Anyone remember these syringes?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm going to try to pick up a Palmer Injector Gun off ebay. I've never had any grief from anyone about injecting in public, but it would be worth its weight in gold if anyone started giving disapproving glances in a restaurant. Just pull it out, point it at them Dirty Harry style, and say, "go ahead, punk, make my day".

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'm going to try to pick up a Palmer Injector Gun off ebay. I've never had any grief from anyone about injecting in public, but it would be worth its weight in gold if anyone started giving disapproving glances in a restaurant. Just pull it out, point it at them Dirty Harry style, and say, "go ahead, punk, make my day".

hommedia.ashx
BsMg7fPIgAAu058.jpg
injector-guns-png.5830

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I flicked onto the auction site thinking there'd be no way there'd be one of those on but https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-PA...373159?hash=item2aa155ad67:g:Hn8AAOSwFEpakvqe

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Reactions: Dodo and nessals946

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diagnosed in 1981 so yes I remember them (vaguely).
latest

Does anyone remember a 'Rupert the Bear' instruction booklet on the subject of urine testing. You got a chemistry kit of stuff prior to the pee on a stick and check the Dulux colours chart. Or is this a false memory?

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Does anyone remember a 'Rupert the Bear' instruction booklet on the subject of urine testing. You got a chemistry kit of stuff prior to the pee on a stick and check the Dulux colours chart. Or is this a false memory?
Is this the kit you mean.
image.jpg
I once wondered if the Clinitest tablets really boiled the urine and touched the bottom of the tube with my finger. They certainly did!

Reactions: Jaylee

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
latest

upload_2018-3-4_11-0-24.png

Hi @NicoleC1971. Here's your Dulux chart - most of the colours, except the Negative (of course!) don't suit our very old house. I have vague recollections of the Rupert Bear "Softener" but I have no evidence. Presume it appeared after I stopped using Dulux. Like @Dodo I also tried to rearrange fingerprints on the bottom of the fizzing tube!

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 25514
Hi @NicoleC1971. Here's your Dulux chart - most of the colours, except the Negative (of course!) don't suit our very old house. I have vague recollections of the Rupert Bear "Softener" but I have no evidence. Presume it appeared after I stopped using Dulux. Like @Dodo I also tried to rearrange fingerprints on the bottom of the fizzing tube!
Used to like watching it fizz in the tube and see how high up it would go. I always knew if it went almost to the top it would be negative. A slower, lower fizz always ended up as a positive.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh my, am I glad those days are past! I always hated the packets of dextrose tablets, not because of the taste but because when one was needed it’d hardened. Broken teeth or bad hypo? I had biscuits in my bag instead to avoid using them, real chocolate ones if I could afford them and to escape the laxative-treat. Everything used to emerge covered in crumbs and melted goo but it was worth it.

Madmaureen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ahhh so many memories I remember that clinitest kit so well thought it was easy then but now WOW ! How things have improved so glad too!!
Type 1 for 48 yrs going for GOLD!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is this the kit you mean.
View attachment 25512
I once wondered if the Clinitest tablets really boiled the urine and touched the bottom of the tube with my finger. They certainly did!
I had that kit.! Also had a tin cup to pee in. (To collect with the dropper.)

I still can't drink out of a tin camping mug to this day...

Reactions: Dodo

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ahhh so many memories I remember that clinitest kit so well thought it was easy then but now WOW ! How things have improved so glad too!!
Good on you!

Reactions: Madmaureen

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

You're doing great! 52 years this year. Got two gold medals, one British and also an American gold (just because I could).

image.jpeg

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
You're doing great! 52 years this year. Got two gold medals, one British and also an American gold (just because I could).

View attachment 25527
It's wonderful how diabetes makes us proud! Quite justifiably...well done! When I got my medal, I showed it to my boss who said "You got a medal simply for living?" I should have another medal for not attacking him!

Reactions: Madmaureen

Q4444

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I remember them and using a match box ro make the needles last longer in those days we did not have free prescriptions. We followed a line diet when first diagnosed. Insulin came in different strengths 20, 40,,80,units so you could not dial up the dose.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

Me too, 48 years and counting.

Reactions: Madmaureen and Dodo

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I remember them and using a match box ro make the needles last longer in those days we did not have free prescriptions. We followed a line diet when first diagnosed. Insulin came in different strengths 20, 40,,80,units so you could not dial up the dose.
Hi @Q4444 I thought this might amuse you!
Picture has not uploaded - I'll try again

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
upload_2018-3-5_12-27-20.png

This is the R D Lawrence Line Weight Diet. As it says on the right, first used n 1925!