What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG this morning was 6.1
What an eventful day yesterday was two pharmacist diagnosed that I had what appeared to look like Lyme Disease from a bite on my leg just over a week ago,they advised I see a doctor straight away but has usual no appointments. So I was advised to go to the local hospital waited to see doctor bout 2 hours told him about the bite and how I'd not been well for last week he looked at it and wasn't sure it was Lymes and didn't want to put me on antibiotics that would make me sickly.
So off I went with some cortisone cream to put on it,then on my way home he phoned me to say has two pharmacies had thought it was Lymes if I felt worse over weekend either come back to hospital or go to see my gp on Monday.
It's left me in quite a bit of a worry has not knowing much about Lymes I've found out it can be very serious if not treated early so I'm off for a third opinion later this morning. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning ...6.6 this morning,very cold here and snow on the ground.We are going to need to light the log burner today!:)....have a good weekend.
Hi Glenmac it's freezing here as well but raining that's a bit better than snow! K Have a good weekend keep warmK

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5 for me. Volunteering today at the local hospicecare shop and can you believe the nearby bacon sausage and egg for breakfast shop is not open on Saturdays
Think of your BG levels you will get without the barm your breakfast would have beeen on! Haha K

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it can be serious if untreated.Glad you are getting another opinion. Take care and keep warm.@Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @bulkbiker
I've got my lipids results finally from my doctors so here goes hope the photo attachment is clear enough for you to see!K

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 138

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Goacher55 I cannot find your post but both you and Glenmac have also said I need to get another opinion so I'm off to see one of the joined practice doctors in our area this morning will try and get to the bottom of it. When you read what Lymes can do,it's frightening so I want to find out, do you know if there is a blood test that would confirm if it is or not,I've read there is so why wouldn't they just do that rather than keep guessing? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes it can be serious if untreated.Glad you are getting another opinion. Take care and keep warm.@Granny_grump_
@Glenmac all the photos I've seen on line looks like my leg bite I'm getting a little more concerned that the doctor didn't treat it surely antibiotics was better than leaving me without any treatment he said it was infected so why just give me some cortisone cream and then phone me to make sure I come back if I get any worse! The great British NHS eh! K

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone else read Diabeticlibertys post that he is leaving the forum?Have I missed something?....it's on a new thread And it's goodbye from.....??

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ziggy_w just feel sad,he brightens all our mornings with his humour,but can be serious and encouraging when needed.Hope he will change his mind.
@Diabeticliberty please stay,we need your humour on here.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
BG this morning was 6.1
What an eventful day yesterday was two pharmacist diagnosed that I had what appeared to look like Lyme Disease from a bite on my leg just over a week ago,they advised I see a doctor straight away but has usual no appointments. So I was advised to go to the local hospital waited to see doctor bout 2 hours told him about the bite and how I'd not been well for last week he looked at it and wasn't sure it was Lymes and didn't want to put me on antibiotics that would make me sickly.
So off I went with some cortisone cream to put on it,then on my way home he phoned me to say has two pharmacies had thought it was Lymes if I felt worse over weekend either come back to hospital or go to see my gp on Monday.
It's left me in quite a bit of a worry has not knowing much about Lymes I've found out it can be very serious if not treated early so I'm off for a third opinion later this morning. K
oooo kathleen i hope everything is ok and yes you go and get your third opinion today fingers crossed for you xx:)

Reactions: Granny_grump_

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone else read Diabeticlibertys post that he is leaving the forum?Have I missed something?....it's on a new thread And it's goodbye from.....??
where abouts is it glenmac cant find it this forum wouldnt be the same without mr d :(

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
oooo kathleen i hope everything is ok and yes you go and get your third opinion today fingers crossed for you xx:)
Hi @ katen8967
I'm off to see this doctor at another practice in our area in about half an hour, but on reading about Lymes it may be too soon for the symptoms to come out apart from this bullseye bite on my leg. It's definitely changed again since yesterday even if it turns out not to be Lymes apparently it's difficult to diagnose I'm going to insist on the antibiotics has this in the early stages is the best of outcomes. Wish me luck. K