What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

james11

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I sometime worry a little if I go below 5, because it means I can't go somewhere (such as the office) on the spur (at least I was told that's the floor for driving in the UK).

That said, I do prefer to keep as good control as I can (below 6). Since being diagnosed in November, I've got my HbA1C from 152 down to 40.[/QUOTE]
Hi...good numbers for u...i been keeping mine low too..yes i drive hgv...so difficult balancing act between doctors and dvla...have to check rregularly and then my meters are looked at by 2 consultant every year

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

a bit better after a weird and stressful day yesterday. My anxiety didn't do me any favours, Mum's blood pressure is a little higher than usual and I didn't do so well on the vision field test and have to go back to repeat it next week (however, apparently, because anxiety affects your concentration it may be more my anxiety than my eyes :( - hadn't realised it could affect you that way ). After my hospital appt. we had a tasty low carb meal out but then found a pothole the hard way bursting a tyre on the way home in the dark. It was a roller coaster of a day!

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
6.7 @8:00 am.
Last week till yesterday I had good bgs readings between 5 and 5. 4. (on meds, metformin and glibenclamide plus low carb diet), I was happy . But I observed that I was always feeling dizzy . Yesterday morning on 5.4, still feeling dizzy, I skipped my 5mg daily glibenclamide and only took the 500 mg metformin (I observed the dizziness stopped) . I had my dinner of low carb around 5pm. I didn’t have a very good sleep, I felt hungry but I refused to succumb to the hunger. Alas this morning, my bg level has risen to 6.7 with over 10hours of fasting.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

a bit better after a weird and stressful day yesterday. My anxiety didn't do me any favours, Mum's blood pressure is a little higher than usual and I didn't do so well on the vision field test and have to go back to repeat it next week (however, apparently, because anxiety affects your concentration it may be more my anxiety than my eyes :( - hadn't realised it could affect you that way ). After my hospital appt. we had a tasty low carb meal out but then found a pothole the hard way bursting a tyre on the way home in the dark. It was a roller coaster of a day!
Hi geefull not such a great day for you yesterday,hope today is better! Great BG reading! K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.7 @8:00 am.
Last week till yesterday I had good bgs readings between 5 and 5. 4. (on meds, metformin and glibenclamide plus low carb diet), I was happy . But I observed that I was always feeling dizzy . Yesterday morning on 5.4, still feeling dizzy, I skipped my 5mg daily glibenclamide and only took the 500 mg metformin (I observed the dizziness stopped) . I had my dinner of low carb around 5pm. I didn’t have a very good sleep, I felt hungry but I refused to succumb to the hunger. Alas this morning, my bg level has risen to 6.7 with over 10hours of fasting.
Hi Olufisayo. I cannot comment on if the meds caused your dizziness Has I'm not on meds but I fast regularly and still get higher readings in a morning sometimes,it could just be a liver dump!K

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Hi Olufisayo. I cannot comment on if the meds caused your dizziness Has I'm not on meds but I fast regularly and still get higher readings in a morning sometimes,it could just be a liver dump!K

Appreciation!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.....7.2 .....too many carbs in the chilli I made last night?..........tomatoes,beans(no rice for me).........oh dear it was so good!Lots of snow here,and snowing again now.Yesterday drove eight miles to Tesco,dressed in my 'alpine' gear,snow boots,furry hat etc and guess what ..........hardly a snow flake there!Returned home to falling snow,crunchy and ankle deep!The local children were out sledging.I am living in a parallel universe!!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning.....7.2 .....too many carbs in the chilli I made last night?..........tomatoes,beans(no rice for me).........oh dear it was so good!Lots of snow here,and snowing again now.Yesterday drove eight miles to Tesco,dressed in my 'alpine' gear,snow boots,furry hat etc and guess what ..........hardly a snow flake there!Returned home to falling snow,crunchy and ankle deep!The local children were out sledging.I am living in a parallel universe!!
Hi Glenmac what a time we're having with so much changeable weather and not just here but all over Spain we couldn't believe how cold it was,but to see from the airplane Madrid covered in snow couldn't believe it thought we were over alps there was not a bit of clear land to be seen! It's raining here but cold I have doctors appointment later in day will wrap up warm and face it head on,bet you looked a picture with your alpine gear on,and a good job you did have it on with your return journey home, you could have joined the kids sledging! Ha ha! K