What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi @ katen8967
I'm off to see this doctor at another practice in our area in about half an hour, but on reading about Lymes it may be too soon for the symptoms to come out apart from this bullseye bite on my leg. It's definitely changed again since yesterday even if it turns out not to be Lymes apparently it's difficult to diagnose I'm going to insist on the antibiotics has this in the early stages is the best of outcomes. Wish me luck. K
Karen what's this about Diabeticliberty leaving surety not! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @ katen8967
I'm off to see this doctor at another practice in our area in about half an hour, but on reading about Lymes it may be too soon for the symptoms to come out apart from this bullseye bite on my leg. It's definitely changed again since yesterday even if it turns out not to be Lymes apparently it's difficult to diagnose I'm going to insist on the antibiotics has this in the early stages is the best of outcomes. Wish me luck. K
I wish you every luck k let me know how you get on

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope not k mr d makes my day when im feeling down he always makes me chuckle and at times has given me some really good advice an information x

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Glenmac and @karen8967,

I have just tried to pm @Diabeticliberty and it seems that he has already left the forum for good as I received a message that he couldn't be found as a recipient. I am very, very saddened and am even crying right now. Yes, he was funny and lifted everyone's spirits, but he was also very, very caring.

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

I have just tried to pm @Diabeticliberty and it seems that he has already left the forum for good as I received a message that he couldn't be found as a recipient. I am very, very saddened and am even crying right now. Yes, he was funny and lifted everyone's spirits, but he was also very, very caring.
@ziggy_w did he give any reasons for leaving Ziggy!k

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Cannot believe he would just up and go without a good reason,we were having a laugh with each other only yesterday K

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning everyone
BG this morning was 6.1
What an eventful day yesterday was two pharmacist diagnosed that I had what appeared to look like Lyme Disease from a bite on my leg just over a week ago,they advised I see a doctor straight away but has usual no appointments. So I was advised to go to the local hospital waited to see doctor bout 2 hours told him about the bite and how I'd not been well for last week he looked at it and wasn't sure it was Lymes and didn't want to put me on antibiotics that would make me sickly.
So off I went with some cortisone cream to put on it,then on my way home he phoned me to say has two pharmacies had thought it was Lymes if I felt worse over weekend either come back to hospital or go to see my gp on Monday.
It's left me in quite a bit of a worry has not knowing much about Lymes I've found out it can be very serious if not treated early so I'm off for a third opinion later this morning. K
Hope you are ok.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@karen8967 Just worried that he's ok Karen,and feeling sad.Hope you can get in touch with him and persuade him to re consider.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
:)
@dogslife Hi dogslife my heart goes out to you both from reading others posts I now understand where your coming from with your mum,a few years ago I had this problem with my father in law vascular dementia not nice and no matter how I struggled with work and looking after him his wife my mother in law had died a few months before he was diagnosed he never used to remember me calling on him or doing anything for him it was really hard and upsetting at times to get through to him.
Because they don't remember how much you do for them but we would beat ourselves up if we didn't do it. But and it is a big but we too have to think of what it's doing to us and sometimes you know you have to find help for them because they will never be able to make that decision themselves.

