Tablets (oral)
Reactions: amyruth2000

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Have to be careful on this one as some compare low fat cheese and assume it is interchangeable. It is true that some get increased insulin resistance with full fat cheese, but this appears to be the minority who do LCHF. I tend to use a middle path, when out of dinner I have loads of cheese, but at home in moderation.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dairy is SAID o be very insulinogenic but I’m sure it depends on the kind AND the portions.

Loads of people are dairy intolerant and can’t lose weight while eating it. Some people eat it to gain weight or stop losing.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It was great for my bgs but I never lost any weight eating cheese.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
It was great for my bgs but I never lost any weight eating cheese.
Good lord, you sound like you've had just about everything thrown at you! I have been T2 for several years originally just metftormin but after being diagnosed with polymyalgia about 3 years ago I was prescribed steroids.I wasn't told that it could cause patients to become diabetic or in my case make my diabetes a whole lot worse. I am now using insulin and dulaglutide and my readings are usually around 8 but often more. I have an underactive thyroid due to surgery then radio iodine which is never stable. I also have fibrmyalgia which causes horrendous pain and fatigue plus various other conditions, I'm currently seeing a cardiologist as my heart rate is fast and often misses beats. I am now determined to get my sugars under control and lose weight. I've ordered Michael Mosleys blood sugar recipe book.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good lord, you sound like you've had just about everything thrown at you! I have been T2 for several years originally just metftormin but after being diagnosed with polymyalgia about 3 years ago I was prescribed steroids.I wasn't told that it could cause patients to become diabetic or in my case make my diabetes a whole lot worse. I am now using insulin and dulaglutide and my readings are usually around 8 but often more. I have an underactive thyroid due to surgery then radio iodine which is never stable. I also have fibrmyalgia which causes horrendous pain and fatigue plus various other conditions, I'm currently seeing a cardiologist as my heart rate is fast and often misses beats. I am now determined to get my sugars under control and lose weight. I've ordered Michael Mosleys blood sugar recipe book.
You're practically my twin.
My bmi is about 44 at mo and awaiting bariatric surgery even thou last year I lost nearly 4st.
I'm protein filled cupboards now so xmas carbs just getting finished off. Cheese and variety of jacobs crackers were my fav as I didn't have to toast my normal protein sliced bread to make low carb ones. I had a decent break from all the extra effort of low carbing and keeping strictly on top of bgs by testing 8times a day.
Back to perfection. No rest for the wicked.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What kind of bariatric surgery are you having? I had a gastric band in 2007 and have regretted it ever since. My friend had a gastric sleeve surgery and after losing several stones is back to being over 23 stone. I hope you have a better outcome than we did

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What kind of bariatric surgery are you having? I had a gastric band in 2007 and have regretted it ever since. My friend had a gastric sleeve surgery and after losing several stones is back to being over 23 stone. I hope you have a better outcome than we did
Wow. It seems loads are readding weight.
I think its natural to have a bit bounce back but not 9st worth. I bet your both windering where you go from here. Low carb is good for none diabetics too.

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm doing hflc and things are going really well but my friend is doing the Cambridge diet..800 calories daily made up from 2 sachets of gunk and a low calorie meal
I'm a bit worried as she hasn't told her Cambridge diet consultant that she's diabetic