Diabetes.co.uk meter ripoff!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In their online shop Diabetes.co.uk is selling the TEE2 Blood Glucose Meter for £34.99. I do hope most people who visit this Forum know that Spirit Healthcare offers this meter FREE together with case, lancet gun, 10 lancets, 10 strips, with CD and cable for connecting to a PC. ALL FREE to anyone who asks! Diabetes.co.uk also offer a tub of 50 TEE2 test strips for £12.99. From Spirit they cost £7.75.

I do hope anyone who has been ripped off will complain loud and long and insist on having their money back.

D

Deleted member 308541

In their online shop Diabetes.co.uk is selling the TEE2 Blood Glucose Meter for £34.99. I do hope most people who visit this Forum know that Spirit Healthcare offers this meter FREE together with case, lancet gun, 10 lancets, 10 strips, with CD and cable for connecting to a PC. ALL FREE to anyone who asks!
DCUK will be paying wholesale / discounted price for the TEE2 meters from Spirit Healthcare. So they will not be handing them out as freebies and making a loss if they want to stay in business.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most meter companies give out free meters - its a loss leader because they make so much profit on the strips
Duk charging more for both the meter and strips than spirit health care smacks of rank profiteering

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The prices do seem on the high side. I see the accu-chek mobile is £39.99. You can buy it online for around £25, and in ASDA pharmacies it was about £17 last year.

As with most things it pays to compare prices, which is easy now with the internet.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Cor that's high in price.
I have only ever tried to buy a wrist band from the site and never received it.
Also I never received my free little goodie bag. So I will never buy anything again