It the most cruelest illness it really is, but please seek help you could still depending on your mums level of dementia still have her stay in her home but get some day care for her then it gives you some respite once or twice a week.Any help you can get is better than none,speak with your doctors and they should be able to advice where to go to discuss your options it's not all bad so much more help out their if you know where to go for it. And depends on what you decide it can be funded with allowances for her and managed by you to help pay others to do some of the care in her home. Hope this is of some help to you, regards Kathleen
Many thanks again,Granny_grump. It's so kind of you to bother. I know that you are right in everything you say. It is so very hard to take that first step as mum is so against it and I'm afraid of making things more stressful for her as she is anxious enough as it is. I have mentioned the situation to our GP and practice nurses but they can't do anything unless my mum presents herself and requests their help. The situation varies from day to day and just as I feel the need to ask for a Social Services assessment she settles and is fine. Apologies to everyone for being off topic but I am very grateful for the support I've received.:)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @bulkbiker
I've got my lipids results finally from my doctors so here goes hope the photo attachment is clear enough for you to see!K
Hi Kathleen
Well according to what I think (other opinions are out there...)
Your numbers for Trig/HDL ratio at 0.75 are ideal
HDL numbers are optimal!
Trigs are normal so if you are happy to just look at those then you are doing great.
The calculator I use does say that your overall number is high (but we know that the overall number is meaningless) so I wouldn't be fretting about that although your doctor may.. And your LDL numbers are also high but ths calc doesn;t make the distinction between likely particle size (people with Trig /HDL ratios like ours have the nice LDL particles and less of the small ones) so again I wouldn't be concerned.
This is the calculator I use (you put in 3 numbers and it calculates the fourth and gives you an opinion!)
I put in your total Chol, HDL and trigs.
http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning everyone
BG this morning was 6.1
What an eventful day yesterday was two pharmacist diagnosed that I had what appeared to look like Lyme Disease from a bite on my leg just over a week ago,they advised I see a doctor straight away but has usual no appointments. So I was advised to go to the local hospital waited to see doctor bout 2 hours told him about the bite and how I'd not been well for last week he looked at it and wasn't sure it was Lymes and didn't want to put me on antibiotics that would make me sickly.
So off I went with some cortisone cream to put on it,then on my way home he phoned me to say has two pharmacies had thought it was Lymes if I felt worse over weekend either come back to hospital or go to see my gp on Monday.
It's left me in quite a bit of a worry has not knowing much about Lymes I've found out it can be very serious if not treated early so I'm off for a third opinion later this morning. K
Hope they get things sorted quickly for you, Granny_ grump. Let us know how you get on. :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Kathleen
Well according to what I think (other opinions are out there...)
Your numbers for Trig/HDL ratio at 0.75 are ideal
HDL numbers are optimal!
Trigs are normal so if you are happy to just look at those then you are doing great.
The calculator I use does say that your overall number is high (but we know that the overall number is meaningless) so I wouldn't be fretting about that although your doctor may.. And your LDL numbers are also high but ths calc doesn;t make the distinction between likely particle size (people with Trig /HDL ratios like ours have the nice LDL particles and less of the small ones) so again I wouldn't be concerned.
This is the calculator I use (you put in 3 numbers and it calculates the fourth and gives you an opinion!)
I put in your total Chol, HDL and trigs.
http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php
Hi @bulkbiker ThankYou so much i have given in to doctors about 2 weeks ago and I'm on Atorvastatin20 mg, but it is my intention to come off these when it gets more in range so they don't keep on at me. I have just been put on some very strong antibiotics has a precautionary measure for Lymes Disease the bite is in the early stages and I would have to wait upto 30 days to be sure one way or the other. So the doctor says better safe than sorry and prescribed antibiotics and I cannot take my statin for next two weeks has it can cause liver damage taken with this other capsule. So hopefully I will be ok but very sick from them,better that than Lymes Disease.K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hope they get things sorted quickly for you, Granny_ grump. Let us know how you get on. :)
Hi dogslife Been to the doctors and has it can take 30 days to be sure if it is Lymes he has started me on the strong antibiotics I would rather this than have Lymes,apparently they will make me quite sickly but still better that the other option. Thank you for your lovely concern much appreciated. K

Reactions: Freema

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @bulkbiker ThankYou so much i have given in to doctors about 2 weeks ago and I'm on Atorvastatin20 mg, but it is my intention to come off these when it gets more in range so they don't keep on at me. I have just been put on some very strong antibiotics has a precautionary measure for Lymes Disease the bite is in the early stages and I would have to wait upto 30 days to be sure one way or the other. So the doctor says better safe than sorry and prescribed antibiotics and I cannot take my statin for next two weeks has it can cause liver damage taken with this other capsule. So hopefully I will be ok but very sick from them,better that than Lymes Disease.K
Good luck and hope it gets sorted out very soon!