What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I sometime worry a little if I go below 5, because it means I can't go somewhere (such as the office) on the spur (at least I was told that's the floor for driving in the UK).

That said, I do prefer to keep as good control as I can (below 6). Since being diagnosed in November, I've got my HbA1C from 152 down to 40.
Hi...good numbers for u...i been keeping mine low too..yes i drive hgv...so difficult balancing act between doctors and dvla...have to check rregularly and then my meters are looked at by 2 consultant every year[/QUOTE]
This has got to be in the top percentile of drops, great.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning...HbA1c test today...the culmination of six months hard work...fingers crossed...will be relieved to get it out of the way...woke to a 4.6
Whatch your BG doesn't drop any more Bubbsie especially if your out and about driving, good luck with your review! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have a great Valentine's Day Everyone!
BG @6.20am 6.1
BG @ 8.15 am 5.9
It beats me this diabetes if I'm good and don't have anything I shouldn't have my BG in a morning goes up,if like yesterday I had some biscuits and a Lyle and Blacks small chocolate bar before bed it goes down?K

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.........6.2 this morning......ate exactly the same meals as previous day to find the cause of yesterday's 7.2...........
I can't blame the HGVs horn blowing as last night I was woken at 2.10 by them!
The good result is that I can still eat chilli without rice,I had it with cauliflower mash and it was delish!
Have a good day everyone.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Down to 7.2 @ 8.25 am. Going in the right direction but still too high. Usually drops later in the day after I've taken medication with breakfast and evening meal . ( Gliclizide/ metformin) but always higher than I'd like before breakfast. Have a good day everyone.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning.........6.2 this morning......ate exactly the same meals as previous day to find the cause of yesterday's 7.2...........
I can't blame the HGVs horn blowing as last night I was woken at 2.10 by them!
The good result is that I can still eat chilli without rice,I had it with cauliflower mash and it was delish!
Have a good day everyone.
Hi @Glenmac i have vegetable rice has a substitute for rice,have you tried the green veggie rice from Iceland 4 packs for a £1 I like both cauliflower and green veggie rice,you can get both packs with 4 servings in each bag for £2. Great value for money,also Aldi does carrot chips instead of potato chips and Tesco does mixed vegetable chips I also have these and love either of these. The supermarkets are on the ball now with lots of no carb veg substitutes love it! K