Sugar <> Stevia Relationship by weight?

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been trying with no success to find the relationship in grams between granulated stevia and granulated sugar in order to achieve a similar level of sweetness.

I have found some sites that give a relationship, but they are mainly in terms of cups, tsp, tbs and I don’t find them particularly helpful.

Can anyone help?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dunno the correct ratios but stevia is v v v much sweeter! I find 1 drop of liquid srevia is more than enough to sub for 1tsp of sugar - which is apparently 4g of sugar
With the granulated stuff ( which I dont use) Id prob try a 1:4 conversion, taste it and adjust as indicated by the taste

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I’ve been trying with no success to find the relationship in grams between granulated stevia and granulated sugar in order to achieve a similar level of sweetness.

I have found some sites that give a relationship, but they are mainly in terms of cups, tsp, tbs and I don’t find them particularly helpful.

Can anyone help?
In Canada, it's under the brand name of Truvia. This website has the conversions you are looking for.
https://www.truvia.ca/conversion-chart

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Can anyone help?
I sometimes use granulated truvia.. which is mainly stevia I think ...its 1/3 teaspoon of truvia to replace 1 tsp of sugar. It is very sweet though so maybe try a bit less first time.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Very many thanks to EVERYONE who has taken the trouble to reply. I'm now much better informed as to the general ratios. But I guess in the final analysis, the best strategy is 'suck it or taste it and see'.