What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Undlosgehtes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there for me it is 7.1 this morning, currently Iam hitting quite high numbers with my fasting BG. The lowest I ever have been to has been like 5.6. So currently I am worried that my numbers are that high.:(:( I am doing LCHF and lost about 12kg, since May. Still some KG to drop though. Winter is back here in Germany, it is snowing!!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.3 this morning.

@Glenmac -- Hope you gotten a good night's sleep tonight, the behavior of the truck drivers is outrageous.
@gusbudone -- I agree with the others, 500g of carbs seems to be more than most non-diabetics would be eating. I would also suggest that you test 45 min or 1 hour after eating to see just how high your blood sugar goes. (Blood sugar spikes are not good for us.) It will be easier to make a decision once you have all the information.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there for me it is 7.1 this morning, currently Iam hitting quite high numbers with my fasting BG. The lowest I ever have been to has been like 5.6. So currently I am worried that my numbers are that high.:(:( I am doing LCHF and lost about 12kg, since May. Still some KG to drop though. Winter is back here in Germany, it is snowing!!
Well done

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@gusbudone

Hello and welcome to the Forum :) Here in my signature is the link to the Basic Information we give to new members and I hope you will find it useful. Carry on asking questions and someone will help.

Reactions: Undlosgehtes

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

seems to be about the new 'normal' for me now I'm eating to maintain my current weight and am having slightly more carb (still generally under 80g though ;) ) and a bit more protein. If I can keep it at that I'll be pretty happy, I'll wait and see what my latest HbA1c is, it's due half way through March :sorry:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
5.6 but done v. late. (10.30 a.m.)

Elderly one eyed dog has developed (overnight!) horrible eye ulcer on remaining eye which had very limited vision and now he is blind. Husband has been up all night with him as poor Dizzy is very stressed. We have an appt at the vet shortly. I don't know what they can do, they have been warning us how little sight he has for a couple of years and we have fought so hard for him to keep it. Hopefully they can help, and if the eye is to be lost, then we'll need anti-stress stuff for him until he adapts a bit.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
good morning all :)

4.7 today

seems to be about the new 'normal' for me now I'm eating to maintain my current weight and am having slightly more carb (still generally under 80g though ;) ) and a bit more protein. If I can keep it at that I'll be pretty happy, I'll wait and see what my latest HbA1c is, it's due half way through March :sorry:
Mine is going to be rubbish but next one should be good again. I've had to re-examine my whole life recently. With help luckily.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
5.6 but done v. late. (10.30 a.m.)

Elderly one eyed dog has developed (overnight!) horrible eye ulcer on remaining eye which had very limited vision and now he is blind. Husband has been up all night with him as poor Dizzy is very stressed. We have an appt at the vet shortly. I don't know what they can do, they have been warning us how little sight he has for a couple of years and we have fought so hard for him to keep it. Hopefully they can help, and if the eye is to be lost, then we'll need anti-stress stuff for him until he adapts a bit.
@WuTwo same thing happened to one of my pugs last year hey wanted to remove the eye but asked if there was an alternative,it was eye drops which I stayed up through teach night to administer has it was often, she kept her eye it's not perfect vision but she can still see! Hope you get some good advice from your vets,let me know! K

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mhm...we shall see. I hope they somehow resolve it to your satisfaction. How many carbs in these words you are eating ?
I'm just looking for the recipe on Diet Doctor!We don't get much interest in this area from the Scottish Parliament.The guy who came down from Transport Scotland,to describe the working of the lights to us was useless,I've seen better power point presentations from eight yearolds!He had obviously cobbled something together during a tea break having drawn the short straw in visiting us,kept repeating he had travelled down from Edinburgh.He had little idea of the geography of the area!........I promise not to grumble again I'm resorting to ear plugs!!

gusbudone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.3 this morning.

@Glenmac -- Hope you gotten a good night's sleep tonight, the behavior of the truck drivers is outrageous.
@gusbudone -- I agree with the others, 500g of carbs seems to be more than most non-diabetics would be eating. I would also suggest that you test 45 min or 1 hour after eating to see just how high your blood sugar goes. (Blood sugar spikes are not good for us.) It will be easier to make a decision once you have all the information.
Thanks ziggy, I often measure bg 2 hours after eating and my bg is very low under 5.55. After eating I took metformin. Before using metformin

Reactions: Granny_grump_

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@WuTwo same thing happened to one of my pugs last year hey wanted to remove the eye but asked if there was an alternative,it was eye drops which I stayed up through teach night to administer has it was often, she kept her eye it's not perfect vision but she can still see! Hope you get some good advice from your vets,let me know! K

Dizzy is a Shih-Tzu - same sort of eye problems as pugs. He has an eye ulcer, so we have antibiotic eye drops and the corneal repair gel eye drops. The vet put the stuff in that reveals the full extent of the ulcer and it's quite extensive. I have hopes though, but Dizzy is blind until he gets some healing.

Things seem better now than they did first thing this morning :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Your doing fine it takes awhile for BG to come down just keep doing what your doing. Good luck! K