What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Dizzy is a Shih-Tzu - same sort of eye problems as pugs. He has an eye ulcer, so we have antibiotic eye drops and the corneal repair gel eye drops. The vet put the stuff in that reveals the full extent of the ulcer and it's quite extensive. I have hopes though, but Dizzy is blind until he gets some healing.

Things seem better now than they did first thing this morning :)
Just keep up the treatment it takes awhile to see improvement,my pug Elle is 11 years old but she came through,hopefully yours will too. But blind dogs can do very well in there own surroundings don't give up! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dizzy is a Shih-Tzu - same sort of eye problems as pugs. He has an eye ulcer, so we have antibiotic eye drops and the corneal repair gel eye drops. The vet put the stuff in that reveals the full extent of the ulcer and it's quite extensive. I have hopes though, but Dizzy is blind until he gets some healing.

Glad to hear that they are such a worry, just keep up the treatment! K

Reactions: Freema

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

WuTwo what's not expensive at the vets! K

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
Afternoon, not posted for a while as I have been in a bad place and not been in control at all, but I have shaken myself up and from high readings of over 10 just under 2 weeks ago, I am now averaging 4.5 and feeling so much more positive. A combination of 1 tablet a day from the DR just for a while he says to get my levels better and very strict low carbing.
How many pugs have you got Granny_grump_ we have only got one now as we lost the other 9 months ago, they are such a worry with their eyes aren't they.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Afternoon, not posted for a while as I have been in a bad place and not been in control at all, but I have shaken myself up and from high readings of over 10 just under 2 weeks ago, I am now averaging 4.5 and feeling so much more positive. A combination of 1 tablet a day from the DR just for a while he says to get my levels better and very strict low carbing.
How many pugs have you got Granny_grump_ we have only got one now as we lost the other 9 months ago, they are such a worry with their eyes aren't they.
Hi@maisiepug we have two black boy and girl we bought Louie from being a puppies he's 10 now Elle is 11 she was a rescue ex breeding ***** who we had spayed no more puppies for her, I've got vet bills coming out of my ears for the last year Elle with her eyes teeth ears and now she is having investigations into why she suddenly when asleep she cannot get her breath,we think the vet damaged her oesophagus when they did dental work on her last September. And Louie now has struvite crystals so special diet costing £100 per month,but it's what you have to do if you care about them and we have had dogs for nearly 40 years we love them like we do our children.
How old was your pug and what age is your other these are our first pugs so unsure of their life expectancy would guess around 10 years to 16 but like humans we a live to different ages,we never have same breed twice all our dogs have lived to be just short of their 14 th birthdays, cocker spaniels,boxer yorkies all rescued then pugs! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...initially up at 4am...sod that went back to bed...a couple of hours later awake... had coffee...feeling relatively human now...last night a visit from the neighbours...armed with a game of 'Twister' and home made Biscotti...managed to avoid 'Twisting'...just spun the wheel....unfortunately the Biscotti was a different matter...ate two...oops:banghead:...woke to a 4.7 if my meter is running true

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Happen bunny, might do a little skip down the garden later 4.9. Aren't BG levels weird?
Morning...initially up at 4am...sod that went back to bed...a couple of hours later awake... had coffee...feeling relatively human now...last night a visit from the neighbours...armed with a game of 'Twister' and home made Biscotti...managed to avoid 'Twisting'...just spun the wheel....unfortunately the Biscotti was a different matter...ate two...oops:banghead:...woke to a 4.7 if my meter is running true
I'd be happy with that:)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

got to be over at mum's a bit earlier today with our Sunday meal because a man is coming to look at a fallen tree in her garden with a view to taking it out, we're hoping he will take it down safely and chop it up :)

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning you awesome lot.. happy Sunday my friends. I hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend so far..

5.5 @ 2130

6.3 @ 0215 (3 unit of nova rapid to stop it rising anymore) they would just keep rising

5.6 @ 0652 (4 shot of novo to stop my pesky dp taking over and chugging out a low 8 like normal. A lie in now and I’m shooting up quite high)

Still struggling since my dads passing, still on my very strict low carb diet.. dr Bernstein’s approach.

;)

Happyhomelands

Good Morning, 5.6 this morning after a night out at a friend's. Woke at midnight with headache and worried that my sugars were raging but tested at 4.6. It's a pity he scales were less forgiving. I was really good with exercise yesterday and will repeat today. I wish I enjoyed it, I just have to pretend, with my poor memory I might just fool myself.