maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
I am looking for a low carb pancake recipe with ground almonds. Can anyone help me find it?

SugarSpike

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I am looking for a low carb pancake recipe with ground almonds. Can anyone help me find it?

Hi @maria030660
I know you posted a while ago but I have a really good pancake recipe;

1 Egg
28g Almond Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
28g Cream Cheese
Sweetener to taste
Vanilla Extract to taste

Add all ingredients to bowl and mix until smooth, make like normal pancakes (I cook in coconut oil)

Yields 4-5 small 'american' style pancakes

SugarSpike

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone tried 90 second bread recipe? I tried different versions, and it always comes out saggy.

The closest I got was 1 egg, 1 tbsp almond flour, 1/2 tbsp psyllium husk, 1tbs melted butter, and once it's finished I fry it for a minute in a pan and then it turns out a bit crunchier. But the psyllium I use makes it dark brown, and I don't like the taste so much. I tried with coconut flour, with or without psyllium, cream cheese...

I cannot post the link to the recipe (being a new member), but a Google search will give you plenty results.

@ketopaul have you heard of headbangers kitchen on youtube? he has a great 90 sec almond bread recipe, I use it alot now

JenniferG

Five Minute Cheese Puff Pizza -- 2.5g carbs

Serves: 1
Nutritional Information: 2.6g total carbs, 0.2g fiber, 2.4g net carbs, 9.6g protein, 12g fat, 160 calories

INGREDIENTS
Slice of deluxe American cheese (1g carb per slice, made with cream not soybean oil)
(I don't know if this cheese is sold in Europe, but it is a processed slice cheese made with cream & whey)
1 tsp of Zestlicious Pizza Sauce (below)
1 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS
1) microwave single slice of deluxe American cheese for 35 or so seconds, on silicone mat or parchment paper -- silicone mat works best for me.
2) peel off and invert
3) spread on the Zestlicious Pizza Sauce
4) apply the mozzarella, making sure to cover the cheese puff all the way to very edges.
5) broil at 500F for about 3 or so minutes until cheese is browned
6) enjoy!

Zestlicious Pizza Sauce:
6 oz can tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp dried oregeno
1/2 tsp dried basal
1/4 tsp ground cayenne
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil

23li42c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tannedhaggis

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Celeriac dauphinois:

Celeriac
Garlic
Double cream
Herbs :eek:ptional
Grated cheese
Onion : optional

Thinly slice celeriac onion& garlic
Layer in dish
Pour double cream over
Cover with foil
Cook about 30 mins on 200
Sprinkle grated cheese to cover & cook for about 20 mins
Check celeriac soft
Leave uncovered & put in oven to brown top : optional

Toxicblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Can anyone help as being diagnosed T2 December and I am sick of eating no sugar cerials as I don't no what to eat

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can anyone help as being diagnosed T2 December and I am sick of eating no sugar cerials as I don't no what to eat

I guess it's figuring out what you like to eat, and why. If you enjoy the basic taste/texture of cereals, but miss the sweetness, maybe try using an artificial sweetner on unsweetened ones? Or, if your meter doesn't spike, add some dried fruit? They'll have quite a lot of natural sugars, so may have much the same effect as regular cereal.

Or there's alternatives. If you skip the toast and go easy on the beans, a traditional full-english is pretty low carb. Downside is it takes longer to get ready. I don't usually eat breakfast, but there are some timesaving tricks. You can microwave fried eggs in a shallow bowl in 2-3mins. Add a little oil to stop them sticking, and cover to avoid yolk eggsplosions. Or give'em a quick beating with a fork, add salt & pepper and maybe a dash of milk, nuke for 2-3mins and it's quick scrambled eggs. You can also add chopped mushrooms, veg, salmon, bacon or whatever takes your fancy to jazz that up a bit.

Toxicblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for the reply I have switched sugar for canderel and it's the better of most out there, I don't have a blood counter so I don't no my sugar lvls do I ask my doctor for one or buy one?

Toxicblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Am not a breakfast person but it says you have to eat when taking metformin so I try and force a banana down me

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
A new favorite recipe. This is from Brenda Zorn over at Ketogenicforums.com. She does wonders with pork rinds. They are like peanut butter cups with crispies. They do melt and need to be kept refrigerated. I used a low carb chocolate bar instead of making my own chocolate because I can be lazy and then the chocolate doesn’t melt so fast. They are delicious even without added sweetener and very filling.
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/chocolate-peanut-butter-bars-very-low-carb-by-zorn/27602

NEW KETOCANDY BY ZORN
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup finely crushed pork rinds, like pork rind flour
1/2 cup peanut butter. (Be smart and choose a unsweetened non-hydrogenated one)
1 teaspoon almond extract

MIX.
Add sweetener to taste.

MIX AGAIN.

SPREAD/PRESS into a 8x8 pan.
Topping:
Melt part of a 100% cocoa chocolate bar with half as much coconut oil and add liquid sweetener to taste. I used liquid sucralose. Make enough topping to pour/spread on top.
CHILL until set. Cut into squares.
NOM NOM NOM NOM
Cut into 12 squares these are less than 2 grams net carbohydrate each

Reactions: smurph37

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone have any economy chicken recipes?
Economy so depends on what you usually have in your pantry.

Sheet pan chicken fajitas basically requires some peppers and spices
https://asweetlife.org/sheet-pan-chicken-fajitas/

Spiced roasted chicken
https://asweetlife.org/coffee-spiced-roast-chicken/

Breaded and baked with almond flour crust, or you could use crushed pork rinds
I would probably add some spices to the crust.
https://asweetlife.org/low-carb-gluten-free-chicken-milanese-with-almond-flour/

My Mom hated to cook. Her chicken, however, was quite good and easy.
Yes, it’s a just throw it together and cook recipe.

Rinse chicken pieces and place in a shallow pan with water. Maybe 1/4 inch deep (1 cm ?)
Sprinkle with poultry seasoning, garlic salt, and celery salt.
(I never seem to have the celery salt so I do without. You do want a fair amount of seasoning/salt)
Place in 350 degree oven for about 1 hr.

The chicken seems to puff up and absorb moisture from the water while the skin gets crispy.

Don’t forget to make broth and then chicken soup from the bones. Can’t get much more economical than that :)

Reactions: DJC3