What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I'm just looking for the recipe on Diet Doctor!We don't get much interest in this area from the Scottish Parliament.The guy who came down from Transport Scotland,to describe the working of the lights to us was useless,I've seen better power point presentations from eight yearolds!He had obviously cobbled something together during a tea break having drawn the short straw in visiting us,kept repeating he had travelled down from Edinburgh.He had little idea of the geography of the area!........I promise not to grumble again I'm resorting to ear plugs!!

Where abouts are you ? I am in rural Stirlingshire and the council's neglect of the roads both in terms of condition and invisible snow ploughs or gritters does little for the balance my blood sugar level.

Reactions: Cumberland

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Brilliant, it's the beginning of another fabulous week of 7 more mystery days not knowing what sneaky stuff me and my diabetes are going to get up to. You have to laugh, yesterday I went to bed after eating a square of choc with BG 5.7 and up this morning and the little darling is 5.6!!
Hope you and your BGs have a great week!:)

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.1 today
Over the last few days I’ve been changing my ratio usually 1 unit to 10g carbs and long lasting 12 units 8pm each night which as kept me in brilliant control but over the last few days I’ve been going low so done a bit of tinkering like you do but yesterday I went completely insulin free and didn’t even have my long lasting last night in fear of going to low and just to see what happened and what number I got this morning got to be the honeymoon period ain’t it surely lucky I go to see my consultant today for my hba1c results so that’s good timing I guess I must add I’m pretty low carb anyway don’t have breakfast as I go to the gym in fasting mode which keeps my bs levels stable dinners around 15/20g carbs tea around 20/40g

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5.1 today
Over the last few days I’ve been changing my ratio usually 1 unit to 10g carbs and long lasting 12 units 8pm each night which as kept me in brilliant control but over the last few days I’ve been going low so done a bit of tinkering like you do but yesterday I went completely insulin free and didn’t even have my long lasting last night in fear of going to low and just to see what happened and what number I got this morning got to be the honeymoon period ain’t it surely lucky I go to see my consultant today for my hba1c results so that’s good timing I guess I must add I’m pretty low carb anyway don’t have breakfast as I go to the gym in fasting mode which keeps my bs levels stable dinners around 15/20g carbs tea around 20/40g
Tinkering and insulin free WOW, I'd be scared. I was told never to stop the basal

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Tinkering and insulin free WOW, I'd be scared. I was told never to stop the basal

Maybe it’s not a good idea but I was just curious what my bs would be this morning and in fear of going to low in the night I did do some research before I made the decision and read many have gone completely insulin free through honeymoon period but I’ll see what the consultant says today

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all.

4.9 this morning, which is amazing considering how disturbed things have been.

Dizzy seems happier, his eye is nowhere near as inflamed and looks much better. He's very subdued but not as scared as he was so we're making progress. There's lots of advice on the net for looking after newly blind dogs, and it's been a great help. He's still clinging to my husband but as long as Bob stays well in earshot he'll let him go more than three metres away now! We're fine with that; whatever helps Dizzy is OK with us.

Stay well and take care peeps!