Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
@bigjim19 At least you are still struggling and not just giving up. More power to your elbow - although that may be an invitation to something entirely different!

Not far away from giving up and going back on the metformin just don’t want to do that as I’ve done ok since being med free but if I can’t get it under control what choice do I have and that would seem like a failure

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not far away from giving up and going back on the metformin just don’t want to do that as I’ve done ok since being med free but if I can’t get it under control what choice do I have and that would seem like a failure
I wouldn't see it as failure just part of your continuing responsible way to deal with a condition which demands care and attention.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t feel a failure @bigjim19. Medication is designed to help us and if Metformin helps you keep things under control, it’ll also be helping you avoid horrible diabetic complications. It’s not about passing or failing, it’s about what is best for you.

X

Reactions: Keesha and bigjim19

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.7 this morning - courtesy of 2 Gliclizade yesterday (and a bit more sleep last night)

Reactions: Keesha and Freema
D

Deleted member 308541

5.4 at 5:00 am.

7.1 today still struggling to get it down

Work think on your daily / weekly / monthly averages they would be better than the fasting one.

Last weeks stress will still be playing silly büggers with your blood levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Perro and Freema

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.4 at 5:00 am.

Work think on your daily / weekly / monthly averages they would be better than the fasting one.

Last weeks stress will still be playing silly büggers with your blood levels.

That’s what I can’t understand the foods the same only things that have changed is I have a couple vodkas Diet Coke on a Saturday nothing during the week as I’m driving the exercise is down no doubt about that and I’ll get into that again soon and as you say the stress level was up even up to yesterday so we’ll see what happens the rest off the week But I have to get it down somehow