What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Nope no nurse ⚕️, just doctor in clinic going back to see him 19 Dec to see if these new meds are working! Also go a contour next one neater coming as my GlucoMen areo is playing up keeps giving errors.............
@rayhigginson
Has you gp not arranged any diabetic nurse appointment for you, this is usually done and we have a review once a year if your type2 and not on insulin,you will also get appointment for podiatrist to check your feet you need to look after them and see a podiatrist if you have any problems with them,and you will also have a retinopathy appointment to check for any bleeding behind the eyes, all of this should be set up for you by your gp or nurse. See your gp as soon Has possible and get him to arrange these for you then you will get regular appointments ever year to keep a check on how your diabetes is being monitored and your health. Keep in touch let me know how you get on at doctors. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning k ive got appointment with dn tomorrow so will prob get sorted hope your feeling better yourself and that your anti biotics arnt having an adverse effect on you
Hi Karen just had my breakfast come lunch 1 toast 2 poached eggs cup tea, my sister rang and said the effects usually start after 3 rd day on the antibiotics,so we will have to see?K

rayhigginson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my feet and eyes checked within 5 weeks of being told I was T2D all came back pucker got very low cholesterol blood pressure goes through the roof only when at the doctors/hospital normal BPM 60 resting 40 exercise 80-120 BPM. Had no other appointments other then what I make with my doc and to be honest the only reason I go back to see him is because of the meds that was doing me more trouble (mood swing headaches bad tummy all the time also the tablets wasn’t even dissolved by the time I had to go!) sorry for being crude) the last year has been a total nightmare since being told I’m diabetic.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Had my feet and eyes checked within 5 weeks of being told I was T2D all came back pucker got very low cholesterol blood pressure goes through the roof only when at the doctors/hospital normal BPM 60 resting 40 exercise 80-120 BPM. Had no other appointments other then what I make with my doc and to be honest the only reason I go back to see him is because of the meds that was doing me more trouble (mood swing headaches bad tummy all the time also the tablets wasn’t even dissolved by the time I had to go!) sorry for being crude) the last year has been a total nightmare since being told I’m diabetic.
Hi @rayhigginson
Sorry for delay in answering you With the help and advice from this site Diabetes need not be a nightmare you and everyone else has to learn how to control it and not let it control you,having said that we are only human and we all have hiccups from time to time but we have to get back into it because diabetes can throw up some awful problems if you don't . Wishing you all the best in this journey we all have to take. Regards Kathleen

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumberland you keeping ok the BG readings are good! K

Considering I was off the top of the meter a year ago gone July
The change in insulin and the DAFNE course plus cutting down on carbs (but not all carbs - I still eat carby foods) has seen me drop from a peak of 59.4 (hospital) to single figure readings

Ok I get the odd double figures and odd hypos now and then but I can’t be perfect nor expect all the time

I’m happier and that’s all that counts right now

Wishing you well Kathleen

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The change in insulin and the DAFNE course plus cutting down on carbs (but not all carbs - I still eat carby foods) has seen me drop from a peak of 59.4 (hospital) to single figure readings

Ok I get the odd double figures and odd hypos now and then but I can’t be perfect nor expect all the time

59.4 I can’t even imagine that...
Your incredible reduction to single figures is amazing.

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. My BG this morning was 5.8. Hope everyone has been doing well, and not getting into to much trouble.;) I’m heading to Toronto again tomorrow. I’m seeing a top neurologist in my country Tuesday to see if they can sort out some weakening I’ve had in my legs and feet. Hopefully it isn’t to serious, and that a course of action can be taken.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Gees cumbs i thought mine was high in the 30s youve done great but us type 1s do need some carbs though

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. My BG this morning was 5.8. Hope everyone has been doing well, and not getting into to much trouble.;) I’m heading to Toronto again tomorrow. I’m seeing a top neurologist in my country Tuesday to see if they can sort out some weakening I’ve had in my legs and feet. Hopefully it isn’t to serious, and that a course of action can be taken.
Goodluck for tomorrow lxarix

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Oooh I love Toronto so jealous not of the neurologist just of going into the city

Reactions: Cumberland

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good luck.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hope it all goes well for you.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Presuming you are on meformin the tummy problems are not a surprise. I once went to a lecture by a consultant diabetologist. Talking about the side effects of metformin he described them as ranging from mild indigestion to explosive diarrhoea ( his words not mine ). Can vouch for that personally until i changed to the sustained release form of metformin