1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes.co.uk meter ripoff!

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Alexandra100, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

In their online shop Diabetes.co.uk is selling the TEE2 Blood Glucose Meter for £34.99. I do hope most people who visit this Forum know that Spirit Healthcare offers this meter FREE together with case, lancet gun, 10 lancets, 10 strips, with CD and cable for connecting to a PC. ALL FREE to anyone who asks! Diabetes.co.uk also offer a tub of 50 TEE2 test strips for £12.99. From Spirit they cost £7.75.

I do hope anyone who has been ripped off will complain loud and long and insist on having their money back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

DCUK will be paying wholesale / discounted price for the TEE2 meters from Spirit Healthcare. So they will not be handing them out as freebies and making a loss if they want to stay in business.

3. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Thats meter companies for you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

Most meter companies give out free meters - its a loss leader because they make so much profit on the strips
    Duk charging more for both the meter and strips than spirit health care smacks of rank profiteering

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

I have three meters and all of them I had sent to me for free. It’s in the companies interest because the profit it in the stripes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

The prices do seem on the high side. I see the accu-chek mobile is £39.99. You can buy it online for around £25, and in ASDA pharmacies it was about £17 last year.

As with most things it pays to compare prices, which is easy now with the internet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

Cor that's high in price.
    I have only ever tried to buy a wrist band from the site and never received it.
    Also I never received my free little goodie bag. So I will never buy anything again

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook