What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all.6.2, but my lovely husband made me some low carb scones. Problem is they are not so low carb if you eat loads. Washed down with red wine!!

Hope you all have a good week.
Not a bad reading for all that enjoyment K

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Prem...never been a lover of Cauliflower...or veggies per se...but...did try it...from the minute I opened the packet...couldn't tolerate it...the smell got to me first I'm afraid..it was all down hill from there...I reverted right back to my childhood...sitting in front of my mother & a plate of veggies...her saying it's good for you...me refusing point blank to eat them...a bit like the 'stand off' in one of those awful old western movies...I never did eat them:yuck::yuck::yuck:.

I'm not over keen on cauliflower rice, although I do eat it. But last time we just had stir fry veg. I get the bamboo and water chestnut ones from asda. Not too high in carbs and quite crunchy! Most of the time I dont miss rice, but I am.finding that the cold dark evenings really reinforce the cravings!!!

I.hate veggies too!! Bit difficult.now!! Yesterday we had baked brussel sprouts. Very nice.

Reactions: Cumberland

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.8 today’s starting number
Got an appointment with the consultant today my first one since I was diagnosed looking forward to meeting him plenty questions
Have a good day people

Good luck with it all. Dont forget to write down all your questions and check.them.off at the end. And I write the answers down as well. Can never process everything when I am sitting in front of them.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

Delivery says log delivery today (was expected last week) and, as luck would have it, it's piddling down and blowing a gale here, never mind, when it comes to weather 'we gets what we gets'

don't think I'll need a walk after we've shifted the delivery though ;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not over keen on cauliflower rice, although I do eat it. But last time we just had stir fry veg. I get the bamboo and water chestnut ones from asda. Not too high in carbs and quite crunchy! Most of the time I dont miss rice, but I am.finding that the cold dark evenings really reinforce the cravings!!!

I.hate veggies too!! Bit difficult.now!! Yesterday we had baked brussel sprouts. Very nice.
Ooh...I am awful with veggies...rarely eat them KOT...always on the look out for new things though...got so excited at my local Tesco Express yesterday...found a pack of two Salted Caramel Chocolate Bombes...checked the carb content (without my reading specs)...convinced it said 6.4 per serving...felt elated...bit like Einstein when he split the atom...couldn't wait to tell everyone I had discovered an absolute gem....be heralded as a heroine... just for reassurance I asked a passing customer to check the carbs on the label too...I was gutted...it said 64...needless to say I put them back .

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Hi@ Kentoldlady1
I was about to suggest to Bubbsie try roasting veg they take on a new flavour, we have roasted Brussels sprouts,and I add garlic bell peppers tiny Chantenay carrots onions both red and yellow ones and top all this off with smoked bacon cut into pieces sprinkle some olive oil over the veg. shake roasting tin to cover them all in the oil,200 deg. Fan oven about an hour, just check them from time to time has it does depend on type of veg you roast has too how long the take to cook.
We had this yesterday with a steak for our evening meal followed by 2 chocolate stollen bites. Yummy K
BG today 5.8 this morning so no spikes lower reading. K

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ooh...I am awful with veggies...rarely eat them KOT...always on the look out for new things though...got so excited at my local Tesco Express yesterday...found a pack of two Salted Caramel Chocolate Bombes...checked the carb content (without my reading specs)...convinced it said 6.4 per serving...felt elated...bit like Einstein when he split the atom...couldn't wait to tell everyone I had discovered an absolute gem....be heralded as a heroine... just for reassurance I asked a passing customer to check the carbs on the label too...I was gutted...it said 64...needless to say I put them back .

At least you found out before you ate them!! :)

Now that I know a great deal more about diet I shudder to think about the amount of carbs I was eating before dx.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi@ Kentoldlady1
I was about to suggest to Bubbsie try roasting veg they take on a new flavour, we have roasted Brussels sprouts,and I add garlic bell peppers tiny Chantenay carrots onions both red and yellow ones and top all this off with smoked bacon cut into pieces sprinkle some olive oil over the veg. shake roasting tin to cover them all in the oil,200 deg. Fan oven about an hour, just check them from time to time has it does depend on type of veg you roast has too how long the take to cook.
We had this yesterday with a steak for our evening meal followed by 2 chocolate stollen bites. Yummy K
BG today 5.8 this morning so no spikes lower reading. K

Like the idea of bacon. Will definitely try that. Are you ok withcarrots and onions?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Like the idea of bacon. Will definitely try that. Are you ok withcarrots and onions?
@Kentoldlady1 I only usually have the chantenay carrots in fresh veg isle in Aldi small carrots and upto now I've been fine and onions always eaten these veg never had a bad spike from them,been having them most of this year. But I'm trying to lower my BG to be in 5s so I cut out most carbs at weekends especially Has I like a little treat. My BG this morning was 5.8
Some mornings for brunch I have 1 whole grain bread toasted with butter and two poached eggs, sometimes I put mushrooms or bacon 1 slice with this. I've only started watching more with the carbs Has I don't want to put the weight back on I was on LCHF for just over a year on and off if I had a holiday away you know how holidays are. But I've lost 4 stone now and feel much better for it,only came off LCHF has my cholesterol has gone up to 7.4.K

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Kentoldlady1 I only usually have the chantenay carrots in fresh veg isle in Aldi small carrots and upto now I've been fine and onions always eaten these veg never had a bad spike from them,been having them most of this year. But I'm trying to lower my BG to be in 5s so I cut out most carbs at weekends especially Has I like a little treat. My BG this morning was 5.8
Some mornings for brunch I have 1 whole grain bread toasted with butter and two poached eggs, sometimes I put mushrooms or bacon 1 slice with this. I've only started watching more with the carbs Has I don't want to put the weight back on I was on LCHF for just over a year on and off if I had a holiday away you know how holidays are. But I've lost 4 stone now and feel much better for it,only came off LCHF has my cholesterol has gone up to 7.4.K
I also do intermittent fasting from evening meal to following day around 10.30 ish to 1 pm depending on how hungry I am,I've not had anything this morning yet just drinks.K