Diagnosed at 37 very worries about SEX

MTS1980

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hello all fine people I have just been diagnosed with type 2 I am taking Metformin 500 mg twice doctor will increase the dosage in 3 weeks usually my bg fluctuates between 190 and 230 right now I’m watching my diet and starting excercise smojed for 20 years now I have quit and doing vaping my question is about sex I have kids but I’m very worried sugar will effect my sex life I just want to know when do these symptoms appear how long down the road ? It’s kust been 20 days and I am fine in the bed but read lots of stories on Internet how it makes you suffer from ed so my questions are can I avoid it ? The ed or it’s bound to happen best regards

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If You Control your Sugar Levels Should not be a problem. However worrying about it may on its own effect you performance talk it over with you Doctor. but stop worrying. Que Sera Sera (What Will Be Will Be.)

Dark Horse

Modifiable risk factors for erectile dysfunction include:-
  • sedentary lifestyle - exercise reduces risk
  • obesity - losing weight reduces risk
  • diabetic control - good control of blood sugars and lipids reduces risk
  • hypertension - avoiding high blood pressure through diet and exercise where possible reduces risk (if anti-hypertensives are recommended, discuss worries with GP as some medications can contribute to ED)
  • smoking - giving up reduces risk
  • drinking - keeping to healthy guidelines for alcohol reduces risk

MTS1980

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Modifiable risk factors for erectile dysfunction include:-
  • sedentary lifestyle - exercise reduces risk
  • obesity - losing weight reduces risk
  • diabetic control - good control of blood sugars and lipids reduces risk
  • hypertension - avoiding high blood pressure through diet and exercise where possible reduces risk (if anti-hypertensives are recommended, discuss worries with GP as some medications can contribute to ED)
  • smoking - giving up reduces risk
  • drinking - keeping to healthy guidelines for alcohol reduces risk

V kind

Reactions: Dark Horse

MTS1980

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If You Control your Sugar Levels Should not be a problem. However worrying about it may on its own effect you performance talk it over with you Doctor. but stop worrying. Que Sera Sera (What Will Be Will Be.)

V kind

A

Australia 1

hello all fine people I have just been diagnosed with type 2 I am taking Metformin 500 mg twice doctor will increase the dosage in 3 weeks usually my bg fluctuates between 190 and 230 right now I’m watching my diet and starting excercise smojed for 20 years now I have quit and doing vaping my question is about sex I have kids but I’m very worried sugar will effect my sex life I just want to know when do these symptoms appear how long down the road ? It’s kust been 20 days and I am fine in the bed but read lots of stories on Internet how it makes you suffer from ed so my questions are can I avoid it ? The ed or it’s bound to happen best regards

This is a very Honest question and I am old enough to be your Dad. I am 64. This issue came up about 2 years ago. Chemotherapy started this ED thing and then Diabetes brought it on. Well it so happens that my wife had cervical cancer.

I had 3 shots of Testosterone since last October 2017 and today if I had stainless steel teeth I could strap on that Bad Boy, I could saw Bloody Redwood Tree,s down like the ones in the America,s California Redwoods. Now Philip should use this stuff. But I am dead serious. In America there are more children born because of Hormonal issues like this. Have a blood test done and it is easy to find. Write me an IM.
Sam

Reactions: MTS1980

MTS1980

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is a very Honest question and I am old enough to be your Dad. I am 64. This issue came up about 2 years ago. Chemotherapy started this ED thing and then Diabetes brought it on. Well it so happens that my wife had cervical cancer.

I had 3 shots of Testosterone since last October 2017 and today if I had stainless steel teeth I could strap on that Bad Boy, I could saw Bloody Redwood Tree,s down like the ones in the America,s California Redwoods. Now Philip should use this stuff. But I am dead serious. In America there are more children born because of Hormonal issues like this. Have a blood test done and it is easy to find. Write me an IM.
Sam

Thank you so kind of you I just wanted to know if it is bound to happen in diabetes or one can avoid us there any food besides exercise and great to know ur testerone shots worked so well for u my best for the mrs and your self wishing u a very good health regards

A

Australia 1

Well, I tried to be Comical in the explanation of things and this is not a laughing matter as some would like it to be. It is also not a black and white issue. Diabetes does play a very major role in ED. I want you to know this in a more personal way. I read everybody’s answer to your question 2 Times again. They are all right, in there explanations.

