Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Quick Q. Newly diagnosed. I see some mention meds and assume most of you guys are on meds ?

If someone is on meds does it help contribute to a lower morning fasting reading?

Cheers

@Potato_head Here in my signature are links to the Basic Information and Low Carb Program which I hope you will find useful. Ask as many questions as you like and someone will be able to help.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey buddy, isn't 3.9 a bit on the low side? What is a safe level?
morning @Greg1957 , my fasting is usually between 4 and 5 nowadays (I've lost a lot of excess weight), and meters have an allowed error so if my test is below 4.0 I usually err on the side of caution and have a few berries for a quick carb boost and some cheese for slow release. The preferred range is 4 -7 for me as I don't take any diabetes medication, http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
morning @Greg1957 , my fasting is usually between 4 and 5 nowadays (I've lost a lot of excess weight), and meters have an allowed error so if my test is below 4.0 I usually err on the side of caution and have a few berries for a quick carb boost and some cheese for slow release. The preferred range is 4 -7 for me as I don't take any diabetes medication, http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html
I think that you have done brilliantly, like you I hate the obese word, and hope within another couple of weeks to be merely overweight, today is my first 24 hour fast day, I have been doing 18/6 until now. This mornings numbers were my lowest yet, and I look forward to having a 6 first thing. I still take metformin, should I stop this now? Stopped gliclizide on day 1. I was just worried for you that 3.9 could hurt you.