Overitdt1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi there, I have recently been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, as in the last couple of weeks. I had the flu jab as recommended and I've come down with the worst cold and flu symptoms. My blood sugars are either sky high or quickly decreasing and I don't know how to keep them "normal". I don't know anything about what to do in this situation, if I'm being over dramatic or if I need to change my insulin doses. FYI I'm 22. Any advice would be really appreciated, feeling pretty defeated.

*edited by a moderator to remove swear word

Last edited by a moderator:

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'm sorry you have flu, seek the advice of your diabetes team. Drink plenty of fluids and take paracetamol regularly to keep your temperature down.
The flu ( infection) will spike your blood sugars, your diabetes care team will advise you what to do with your insulin.
Take care

Overitdt1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I'm sorry you have flu, seek the advice of your diabetes team. Drink plenty of fluids and take paracetamol regularly to keep your temperature down.
The flu ( infection) will spike your blood sugars, your diabetes care team will advise you what to do with your insulin.
Take care
Thank you! Have managed to get through to them today