A

Australia 1

After the age of 18, we start down the other side. Hair growing in ears and your nose and your Skin Changes etc. What!!!!!!! This is not real. I really thought this. You are 37 years old. It is arterial and blood related and stressing yourself over this is no good. You have 45 years, but yes Diabetes does affect this. I am going to send you some details in private and ease your mind about this.
Brother Sam

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
You are starting down the right road of diet and exercise. Vessels can then widen without restriction. The upside of diabetes management is that you "fix" other areas and avoid general public issues into the bargain, by being fitter and stronger and having a more efficient general body.

MTS1980

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After the age of 18, we start down the other side. Hair growing in ears and your nose and your Skin Changes etc. What!!!!!!! This is not real. I really thought this. You are 37 years old. It is arterial and blood related and stressing yourself over this is no good. You have 45 years, but yes Diabetes does affect this. I am going to send you some details in private and ease your mind about this.
Brother Sam

Thanks brother waiting

MTS1980

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are starting down the right road of diet and exercise. Vessels can then widen without restriction. The upside of diabetes management is that you "fix" other areas and avoid general public issues into the bargain, by being fitter and stronger and having a more efficient general body.

Got it so exercise and diet right I am doing it by bg level is 200 trying to bring it down to 150 I take low dosage of glucophage 1000 mg daily

D

Deleted member 464700

It will definitely affect you, and the pills will not help

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Sam

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was told there was nothing wrong with my testeron and I've had ed for years I've had all the drugs my doctor gave me all they did for give me a headache

Last edited:

baglady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm clearly being an out the loop thicko but no idea what ED is?

I tend to not think about my diagnosis i just take the tablets, watch my diet without obsessing about it which would just make me get face down in a bowl of chocolate :)

And things have gone well that way in terms of blood sugar levels. I don't monitor it at home either though my Doc thinks i do. I do what suits me. Before things stabilised do have a few bothersome symptoms including Gastroparreis (no idea how to spell it) which is horrid at times. Thank god for my new tablets that soothe things.

Anyway apologies off on a tangent. Bottom line is I'm 51 & nothing puts me off sex. In fact best sex of my life. Relaxes my mind too! Though that may have a little something to do with canbabis. Oh yes recent regular convert. Primarily for arthritus in hip & not being able to sleep. On top of dealing with meltdowns & what not with my youngest who has autism & PDA.

Nowadays you don't have to smoke a joint to get the chilled benefits of weed (has lowered my BP too!) & I've lost weight an added bonus without really trying. Less stressed so less comfort eating???

CBD is available in tablet form. From all good pharmacies & healrh food shops :) Google it, basically the calming relaxing part of pot without the THC which is the stoned bit. Can also make pot coffee if you want to use the real deal with no cigs. (Aswell as the old ways of pipe & bong but both a bit harsh on the throat)

Ok yes, now I've rambled will go off & find out what ED is ie Google...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@baglady, an old post i fear.
and ED is an issue for the gentleman in your life..it's a boy 'performance' issue.

In any event the answer from @Mbaker best outlines action, imho.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/diagnosed-at-37-very-worries-about-sex.133674/#post-1682072

Nothing is pre-ordained, IF we have the wherewithal to TRY to correct our Blood sugars and diet.
but somethings are out of our control and then we do need further assistance,
dependent upon what they are.

As for Cannabis...missus uses it to relieve some menopause symptoms (BCD oil. holland & barrets)
do beleive it has many medicinal uses, wouldn't be adverse to it being prescribed where needed more often.
not a fan of the smell, so i'd rather not have it around me, but for pure personal use ?..
maybe we should follow the US states who allow and control it.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
It will definitely affect you, and the pills will not help

Hi @phil42sussex - I can find no evidence that well controlled diabetes leads to ED issues. Can you link to any evidence you have that this will “definitely” happen?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is all about blood flow - I think.
Keeping the blood glucose levels low - normal is good - means that the small blood vessels are not damaged - good for eyesight, healing of damaged skin, and sex.