Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
7.0 today this cold is really taking it on me I feel exhausted
I know exactly how you feel I've been the same since weekend keep warm plenty drinks and cold remedies tablets and hope your soon on the mend.K

Reactions: bigjim19

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG today 5.8
My cold symptoms seem to be subsiding a little got another good nights sleep last night and that certainly helps your body fight bugs,so hopefully I should be on the mend from here on. Thanks for all your well wishes your all so kind, take care and wrap up warm. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.8 at 0800.
And i have a cold too. :grumpy:
We have same BG 5.8 readings this morning and The Cold just keep in and keep warm take some cold remedies and plenty drinks, I'm hopefully on my way to recovery today feel better than I have done since weekend but I've managed two good nights sleep and that has certainly helped. Hope your soon on the mend give it a few days,look after yourself. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.7 this morning. I didn't get out of bed till 11.30 as I have some sort of lurgy

Hi OrsonKartt
The bugs are surely spreading a few other with colds it's the time of year for them! Hope you don't come down with any more luthiers than a cold. K

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
I know exactly how you feel I've been the same since weekend keep warm plenty drinks and cold remedies tablets and hope your soon on the mend.K

Nice thoughts thank you ! unfortunately got to go to work also have a viewing on my house last person withdrew their offer as they couldn’t sell

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi OrsonKartt
The bugs are surely spreading a few other with colds it's the time of year for them! Hope you don't come down with any more luthiers than a cold. K
Hi just read my post it's come out with some wrong spellings but they where correct when I posted, luthiers was lergies K. BG today 5.8

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

13.6 fasting today. Not sure what's going on at the moment. It's been over 10 daily for a while. Even pre-dinner which was in the 5s and 6s has been in the 7s and 8s recently. Not sure whether it's related to the flu jab I had about 10 days ago. That said, I'm very stressed with work at the moment.

Trying to keep the carbs under control, last A1c was 52, expecting 60 or more this time - got my annual review on 5th Dec and my eye screening on 29th Nov.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
yes but it does make eating more strickt ....
I hope I can manage eating so few carbs
I'm struggling with breakfast again. Dietician has advised porriage and banana?!?! I think she was having a bad day. She doesn't normally. Bless her. I think I've court her on a bad day.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm struggling with breakfast again. Dietician has advised porriage and banana?!?! I think she was having a bad day. She doesn't normally. Bless her. I think I've court her on a bad day.
porridge and banana... hah that is almost pure carbs.... yes we don´t get much help from the professionals

my sister has suggested to mix chia-seeds with oat; 1 spoonfuls of chia and 2-3 spoonfuls of oat..
I´ll shift the ratio to 2 of each kinds and then only eat it once or twice a week.. and also mix 1 or 2 spoonfuls of coconut oil and then half a spoonful of cinnamon (to help lower blood glucose) all the fibres in the chia seeds and oat will be great.I do sometimes sprinkle some raisins on top too . depending on how high my morning number already is.-how many carbs are your maximum for breakfast ?

Last edited: