP?

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diabeticliberty

Diabeticliberty · Guest

Can you get some more fairly handy?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Bubbsie they are a lovely dog wouldn't be without them but they do take some looking after it's the folds and flat face with breathing problems,we have to be careful when we have sunny days winter included they cannot go for long walks and even short ones when it's warm are out of the question,they suit me Has I don't do much long walking anymore but if you like walking with your dog don't get a pug has cute and lovely Has they are!K
    A bit of good information my vet gave me before we bought Louie look for big wide nostrils,straight legs we did and Louie is much better than Elle she has terrible breathing problems but we rescued her, we have had rescued dogs for 37 years boxer yorkies now a pug we loved them all!K

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Caught mine at 3.5 mr d so wasnt to bad swig of luco and a couple of digeztives at silly oclock but still got headache finishing work at 2 so not to bad

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 2
  11. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Have a good day peeps

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. Ixarix

Ixarix Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My morning BG right now is 5.4. Hope you’re all having a good day.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  13. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Harry can be walked for miles in the Autumn & Winter...although does suffer in the summer...he's very fit for a bulldog...not too much fat on him,...good solid boy...despite all their problems...have such a soft spot for pugs...Pekinese & bulldogs...they have such great characters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Pugs are like Harry autumn winter they love a walk I used to take Louie on my 2hour walks when he was younger. But a few years back he collapsed when I was out with him frightened me to death so now it's short walks and only when it's cool early mornings and evenings.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Well done Mr.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. Nicksu

Nicksu Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.7 this morning. And one piece of good news. Mum who had a HBAC1 last year of 48, has now been rechecked. After a stone weight loss and a year later, she is now at 43. Result! And all from a change in diet (i.e. no cakes to eat in the house). Well done mum!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  17. Ymdawd

Ymdawd Type 2 · Well-Known Member

BG of 7.3 at 2am. Am up early since I have a long drive up to Tain in Scottish Highland. Have looked at traffic webcams and we have heavy snow falling as i write this. Should be fun. Thank goodness i have heated seats in my Honda CRZ. At least the important parts of me wont be freezing. Have a good day people

• Like Like x 10
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. HarryBeau

Take care in that snow...not one of my favourite things for driving...had heated seats in my Saab (loved that car)...the first time I used them...the ex's 'important parts' got warm very quickly...for a brief moment he was worried he'd peed himself.:)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. HarryBeau

Morning...wide awake at 4am...could have been the roaring winds...plus the anxiety of hoping the roof stayed intact!...off to the anti-coagulation clinic this morning...see if I can get those INR levels balanced...fingers crossed...ooh...this coffee tastes good.

• Like Like x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Diabeticliberty

Diabeticliberty · Guest

Të gjithë unë përse të mos marrë të gjithë mua nuk mund të shihni se unë jam një diabet tip 1. Inspired by @Ymdawd snowy Highland adventure I scraped all of the frost from my freezer this morning took,into my garden and made myself a snowman. When competed he turned to me and said your waking blood sugars are 3.4mmols and please tell me can you smell carrots?

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook