What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
well even worse today 6.5 at 10:30 but must admit I shared a bag of potato chips yesterday evening... but today I am going to clean my house all day.. so guess my blood glucose will get very much lower tomorrow.

hope you are all enjoying the comming christmastime
Hi@Freema when you've finished your cleaning come round to our house and do the same could guarantee your BG would be low after! Haha!! K lovely Father Christmas bye the way!
25465962_559549137719075_870185480_n.jpg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.5 today.

Just heard that the weather will be warming up for the weekend. The forecast says temperatures will be between 7 and 12 degrees -- so no white Xmas. However, after all the snow we had lately, can't say I am too upset.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Down to 6.9 this morning. Also good news from consultant yesterday. Biopsy result benign but to be repeated in 6 months. So far so good. Still in pain but can't have everything! Have a good day one and all. :happy:

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2. just had a callfrom my consultant im to stop my last 7 clicks of lantus. not bad in 6 weeks from 60 plus to zero. im seeing more 4s than ever before.

I had Ketoacidosis last September and was put on insulin for just 13 days when my bg readings went down to the 5s and 6s.

Just taking Metformin now and my bg readings are hitting the 4s and 5s.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Down to 6.9 this morning. Also good news from consultant yesterday. Biopsy result benign but to be repeated in 6 months. So far so good. Still in pain but can't have everything! Have a good day one and all. :happy:

Congratulations!

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had Ketoacidosis last September and was put on insulin for just 13 days when my bg readings went down to the 5s and 6s.

Just taking Metformin now and my bg readings are hitting the 4s and 5s.
5.1 today its my first day insulin free so either im now metformin controlled or im going to get sick will see. over the next couple of days. its odd you sounds very simular to me. but i was told type 2s dont go acidotic. yet another untruth by doctors.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 today its my first day insulin free so either im now metformin controlled or im going to get sick will see. over the next couple of days. its odd you sounds very simular to me. but i was told type 2s dont go acidotic. yet another untruth by doctors.

My doctor thinks I’m actually T1.5 (LADA) so will have GAD tests done end of January!

Anyway my bg readings are considered pre-diabetic at present!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi@paulus1 Hopefully the metformin will work for you and no more insulin,fingers crossed Good Luck! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@dogslife Great news on the biopsy, good luck for future tests! K