Temporary solution?

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Update
So the last few days have been okay and my symptoms are still there and I noticed something yesterday. Yesterday I decided not to eat anything and see how I feel and....I only ate a banana,orange,one biscuit and a ton of water but even though I felt weak and a bit tiered my symptoms were not as pronounced as the day before where I had 3 full meals of cornflakes, pasta and bread and I felt awful. I know this eating habit is not good for me but it makes me feel better, for now. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Fluffy12 Ok so you don't have diabetes but you have symptoms ?

Have you discussed this with your GP ?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Cotton on to any clues here?

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi @Fluffy12 Ok so you don't have diabetes but you have symptoms ?

Have you discussed this with your GP ?
Yes I have had 2 hba1cs done the first one was 50 and the second 42
Fainted once after a blood sugar of 27.4 but it came down after a few hours to 9.3 after 3 hours.
The GP still thinks that I should wait until my next appointment in march and that I am okay

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Throughout the whole day I have been having extreme cravings for chocolate and soda which is soo unusual for me as I never usually crave sweet things. My thirst has also crept back and I am urinating frequently (every 20 minutes) but little amounts.
This is all very confusing and weird!!
Any suggestions?

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you need to pee every 20 minutes and it's only a small amount, it could be that you have a UTI so get to the Dr.

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder if this is a gluten/IBS/ Chorns (?) issue. I’m just wondering, do you have a meter and are you testing?

Fluffy12

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I wonder if this is a gluten/IBS/ Chorns (?) issue. I’m just wondering, do you have a meter and are you testing?
been trying to get a meter for a long time but can't as my parents would flip and i have no money

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I know this eating habit is not good for me but it makes me feel better, for now. Any suggestions??
You can't afford to eat like that for weeks on end till the March appointment. You need your nutrients (at 15 you're still growing) and starving yourself can open a whole new can of worms (eating disorders). Your craving for sugar could well be just because you aren't having enough calories!
I wonder if this is a gluten/IBS/ Chorns (?) issue.
Do you mean celiac???
I was thinking of cereals, pasta and bread that is why I said I do.
That could be a gluten issue rather than a carbs issue. We all tend to assume diabetes because that's what we know about but Fluffy12's symptoms aren't totally consistent with that. (HbA1c going down??? Solitary high blood sugar???) She needs to see a doctor for a diagnosis, not Dr Google and not us.